Role Playing World's Largest Dungeon - Day 1

"I think that that acid trap automatically resets."

I carefully remove all fragile items there and put them in my sack. Then I throw all the items thru the doorway to the party, leaving me with one barrel. I turn the barrel upside-down and walk out of the room under the barrel, using it as cover against the trap.

"I exit the room now, watch carefully where the acid comes from so that we can disable the trap."

"Let's rest for 8 hours in the northeastern corner of the northeastern room. Spellcasters will regain their spells. If you have any spells left, use them now to benefit more from the rest."

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
((Like I asked on IRC, you are doing a few too many things at once and I'm confused as to what you want. Are you trying to take inventory of the room? Or just one barrel? Stuffing everything into a sack and attempting to throw it 20 feet might not bode well depending on what you shove into it))

Hmm perhaps best to do it one step a time. I'll take inventory of the room first.

"The tools here appear to be in good condition. While I'm checking this room please go check on what specific stuffs are in the prior storage rooms we encountered. After you are ready come back, stay back not to get hit by the trap and tell me the list. Then we can figure out what we'll take with us. Mind you, I can carry a lot."

Thankfully, his hide is mostly intact and Altezz breathes a sigh of relief. "Ugh...I suppose you lot are useful after all," he says quietly. Gathering his aplomb, he says, "Firstly, I'm going to dismantle that accursed contraption." From where he is, he looks at the floor for any pressure plates, and will keep doing so until he finds something that triggers the trap. So, take 20 perception for 27.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
"Sounds good, bro! You're a kobold with a...uh..." Trinno tries to think of a kobold analogue to 'man with a plan' but can't come up with anything.

"I'll check out this...nasty stuff...ew."

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Bleshet:
There are five coils of hempen rope totaling 500 feet. (20 lb.) as well as seven small barrels of rusty nails and enough tools to make a total of 10 sets of stonemason's tools (hammers, chisels, etc., these are common artisans tools for stonemasonry, 5 lb.). The hemp rope seems weakened by damp air.

Altezz:
You crouch down and thoroughly search the floor. In a tiny crevice separating your hall from the trapped one, you find a line of very fine silver wire, a sure sign of a magical alarm. The threshold seems to cover the whole hall.

Trinno: ((I assume you are moving into the last room to check the mushroomy stuff? You could be more clear in the future))
There are dozens of barrels, crates, and sacks lining the wall extending into the western end of this room. They are piled up in an organized fashion (to say the least) and most of them have been opened (the barrels have their tops staved in, the crates have their boards torn away, and the sack have been ripped open, some of their contents spilling onto the ground. This is what you can observe without rifling through the contents.

Dargon:
Ignoring Altezz below you, you step into the hall and are immediately assaulted by the damnable acid barrage coming from the north. Hit across the left shoulder, you immediately take 5 acid damage. It continues to eat away at you.

"Get back! Don't get yourself killed! Nobody is to enter that room ever again. Heal Dargon back up, Severian and then you all go to rifle through the mushroomy stuff. I found rope which is excellent indeed and also stoneworking tools. I will chisel my way through the west wall here to meet with you. After going through the mushroomy stuff, start resting in the room westward fro where I am. Remember to close the door in the south, preferably rigging it locked."

Bleshet starts breaking through the northernmost section of the western wall.

"A-ha! I have found--oh for Tiamat's sake! Why did you go into the room again?"

I'll get up--knowing where the tripwire is, I can come back to it. For now, I'll try to get the acid off of tas, wiping it with my backpack or something. Fair's fair, I guess?

"I suggest no one else get hurt for a while, that's my last cure for the day." Severian says as he casts cure light wounds on Altezz, healing him for 3 damage.
"COUGH COUGH I MEAN DARGON BLEAGH."
(I'm really bad with names.)

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
After being healed, the acid does 2 more damage before subsiding.

Bleshet begins to chisel at the wall. Having no training in stonemasonry, this is bound to take some time to say the least. So the rest of you are on your own, what will you do?

11:50 PM

Last edited:
Well, seeing as he knows where the tripwire for the trap is, Altezz will go back to it, and, using his masterwork thieves tools, attempt to permanently disable the trap, and if all possible, recover any parts from it he can get his little claws on. 20 on the Craft Traps check.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
You attempt to remove the wire from the magical trap, but as your hand crosses the threshold sure enough the trap fires at you. It sputters and hits the ground near your hand, a fortunate miss. Do you try again?

Altezz grumbles, and calls to the other room. "Bleshet! Come here, and bring something big and heavy with you! Do not step across the threshhold between the trapped room and this hallway!"

Or do. I don't care. He thinks.

The kobold most certainly wasn't going to catch anything, but this will do. "Hmph. Very well."

Carefully stepping over the alarm wire, he positions the barrel so that it would be between him and the acid trap. With it so placed, he steps back over the wire again and attempts to disable it once more, this time with a 17 on the check.

"HUH? HAVE ANOTHER!" Another barrel: 24 on STR check
2nd rage round used

"YOU SHOULD HIDE UNDER BARREL LIKE A MOUSE TO BE SAFE!"

quitting rage

*chisel* *chisel*

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Altezz tries again, this time with a barrel in front of him. When he hears a click, he looks his head up to see where it came from to find a glob of acid coming right at him. Thankfully he ducks just in time to have the acid fly overhead and hit nothing.

The kobold throws his claws up in the air. "Argh! This isn't worth it. Bleshet, you're on your own tonight!"

Taking out the shortsword, he scratches a warning onto the wall and points down to the silver tripwire. He then goes into the room with Trinno. "It's time for us to rest, brother. Nothing more to be gained from today."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)