Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone who wants to do Doublade might as well use Honedge as the base sprite, which of course will give Quany co-credit. They are the same size so I see no reason not to.

Though knowing Quanyails she will want to sprite this anyways so I'm giving her the reserve on this since she took the first form.

Anyone who wants to do Doublade might as well use Honedge as the base sprite, which of course will give Quany co-credit. They are the same size so I see no reason not to.

Though knowing Quanyails she will want to sprite this anyways so I'm giving her the reserve on this since she took the first form.
I'd love to give it a go after quanyails.

Of course I can see why you wouldn't want me to.

Heh, it appears I may not be welcome around here anymore, given the fact that all the mons I reserved no longer have my name next to them, but anyway, now that I have a rough draft of a female Meowstic, it should be easy to make the male version, so I'll whip one up pretty soon.

Also:

Early draft of a Furfrou, please give me feedback.
Looks pretty good for a first draft, maybe change the ears/front left leg though, they look a little weird to me.

Heh, it appears I may not be welcome around here anymore, given the fact that all the mons I reserved no longer have my name next to them, but anyway, now that I have a rough draft of a female Meowstic, it should be easy to make the male version, so I'll whip one up pretty soon.

Also:

Looks pretty good for a first draft, maybe change the ears/front left leg though, they look a little weird to me.

More like this?

QC for Layell's Mega Mewtwo Y.

Neseril. If you've never done sprites before, you should not be here. This isn't a personal improvement thread. You should open up your own art thread instead.

And people in general. Don't move onto a new sprite till you do the back. Please.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Neseril. If you've never done sprites before, you should not be here. This isn't a personal improvement thread. You should open up your own art thread instead.
To be fair Neseril's sprite is really very good, especially for a second draft. Every little helps and later on it will lighten up the load on you!

QC for Layell's Mega Mewtwo Y.

And people in general. Don't move onto a new sprite till you do the back. Please.
Nice qc.

And in regards to not moving on, I'm not, I'm still finishing up Tyrunt.

Anyone can continue off from my Furfrou, I've kinda gave up on it now, gonna do some practice sprinting however and I might be back towards the end of this.

Well, it's been a while, but I got an updated tyrunt sprite

Oh, by the way, I am having java issues, don't remember if I already said so here, so I am still working on sprites, but im unable to post updates.

Alright well, I finally decided to make an effort to contribute to this... but of course I fucked up and ended up working on a backsprite for something that wasn't listed as the primary frontsprite and already had a backsprite. Nonetheless, I'm going to post it here since I'm pretty happy with it overall. It's a backsprite for Quanyails' Tyrantrum with some colour editing to make it a bit darker to better match the Sugimori art. I realise the crown/head spikes have a few issues but I've had some trouble getting them to work. I realise it may not be used, but let me know if there's anything about this you want me to work on.

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Animation finished. Gonna reserve Mega Lucario, then maybe Mega Ampharos.

Also, I believe that animated sprites can probably be recoloured to the shiny palette easily by repeatedly adding and removing transparency with an online editor in order to replace the colours one at a time, if anyone wants to try that. (EDIT: I've only used MS Paint so far, so it's good to know GIMP and possibly others have an easy recolor function).

EDIT AGAIN: Fixed the neck. It no longer sticks an extra pixel during some frames.

Last edited:
Also, I believe that animated sprites can probably be recoloured to the shiny palette easily by repeatedly adding and removing transparency with an online editor in order to replace the colours one at a time, if anyone wants to try that.
I use GIMP as a graphics program, and it allows to view the palette of an indexed image and replace the colours directly on it (I'm assuming Photoshop has a similar feature, don't know about other editors).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some slight improvements, maybe I'll finally do it right???

and another pull from Noscium

A much smaller and game coloured version of his blastoise here

So this is like 45 static front and backs now this is good I like this progress.

Some slight improvements, maybe I'll finally do it right???

It looks good, but there are two things that bug me with this sprite:
1. the tail looks completely flat.
2. Look at his eye, It's like he has some giant alien eye or something O.o

outside that I like the sprite

Layell, I'd like to offer a formal apology for not getting much spriting done. Also, I'm not sure if it means much now, but I'm currently working on an Amaura sprite/remaking a Meowstic sprite. I will edit it in when I finish.

Edit: As promised, I have finished a first draft of Amaura. I still need to do some work on it, but any comments would be appreciated. Also, I most likely have gone over the 15 color limit, I hope that this is okay because of the gradients used in Amaura's crests, but I can change it if I have to. Also, I will be working on a back sprite soon.

I also have a size comparison with an existing sprite of the same height.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
It's a volunteer project so it's all cool

Anyways I went with Noscium's Amaura here

and now we have a lovely back as well

EDIT:

Last edited:

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, awesome work so far.
I'm not a spriter but I can try to help with poses and backsprite perspective!

Here's a backsprite pose for Noscium's Furfrou ( http://noscium.deviantart.com/art/Furfrou-Sprite-399965589 ) that somebody can sprite over

And here's a backsprite pose for Malamar based on Bynine's front sprite.

edit: fixed details on Malamar's back pose

and a Skiddo pose from scratch, Wyverii is working on spriting it

Last edited:
I thought I'd drop an updated version of my Amaura sprite here:

Changes are small, mostly adding shading and cutting down on a few colors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)