Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

canno

formerly The Reptile
Tried fixing Noivern backsprite (arms are weird); ended up making a new sprite :x

I'll keep working on the old back sprite but tbh I like this one better. Its up to you guys though.

edit: tweek'd

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Late night spriting! So I got smart and did the back BEFORE shading. This is much easier. :]

I'll fine tune both when its not late here. Good night!

im productive for once

Front sprite done (or almost.)

Still a bit rough around the edges, I guess, but I majorly slimmed down the colors, and I think the outline adds a level of class to it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
whoever was the one who said they'd draw Mewtwo X (it's early right now) poses this might work

I might just go ahead and do that as the front.

Hey, I'm not trying to be rude/annoying/etc, but is there any chance that the Amaura sprite I made would be used over Noscium's, as no offense to him/her, but said sprite looks a little disproportionate, specifically the head/crests, and that was kind of the reason that I started working on an Amaura sprite of my own, so if someone could let me know before I start finishing the front/making a back sprite, I'd appreciate it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No.

Here is why

Now I see where you get this head crest thing, but here is the thing. Noscium's sprite is nice and clean and I can edit those lashes in five minutes. If I were to edit yours, if I were to recolour what you've done it'd be a nightmare. Which is why I took the time to make a backsprite for Noscium. Those who have good work in this project know I've been in contact with them, outside of this thread.

In addition to this I know this project has been sighted on other poke communities. Not even some of my sprites have stood against their criticisms (which has since been fixed). Once this project goes live and I have sub-par sprites there will be sprites openly mocked (this will always be the case but we can prevent a lot of it by keeping a level of quality). Heck bad sprite mocking is huge on some other sites that I know of. I'm not willing to babysit sprites every step of the way.

By the way solidgold your Tyrunt follows some of these same problems, I won't need to keep seeing your next 20 WIP's because I have about 4 other finished Tyrunt sprites I'm more than ready to use.

Uh well... sorry about not getting back to you in time on IRC Layell, but I was just going to show this:
It has some basic shading done (though I'm using a different colour scheme than Quanyails' Froakie), was just hoping to get some feedback and/or help with colouring the lineart, since if I had my way with this I'd probably do a fully black or blue-black outline, haha. Pose is more or less taken from one of the screenshots on the main site.

Edit: Ugh I'm just realising the sprite might be a tad big because of the pose, I was basing it on Marshtomp (approx the same size)... but Frogadier is kneeling. /flop
Edit 2: Dealing with size issues by messing around with that big ol' noggin.

Last edited:
By the way solidgold your Tyrunt follows some of these same problems, I won't need to keep seeing your next 20 WIP's because I have about 4 other finished Tyrunt sprites I'm more than ready to use.
If you would kindly tell me which of those problems they are I would be more then willing to fix them all.

No.

Here is why

Now I see where you get this head crest thing, but here is the thing. Noscium's sprite is nice and clean and I can edit those lashes in five minutes. If I were to edit yours, if I were to recolour what you've done it'd be a nightmare. Which is why I took the time to make a backsprite for Noscium. Those who have good work in this project know I've been in contact with them, outside of this thread.

In addition to this I know this project has been sighted on other poke communities. Not even some of my sprites have stood against their criticisms (which has since been fixed). Once this project goes live and I have sub-par sprites there will be sprites openly mocked (this will always be the case but we can prevent a lot of it by keeping a level of quality). Heck bad sprite mocking is huge on some other sites that I know of. I'm not willing to babysit sprites every step of the way.

Okay, thanks for the answer. I can understand the problems you said, and I didn't even catch the blue thing until you pointed it out. I'll just try and work on making a sprite of something else instead of just working on this one, and hopefully it will be better than this. As I said, the only reason I was working on this was because of a few flaws in Noscium's sprite, but if those can be fixed than I have no qualms with it.

Ok, I've done some. The Mega evo's are baised of the original sprite.
Yeah the Ampharos maybe a bit of a joke but it's there if you need it.

Great job everyone, your sprites look great!

Hey guys. This seems like fun! But I don't really have any major spriting experience... but I still want to help! So I figure I could try my hand at one of the less important things; in this case creating the sprite for Honedge while still sheathed? Would it be okay if I tried editing the sprite you already created to do so Legitimate Username? I don't want to use your work without permission but at the same I think it should be as similar as possible for obvious reasons. Either way honestly I'm not that good so if your already working on it yourself dont stop for me im not trying to reserve anything here, but ill go ahead and try in the meantime that way when the rest of the Pokemon are spoiled I may be able to help more on an easier Pokemon in the future lol.

Ok, I've done some. The Mega evo's are baised of the original sprite.
Yeah the Ampharos maybe a bit of a joke but it's there if you need it.

Great job everyone, your sprites look great!
Nice,but why does the Mega Amphorus have a guitar?
EDIT:Oops.Forgot to read the joke part.

I stopped spriting once I found the online competitive community for Pokemon, but I might as well come back to help with this project!

I used to do a lot of spriting, but once all the Pokemon are released I will definitely put some effort into sprites!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)