Who was the person who DDos'ed smogon.com?

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Someone obviously had a beef with smogon.

That someone hated a website that, in my opinion, was a beacon of the internet. Popular, chill community, with a great cast of characters. Everybody has their role. You are either getting shit on, or doing the shitting on somebody else. It's just how it is, and people accept it.

I don't think that this was some random attack. The timing of it was too perfect. Smogon just happened to go down during the time right before VGC Nationals in Indianapolis? And these attackers don't ALSO attack Nuggetbridge.com? And the people who went to smogon have to go to the only other credible part of the internet that talks about pokemon? This coincidence is too good to be true.

Just think about it. Impressionable, 2013 users, born and raised in the technological age. Users who join within this particular time in June probably have no friends to really spend time with during the summer and want a place to hang out and fit in to, which might be why the perpetrators chose to attack at this particular time. Any forum who has this particular set of users surely has an advantage for the future, as you can't really spend time between both nuggetbridge and smogon. The opportunity is just too good to pass up. That userbase, combined with the disgruntled veterans who potentially moved to nuggetbridge to discuss pokemon, could ruin us, and eventually force us all to play the One Tier.

The person who did this obviously had to have had inside info on the codebase of this website to not only know where to attack, but when to do it as well. Being a veteran member of the site I can tell you that I might know from some anonymous sources that it might be found in the insidescoop subforum known only to badged members.

This person also would have to have knowledge of technology in order to pull off the attack. Someone who really enjoys technology, but at the same time loathes freedom and quality.

Even with both of those things, an attack on the website would still likely fail. This website was designed by an elite programmer who goes to Princeton, whose name is chaos. The person who did this would have had to have gotten really really close to chaos in order to learn how to get by the last lines of defense needed to take this website down. A sociopath of the highest quality - someone who can find the balance between faking gregariousness and social grace with downright hating this website.

I've come down to only one person that fits the bill perfectly:

RODAN, a good friend of mine.

RODAN is incredibly close with chaos. In IRC, I've noticed them joking around a lot and being generally friendly towards one another, although any interaction is usually initiated by RODAN himself. RODAN was promoted, for a brief period of time, to the status of moderator of a forum, but it was taken away from him. I think this devastated RODAN. I think he went to nuggetbridge. I think nuggetbridge welcomed him in with open arms, and turned my friend into a heartless VGC player hell-bent on disrupting the balance between the two forums and forcing everyone to play the One Tier.

Not only has he proved that he is great with technology from his frequent posts in the photo album and his many chattroulette threads, hes also been in inside scoop and is close enough to chaos to know the last lines of defense.

How do we prevent something like this from happening again? Well, I think its quite simple.

What the admins need to do, is, make me a moderator of a forum.

I'd be able to guard insidescoop, and id be able to comb over a forum if there was ever some sort of crafty counter thread trying to discredit me, because if the combined efforts of RODAN and nuggetbridge ever wanted to do such a thing they attack me on my home turf to try to take me out of the investigation once and for all.

I'll keep you guys updated on anything else I find out, especially suspects in this, but im pretty sure I'm 100% right.

Clearly it was Anonymous, as smogon is a FBI recruiting tool for their future psychic warriors program.

Great. It was the Game 7 of NBA Eastern Conference Finals. And we didn't have the chance to talk shit.

I was on board with your theory until the end of your post. Where you shamelessly plugged yourself as a perfect candidate to be a moderator of this forum.

Now it's clear you were behind this all along as a scare tactic and to force us to provide you with the power you seek.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Fucking TeamUber at it again. After all these years I thought they would let it go.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe BattleStar was so mad that he could not run TRC because we banned him so he took out his anger on us.

Sounds like something Team Rocket would do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)