World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Really looking forward for Argentina vs Germany. Even though I support Argentina, I have a bad feeling about this... In 2006, Argentina lost against Germany in the Quarter finals -.-

Really looking forward for Argentina vs Germany. Even though I support Argentina, I have a bad feeling about this... In 2006, Argentina lost against Germany in the Quarter finals -.-
i hear ya. I just dont feel Argentina has the power to continue on. Same with Netherlands..

But magic from a player like Robben, Sneijder, VPersie.. Messi, Tevez or Higuain can really give them momentum and a chance to hold off Brazil/Germany.

Come on Dutch!

i hear ya. I just dont feel Argentina has the power to continue on. Same with Netherlands..

But magic from a player like Robben, Sneijder, VPersie.. Messi, Tevez or Higuain can really give them momentum and a chance to hold off Brazil/Germany.

Come on Dutch!
The same thing they said about Ronaldo being able to give his players momentum and hold off the "big teams".
I really don't see Argentina going past Germany,in my opinion anyways.

Uruguay - Ghana 2-0
Netherlands - Brasil 3-1
Argentinia - Germany 0-2
Paraguay - Spain 0-3

Uruguay - Netherlands 1-0
Germany - Spain 2-1

Uruguay - Germany 2-3

Uruguay - Ghana 2-1
Netherlands - Brasil 1-0
Argentinia - Germany 1-1 (penalties 2-4) Deja vou
Paraguay - Spain 1-4

Uruguay - Netherlands 0-0 (penalites 5-3)
Germany - Spain 2-1

Uruguay - Germany 1-0

My opinion is Uruguay will win the World Cup with lots of luck against Germany. :P

Yeah, right. Because Uruguay is stronger than Brazil, Argentina and Spain.

Sometimes, people need to look at things taking their personal feelings out of the way.

Uruguay still didn't face a really strong opponent and came out victorious. The "strongest" side they faced so far were France, and they weren't able to score there.

So I don't actually see them beating Netherlands AND Germany, even with lots of luck involved. I'm not even sure they'll pass Ghana.

Soccer is soccer. You can't ditch a team just because another is better.
I know Uruguay team better than anyone: it never had an astounding team, but they just refuse to lay down with ease.
You know that soccer movies when the team is getting beaten badly, then they turns the score to their favor in the last minute?
That describes Uruguay almost perfectly. And hey, they were champions already, unlike "favorites" like Spain and Netherlands.

Not saying that's going to happen though.

I'm from Brazil too, but i can't say Brazil is going to destroy Uruguay if they get past through Netherlands. Brazil is way better, but Brazil X Uruguay is always a tough game.

I never said Brazil was going to destroy Uruguay. If you read my post again, I didn't even said we were going to beat Netherlands. I just don't agree that Uruguay would be able to beat Germany and Netherlands. They had trouble with South Korea, for crying out loud.

If South Korea did put all their chances to rest, I could see an extra time even at that game. Germany does punish opponent's defenses for mistakes. I can see that happening against Argentina and against Uruguay, in case Uruguay were to progress.

I also never implied that you said that.
That came from me.

Edit: Germany lose to Serbia and had a hard time against... the team Uruguay is going to face (Ghana). Heh.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Germany's loss to Serbia was by default going to occur, since Klose got a double yellow in the first minutes of play. Thus being 10 vs 11

I never said Brazil was going to destroy Uruguay. If you read my post again, I didn't even said we were going to beat Netherlands. I just don't agree that Uruguay would be able to beat Germany and Netherlands. They had trouble with South Korea, for crying out loud.

If South Korea did put all their chances to rest, I could see an extra time even at that game. Germany does punish opponent's defenses for mistakes. I can see that happening against Argentina and against Uruguay, in case Uruguay were to progress.
Uruguay's defense is almost flawless, Muslera's got the record.

Switzerland Defense was almost flawless, but they are home now. =p

Also, again, Uruguay never faced a offensivelly strong team so far in this World Cup. The fact that they took no goals from France (scored only once in the tournament), South Africa and Mexico is not a strong hint to they having the best defense of the World.

They took a goal from South Korea, and could have been more, if Lee Dong-Gook didn't waste a nice chance at the end of the game, and Lee Chung-Yong did the same earlier on. Don't expect Germany or Argentina, Brazil or Netherlands to miss such chances.

Mexico got one of the bests attacks on the World Cup ehe.

On the South Korea, on the second half was almost no staminia for them. I'm sure they would have lost if Suarez didin't scored that great goal.

Switzerland Defense was almost flawless, but they are home now.Because they didn't know how to attack

Also, again, Uruguay never faced a offensivelly strong team so far in this World Cup Mexico. The fact that they took no goals from France France played horrible (scored only once in the tournament), South Africa and Mexico is not a strong hint to they having the best defense of the World.South Africa was local and Mexico played very well against Argentina.

They took a goal from South Korea only one, and could have been more they weren't, if Lee Dong-Gook didn't waste a nice chance at the end of the game but he wasted it, and Lee Chung-Yong did the same earlier on not my problem. Don't expect Germany or Argentina, Brazil or Netherlands to miss such chances.you mentioned chances from the only match we played badly in defense

To be World Champions, you CAN'T play bad on defense. You are stating that Uruguay played badly in defense because of themselves, but that is not true. Their opponents played well and created those chances. If South Korea can make that, you can't expect that Germany and Argentina won't be able to do it.

That is really being naive, of fanatical.

Lots of your bolded comments just prooved my point: your defense didn't face a world class attack yet, so you can't really state that its a strong point of your team. Facing the home team means nothing if that team doesn't have the quality. Only support from the stands will never be enough without quality. Anyway, the Vuvuzelas aren't really supporting any team, after all. Is just irritating noise.

The same applies to Netherlands. They've faced weak attacks so far, and took few goals. That doesn't mean their defense is as good as Brazilian (with Juan and Lucio being in World Class form right now). Uruguay is the same. Uruguay attack is World Class right now, being on par with Netherland's and above Brazil's, probably. But the defense was not tested enough so far.

Let's see how they fare against Ghana first, before saying it's a solid defense.

To be World Champions, you CAN'T play bad on defense. You are stating that Uruguay played badly in defense because of themselves, but that is not true. Their opponents played well and created those chances. If South Korea can make that, you can't expect that Germany and Argentina won't be able to do it. Alvaro Pereira was hurt on that match, when Lodeiro entered we played much better.

That is really being naive, of fanatical.

Lots of your bolded comments just prooved my point: your defense didn't face a world class attack yet, so you can't really state that its a strong point of your team. Facing the home team means nothing if that team doesn't have the quality. It did have the quality. -_- Only support from the stands will never be enough without quality. Anyway, the Vuvuzelas aren't really supporting any team, after all. Is just irritating noise.

The same applies to Netherlands. They've faced weak attacks so far, and took few goals. That doesn't mean their defense is as good as Brazilian (with Juan and Lucio being in World Class form right now). Uruguay is the same. Uruguay attack is World Class right now, being on par with Netherland's and above Brazil's, probably. But the defense was not tested enough so far.It's not that we were not tested enough, it's that we stop the attacks before they try to even enter to the area, or shoot

Let's see how they fare against Ghana first, before saying it's a solid defense.It is, but Ghana has a good attack.

You are still missing my point: the opponents didn't have the quality to test you enough. It doesn't mean your defenses are amazing. Only that the forwards you've faced so far are not top level. If you ignore France, that really didn't even played this World Cup after all, please name a top level striker that played against Uruguay at this World Cup.

Brazil faced Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo so far, and our defenses were able to show their strenghts. Now, we are going to face yet another high level offense, in the likes of Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder, but I believe Lucio and Juan are at a level where they can handle it.

And that is precisely my point: Uruguay remains untested against top level opponents, so you can't really do anything but hope they'll be able to hold the likes of Higuain, Tevez (onside, please. =P), Aguero, Messi, Klose, Ozil, et all.

World Cup 2010 is over for me. All the teams that I wanted to win... didn't. South Korea, Japan and England all lost, but I am especially annoyed at England's, I am still pissed at the referee not acknowledging Frank Lampard's goal even though the replays proved the whole ball crossed the line, he is obviously biased. Had the referee not be biased, it would even at 2-2, and England probably wouldn't have allowed Germany to score two goals in two minutes since their morale would be quite high and they will be able to concentrate better. Germany might have still won on extra time, or penalties, but if that happened I wouldn't be so annoyed because at least the referee didn't ruin it. And as for South Korea, they wasted 2 opportunities to score a goal, but at least they put up a fight against Uruguay. Japan too, I wanted them to win :( And one of them screwed up his penalties x_x

Uruguay-Ghana 1-2(AET)
Netherlands-Brazil 3-2
Argentina-Germany 2-0
Spain-Paraguay 2-1(Hopefully Fabregas plays)

Ghana-Netherlands 1-1(4-5 on penalties)
Argentina-Spain 2-4

Netherlands-Spain 2-3(AET)

Honestly I don't see the Netherlands win 3-2 against Brazil and play 1-1 against Ghana. My bet:

Uruguay - Ghana 3-1
Netherlands - Brazil 1-3
Argentina - Germany 2-1
Spain - Paraguay 3-1

Uruguay - Brazil 0-2
Argentina - Spain 1-1 (penalties: 4-5)

Brazil - Spain 2-1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)