Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Hey guys!

I found about this project today, and I'm kinda entrusted into doing some sprites!
So as I see, all pokemon have been reserved, so if a pokemon gets free, or doesn't have an answer from the one who reserved it, I'll give it a go!

Thanks!

Hello.
The other day I submitted a sprite....yes, I know it sucked. I think my post was deleted, but whatever. I was just so excited that I just went ahead and started. I did go over the rules and such once, but I should have double checked, because I made the sprite much too large...which is the main reason of its crappyness..... I also didn't look very carefully to make sure the Pokemon I was doing wasn't already taken. I apologize for being so ignorant. I really do think I could do it with some hard work, and I would really love a second chance. I would like to do a Pokemon the next time one gets free (but TorterraX gets first dibs) Thank you.

Since the current sprite for it seems a little lacking and Clawitzer is giving me some proportion issues due to the lack of sources, I'd like to add Braixen to my reservations to give me something to chew on while I iron out this pistol shrimp's anatomy.

EDIT: Chesnaught: Wow, is Mewtwo Y really that small compared to Mewtwo X? That seems odd to me but w/e.

colored linework
here is my Dragalge sprite. Not sure when I will tackle the back sprite x_X have yet to find a good resource image.

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just finished my 3rd draft. Think all thats left for me is touch it up alittle more and make it alittle smoother but I think its just about good togo. What you guys think?

Oh and fire really isnt all that hard to animate. Just add some flame on one or two corners while shaving some off on other spots and whala

mega charizard x 3rd draft.gif

Last edited:
Hey, not a QC or anything, but it still looks awkward as it moves, I suggest adding a lot more frames to make it move smoother.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
gotcha. Hows this? Worked more on the wings and arms which did make a difference. Is the tail too awkward looking or is it fine? I can try making it look better if its not good enough. Also still gotta give some life to his mouth flames even tho they move more like a ribbon than fire if you watch the video again. Ill add that next time.

mega charizard x 3rd draft.gif

No, I am sorry, the sprite is great, the animation though..., see look at this sprite:

notice how smoothly it moves?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
yea I see. been trying but maxed out on the number of frames i could put on the gif site i used. Ill look for a site that lets me make bigger gifs tho. Making really smooth animations are a bit harder than I though haha

ito: the charizard X sprite hasn't been marked as animation ready, so sorry to say but you're wasting your time since it'll get altered or replaced down the road. You'll also need to use actual animation software like photoshop or flash, not a gif site.

Also, to everybody doing their first animations in this thread, if you're not comfortable with animation or if this is your first time this is not the place to practice.

Can someone make a better Tyrantrum backsprite?
This post isn't particularly helpful as it is. What's wrong with the current back? It can be hard to make something better if you don't know what's wrong in the first place.

I know it's completely irrelevant but are you okay with me doing Mega Gyarados?
It's not reserved atm, so you can if you wish. It may be difficult to do with the lack of reference however.

If people want to help out but everything's reserved, you can QC (Quality Control) and edit sprites to a higher quality, or attempt to make a better set of sprites than the current.

ito: the charizard X sprite hasn't been marked as animation ready, so sorry to say but you're wasting your time since it'll get altered or replaced down the road. You'll also need to use actual animation software like photoshop or flash, not a gif site.

Also, to everybody doing their first animations in this thread, if you're not comfortable with animation or if this is your first time this is not the place to practice.

This post isn't particularly helpful as it is. What's wrong with the current back? It can be hard to make something better if you don't know what's wrong in the first place.

It's not reserved atm, so you can if you wish. It may be difficult to do with the lack of reference however.

If people want to help out but everything's reserved, you can QC (Quality Control) and edit sprites to a higher quality, or attempt to make a better set of sprites than the current.
Okay, I'll start it today. I think the in-game picture is enough to go with for the front sprite but I'll probably hold off for a few days before doing the back sprite if that's okay.

Good to hear.

Not sure if Noscium is okay with this but he did let us use his sprites freely, so...

Edits:

RedRoosters Barbaracle:
- main face edited (it was an eye like the hands, but from the leaked image(s) it didn't look like that, so I tried changing it accordingly; it's still not perfect since the image of him is so blurry...)
- belly part a little thinner
- few other fixes (left side of bottom stone plate part was too edgy)

Mega Aerodactyl:
- face changed a bit ("smile", teeth now white, mouth a little changed, spikes...)
- body (legs thinner, body a little thinner, neck more visible, wings' spikes changed a little)

Mega Garchomp:
- left "claw" was a little small

Hey, I am kind of a "lesser" spriter, so could I have some recoloring jobs with stuff like Sylveon we already know and some more we will know in 4 Days? SO FREAKING HYPED.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
Aw really? But I have been working on if for a couple days now and its getting smoother and smoother. :( And I am using photoshop. Just my first time making animated sprites on photoshop (only made pictures on it till now) so I dont know all the ropes on it but I did figure it out somewhat. (Btw, I did animate before but Im just rusty.) Just not the saving it as a gif yet so I used a site. Also, if it wasnt sprite ready, why wasnt I told earlier? Im sure you noticed me working on it earlier on. Sorry had to vent a little since its kinda frustrating working hard on something for nothing but do I really have to stop then? :(

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Watch your stuff Luigi I'm not using either of those Noscium sprites, and as well I'm not sure you're Barbacle eye edit helps with visibility.

ito I know it's frustrating, we've never done a project like this before and we're all learning how to make this well. But if a sprite isn't ready it isn't ready. You also chose a very hard thing to animate with wings and fire. Remember the feedback I gave earlier.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
I know I can animate it well if I add a few more frames and adjust the current ones, however should I just give up on animating it? so disappointing...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We may end up doing some minor changes to charizard x so if it's minor your work won't be put to waste.

Anyways I realized Mewtwo Y was way too big, it's supposed to be the size of Heracross so I systematically shrunk the sprite

Mewtwo, Y current, Y modified, X, Heracross

I'm only counting head to foot and not the tail. The most important thing I feel is that Mewtwo Y does looks smaller than regular version, which I feel this sprite does now.

So Wyv if you like it too we can add this one to the animation ready stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)