World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Argentina dominated the match and the score was deserving. I'm not going to talk about the England game whatsoever.

For all those who are in the Fantasy League, I'm second by one point :P.

*sigh*

2-1, Argentina - England, 1986 WC. Maradona famously scores the first goal with his hand.
Can anyone remember the second goal?

Same thing happened with mexico today.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Argentina dominated the match and the score was deserving. I'm not going to talk about the England game whatsoever.

For all those who are in the Fantasy League, I'm second by one point :P.
If you're English, then I wouldn't really talk about who got "dominated"...I mean England pretty much got dominated too. 2-1 is the real score, first score was bullshit get your facts straight homeboy.

Germany takes the cup btw

*sigh*

2-1, Argentina - England, 1986 WC. Maradona famously scores the first goal with his hand.
Can anyone remember the second goal?

Same thing happened with mexico today.
I remember it being a damn good goal by Maradona, replayed at every world cup since.

I don't think Teves' goal was that amazing, but eh.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the refs are ruining this tournament

i would like to see how germany's counterattacking fares against teams that don't get caught totally off-guard whenever they're not in their half of the pitch, because even though germany played well, england practically pulled their trousers down and bent over for the last two goals

If you're English, then I wouldn't really talk about who got "dominated"...I mean England pretty much got dominated too. 2-1 is the real score, first score was bullshit get your facts straight homeboy.

Germany takes the cup btw
Yes I know England got dominated, I never said they didn't. Facts straight? I didn't give any facts. Your taking it as if "being dominated" was an insult, it was simply my view on the game.

Brazil v Chile tomorrow. I don't think either goalkeeper will keep a clean sheet, since Chile do have a strong force. Chile are a good team, but I don't think they can contend with Brazil.

It was harsh on Mexico but they didn't do themselves any favours with that shitty 2nd goal, you can't be that sloppy against a team like Argentina.

I still think Argentina's slow as shit defence and their positioning will cost them against a more solid defensive team that can also hit fast on the counter.

Argentina have only played one team who play more defensive and that was Greece and they struggled to break them down till the very end. Mexico,Korea,Nigeria are all teams that play straight into Argentina's hands.

Germany will take them out next round.

My prediction for Brazil Germany final is still on, with Spain choking against Germany. I truly think Brazil are on another level this tournament.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Yes I know England got dominated, I never said they didn't. Facts straight? I didn't give any facts. Your taking it as if "being dominated" was an insult, it was simply my view on the game.
You said Argentina dominated the match...which if it was true then we would have ended like North Korea vs Portugal, now that is total domination. You should learn how to use proper words for proper happenings.

It was harsh on Mexico but they didn't do themselves any favours with that shitty 2nd goal, you can't be that sloppy against a team like Argentina.

I still think Argentina's slow as shit defence and their positioning will cost them against a more solid defensive team that can also hit fast on the counter.

Argentina have only played one team who play more defensive and that was Greece and they struggled to break them down till the very end. Mexico,Korea,Nigeria are all teams that play straight into Argentina's hands.

Germany will take them out next round.

My prediction for Brazil Germany final is still on, with Spain choking against Germany. I truly think Brazil are on another level this tournament.
You never know, this championship has a lot of surprises, last WC Argentina lost against Germany in Penaltys when the match was played on GERMANY.

Lol...

I have to admit Brazil isin't THAT good, depends too much on Kaká and Robinho, there's no fucking creativity without these two. And Brazil's bench is horrible. But obviously Brazil is one of the big favorites since with Kaká in good shape they're strong as fuck.

And yes Argentina ain't gonna get past Germany. Argentina's defense too bad and Germany's counterattacks are deadly

GERMANY YEAH!:D but now it will become very hard against argentina....hopefully we gonna make it :)))

england pwnd xDD '66 here we are again, HOW DOES IT FEELS LIKE MHHHHHH

gogo germany!!! WELTMEISTER

Lol...

I have to admit Brazil isin't THAT good, depends too much on Kaká and Robinho, there's no fucking creativity without these two. And Brazil's bench is horrible. But obviously Brazil is one of the big favorites since with Kaká in good shape they're strong as fuck.

And yes Argentina ain't gonna get past Germany. Argentina's defense too bad and Germany's counterattacks are deadly
Kaka was terrible in the first game against Korea,they didn't even have him against a very dangerous side in portugal and despite what the scoreline said they still made them look like amateurs even without a lot of their first team out. Brazil have been without Kaka for a lot of the qualifying and they pretty much destroyed everyone in that including Argentina.

Im looking forward to the Brazil-Chile game tomorrow, chile are entertaining but i can't see them winning tomorrow, they got beaten twice very easily by brazil in qualfying and brazil have averaged 4 goals against them in their last 6 meetings. There style is just a terrible matchup.

Surely spain have to show up soon and live up to the hype then be knocked out a round later. They would have been out all ready if a certain best striker in the world hadn't bailed them out.

Both games had terrible referees, such a disgrace that this world cup is getting dirty with these calls.

Nonetheless, Mexico was playing a good match but that second goal that was Osorio's fault is what killed the team, seriously, 1-0 even with a bad ref is still an open game, but if you give away a second goal to a team like Argentina, well, you get rolled over.

About Germany i do think they were the better team, but still 2-2 for England, i guess anything could happen if the ref didn't fucked up!

referees are especially retarded this year

Go Slovakia Go Chile

I have no interest in the 4 teams playing today so i just support the underdogs.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Both games had terrible referees, such a disgrace that this world cup is getting dirty with these calls.

Nonetheless, Mexico was playing a good match but that second goal that was Osorio's fault is what killed the team, seriously, 1-0 even with a bad ref is still an open game, but if you give away a second goal to a team like Argentina, well, you get rolled over.

About Germany i do think they were the better team, but still 2-2 for England, i guess anything could happen if the ref didn't fucked up!
Couldn't agree more with your post. Mexico really fell to pieces after that terrible call and they never recovered; that game could have gone much differently. And while I think Germany would have won regardless, the bad call didn't help them at all.

-Brazil vs Chile, I hope Brazil win this one. I really do, it will shut the mouths of people who think Brazil have no chance, my soccer coach for one

The refs are a bit retarded, but one must look at the fact that there are certain rules towards allowing a goal. The ref must be 100% sure, and the linesman was at the position where Lampard chipped it
The Australian host for our football match (football analyst) opposes video technology, but says that there should be a referee, behind the goal, so that he can easily sort out these situations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)