WSC Megathread ~ Week 14 - Dark of the Moon: It All Ends

"Contrast"
Make a fusion of Type A pokemon to create a Type B pokemon
Whereby A/B is Fire/Ice, Fire/Water, Flying/Ground or Ghost/Normal, judges take your pick on whichever you fancy.
So it would be like, Make a fusion of Ghost-type pokemon to create a Normal-type pokemon
And then I fuse Gastly, Golett and Drifloon to create a random fat pink thing resembling Jigglypuff.
Get it?
Hmmmm, quite an intriguing thought...
Perhaps for Week 15! We'll see. :B

Yeah, I'd like to know...what exactly do judges look out for? Creativity? Colors? Presentation?
Well. Creativity is a huge factor. Say you just have a recolor of Geodude, with Ghastly eyes to make it a Ghost / Dark type Geodude. We can gurantee you, that won't get anywhere near the polls.
Recolor Geodude and use him as the head of a copy of Captain Falcon then combine it with a Machamp for a Fighting / Flying retype, and you're guranteed to look good in our eyes.

Color isn't much of an issue, but things need to blend. If you're combining parts and are attempting to make it resemble something, you need to have a good color scheme, as well as one that flows.

Presentation, another key factor. Nobody likes to see a simple sprite that looks like it took 5 minutes or so to make. ALSO, nobody wants to see one that looks like it contains pieces of every pokemon in existance and barely fits in the allowed frame. We want submissions that are well executed, well thought out, and "clean" in a sense.

Basicly, a combination of cleanliness, thought, effort, crativity, and an accordance to the theme at the time.

Hmmmmm..... *Light bulb pops above head*
......................How about a lavender town theme?
It would be simple. We make a pokemon that isn't a ghost or dark type,(Marowak and cubon included) and turn it into something we would see as the UNDEAD in lavender tower? Also, one of the rules would be no zombie pokemon from the super spriting forums. I think that would be cool. For example, making a weird and creepy marowak evolution (anyone can use that idea if they like it). Now THAT would be epic.

That is a good idea... how about a set of sprites? Like an evoltion chain? for example, Magby+Elkid, Magmar+Electabuzz, and Magmortar+Electavire? And they should be made to look like an actual evo chain. Or maybe an RMT fusion? pick your RMT (or a random one if you havent made one yet) and make a fusion of those mons. Or maybe Japanese or Ninja themed... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

To make up for the lack of oganization and completion from the last few weeks, I'm working on something big for week (let me count) 14. Then Week 15 will most likely consist of something simple, then perhaps Week 16 will utilize a suggestion (I'm really liking the contrast-fusion idea). Rest assured, WSC is only going to get better. I'll make sure of it. Hopefully Dogfish gets back soon to see what's goin' on. :p

Here guys, sorry for the late post, as I know I said I'd have it up at about noonish or so.

~Week 14~
~Dark of the Moon: It All Ends~
Fuse a group of 3 pokémon to create a tribute to the powers of Darkness, Witchcraft, and Wizardry. With the end of the Decepticon tyranny, and the closing of the tale of Hogwarts, a tribute is in order. Show off what you know of fiendish appearances, ghoulish disguises, wicked smiles, and horrifying anger.
The 3 major pokémon you use are determined by a sequence that you chose from the choices below. You may use any 3 pokémon in a row, column, or diagonal slant, but you may not use any others from the square. For instance, if you choose the top row, you may use Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and Darkrai, but no other pokémon from the square. Along with these pokémon however, you may use any other pokémon that aren't included in this square.

Have fun spriters, and think like mad geniuses! This contest will close on Monday the 25th at noon (12:00 PM GMT -7).​

also​
WINNER: suntt123

Most Original: Todris052
Most Humorous: DL13

Question, I get how choosing three works... but do we HAVE to include all three in our fusion? Like if I picked the middle row and used gengar and giratina + something like... I don't know, charizard, without including golurk, would that be OK? Or is it 3 pokemon from the square + other random pokemon if you want?

PS: Last I heard they were planning on making another transformers movie, but without Michael Bay. /shrug

Question, I get how choosing three works... but do we HAVE to include all three in our fusion? Like if I picked the middle row and used gengar and giratina + something like... I don't know, charizard, without including golurk, would that be OK? Or is it 3 pokemon from the square + other random pokemon if you want?

PS: Last I heard they were planning on making another transformers movie, but without Michael Bay. /shrug
Part of the challenge is using the 3 from the row, column, or diagonal that you use. So to answer your question, you have to use all 3, but can include any other pokémon.

Yay, you sortofish used my lavendar town idea!
EDIT: I have chosen a set without giratina origin, but you showed only the giratina origin sprite. Does that mean I can use the altered giratina sprite?

oooh yay wizards. i LOVED HP8, but it was a bit far from the books... D: anyways, it sucks that i cant use Hydreigon AND Golurk, my fav poke and my fave ghost poke. oh well. sometimes we have to make choices.

First off all, I want to thank all the judges, for choosing me for the Most Original sprite! Second, I just want to say that this is one epic theme, and I will enter in a few hours. Again, thanks anyone!

Yay, you sortofish used my lavendar town idea!
EDIT: I have chosen a set without giratina origin, but you showed only the giratina origin sprite. Does that mean I can use the altered giratina sprite?
Because of Giratina's complexity, and because both sprites are of the same pokémon, both can be used. As long as you do in fact use it along with the other 2 pokémon you respectively chose. :toast:

Because of Giratina's complexity, and because both sprites are of the same pokémon, both can be used. As long as you do in fact use it along with the other 2 pokémon you respectively chose. :toast:
I think he meant more like... he chose the top row (or something), so can he use altered forme giratina as an "extra" pokemon, or does it count as the same pokemon as origin (and therefore unusable because it's in the square). I'd guess by your answer you mean it can't be used unless giratina was part of your original 3.

I think he meant more like... he chose the top row (or something), so can he use altered forme giratina as an "extra" pokemon, or does it count as the same pokemon as origin (and therefore unusable because it's in the square). I'd guess by your answer you mean it can't be used unless giratina was part of your original 3.
Oh. Well because Giratina-O and Giratina-N (or whatever) are one and the same, they can't be used as an add on. They must be part of your chosen 3 to be used.

And, here's mine.
~Todris052
Final Submission
Used only Darkrai, Giratina, and Mewtwo (the left column), which added up to be... Pretty lame, if you ask me. Not my best sprite.

A tribute to the Dark Lord and his beloved pet snake, Nagini
By the Flesh of Hydreigon
Blood of Darkrai
Bone of Tyranitar
Spirit of Mismagius
He shall awaken once more

Death Eaters, all rise for the awakening of
~Ice-cold Claws
Final Submission
Selected: Top Row + Mismagius

Not the final submission
It flies at night.
Once it catches your scent, it will hunt you down.
Never stopping to eat or sleep,
It only wants you....
And once it catches you.....
It will be the end of the road for you.....

Alright! So as I was choozing a trio of mons to use, I thought "Hey, a raven pokemon hasn't been done yet! That's original as long as I don't use murkrow! As I went along I continued adding parts on and now it's a dark/fire/flying type.

Pokemon used: hydregion for colours and wing tips, Skarmory as body, Tyranitar for spikes and tail, Darkrai for head plume, the orbs are spiritombs, and Chandelure for the tail flame.

~ToastTyrant13
The war for cybertron. The war for wizardry. Both were lost in vanquish. To the hideous Autobot scum, and the bottom-feeding Wizards of Hogwarts; unnaceptable. Voldemort retains a bodiless form, but has no means of revival. He does, however, maintain means of redemption. In another world, he can feel the presence of a bodiless tyrant. Another force of darkness; another body for him to use. A cybertronian by the name of Megatron remains a lifeless husk sent adrift towards the sun, after falling to the discgraceful Optimus Prime. Voldermort, in need of a vessel for revenge, reshaped it to match his needs since the body was nearly destroyed. A body of darkness; heartless, as to feel no pain. The arms of a warrior; strong like the earth itself. And finally, the legs of a titan; imbued with magical energy and iron strength. This new warrior; half of Magic, half Machine, cannot be defeated. He will destroy the Autobots. He will destroy Hogwarts. He shall conquer, and he shall win.

Not marking as Final Submission 'cause I'm not quite sure if it's finished.

@ICC: Absolutely and totaly epic. By far one of the best sprites i've seen lately. Also, congrats on the new avatar... Pretty cool.
@Master Win: Pretty cool, I must say, and with a little bit of extra work - espacially on the outlines - it can be a winner for sure!
@Tyrant: I... Can't really understand what that thing is. XD It's kinda cool anyway.

WOW these are good. amazing as a matter of fact. I say #1 WITHOUT THAT NOSE. I love that story TT, i like the background. :D Icecoldclaws, i think that maybe detatching nagini might look better, idk. But they are all still amazing. I thought i was ok, but now i am sad.

~Master Win
Final submission
Changed the flame to blue to fit the hydregion theme. Also got rid of the spiritomb orbs for cubone's skull and bone.
Pokemon used: Top row, hydregion, darkrai, tyranitar, Chandelure, cubone, Skarmory.

Ah, but it is my Ravenight who litters the ground with bones of many stalled out foes. It is a special and physical wall and has immunity to poison. It controls the wind and sneaks silently. So silently that you don't even hear it breathe. And THAT must be hard when its made up of metal. Steel/dark type my friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)