Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna reserve Mega Aerodactyl when it's officially revealed.

I should probably work more on Kalos Pokémon and less on Mega formes, but they're just a lot easier to make given that there's already animation references in the original sprite. When we get more in-game footage after the release, the Kalos mons will be easier.

EDIT: It's revealed, but I'm going to wait for a clearer picture before starting.

Last edited:

there we go. I didn't do his feet sinc eevery try turned out to be one big horror of clustered pixels :/
I'm going to work on the backsprite asap

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

there we go. I didn't do his feet sinc eevery try turned out to be one big horror of clustered pixels :/
Look at other bird sprites, Pidgeotto and Swellow may be helpful for you to figure this all out.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
elcheeso we still tag teaming this?

I used your colurs but noscium sprite and I think it looks good.

another Noscium work, that I shrunk down cause this dumb thing I swore would be fake is only 2 feet tall.

I'll probably wait for more images of this dumb bird at the back or someone could draw it up for me too.

Last edited:
Alright, Layell, I would very much like to apologize. I originally thought I could help out here, but it appears all I am doing is hindering. If you want me to stop spriting, let me know and I will, but in that case could I just do work on recolors or shinies?

Oh yeah I completely forgot about working on that Frogadier sprite despite already having done some work on it, haha. I'll get to work on the backsprite soon!

Hello,

I have attempted a Skrelp for you all (interestingly, I was typing as Layell was, but I have changed it ever so slightly), but most importantly a terrible backsprite included!

It is slightly bigger than Horsea, as it's supposed to be.

The backsprite needs help (silly headflaps) but I'm just not arts-y enough to figure it out.
This is further than I got with Spritzee, so there's a moral victory there somewhere.

I hope you sort of like it.

edit: sorted an issue

How's this for it? I have to edit the flaps atop it's head, but it's a first draft and sprite.

I drew it the same size as Scizor's sprite, because they seem the same heightwise, but it seems slightly small compared to Skrelp up above

I probably should make the outline more black also, it's looking a little vague atm

Last edited:
Hi! I know there already are sprites for Tyrantrum, but I'm still making an animating sprite of it :

It's still an early WIP, and since I don't plan on doing a back sprite of it, I'm not sure that's really interesting for this project.

Hi! I know there already are sprites for Tyrantrum, but I'm still making an animating sprite of it :

It's still an early WIP, and since I don't plan on doing a back sprite of it, I'm not sure that's really interesting for this project.
Very cool man, but what's with the black patch near the base of the tail?

Also, anyone mind if I make a hideous attempt at mega dactyl before e professionals take over?

I like the tail wagging. :) Very nice. Now just animate the head and were perfect. ;D

So, I finished the first draft of Peroiimu or whatever its called, let me know what you think; I probably still have a lot to work on, though.
I might try to touch this up for you can i?

I couldn't help but to do this :D
upload_2013-10-3_18-19-23.png

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Never mind Mega Aerodactyl, it seems Mega Meloetta may be confirmed. If it's revealed anytime soon (as I'm still waiting for a better reference on Aero), I'm cancelling the former reservation in favour of the latter. At the rate things are being leaked right now, that seems pretty plausible.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Can I reserve Goomy? He's adorable :3

EDIT: I cant into reading. I'll take Mega Gengar if thats ok

What I've had so far, in anticipation for something like this:

Edit: Pancham line.

Edit: Scatterbug and Spewpa.

Edit: Honedge, Spritzee, and Swirlix.

Edit: Litleo, Flabebe, Clauncher, and Skrelp.

Edit: Oorotto*0.9.

Edit: Starters*0.8

Misc (maybe outdated):

(Quality may vary, though I can touch up some of them.)

Not including the Sylveon, Mewtwo, Xerneas, and Yveltal sprites, which I made no attempt to preserve in-game style.

Doing what Wyverii's suggesting, mostly. Exception is Clauncher's sprite, which I tried to keep similar in pose even if the shell layers imply foreshortening.
Front Swirlix Animation, Not yet a Back Animation, though that should be a bit simple. Hope you guys Enjoy! http://sta.sh/03y27lg5a0o
Edit: Here's the back Sprite! :D http://sta.sh/0177t4jp0uf3

Last edited:
Could people that are making sprites please do the backs as well. This goes double for animations. Emulating someone else's style and technique is not particularly fun, or quick.

from #xysprites, the following colloquy log:

[7:54pm] Legitimate_Username: Anyways reptile, I use Pivot Animator to animate sprites.
[7:54pm] Legitimate_Username: There's a good tutorial on YouTube I can find.
[7:54pm] Wyverii: I use graphicsgale.
[7:55pm] Wyverii: You could also use photoshop, or anything you know how to animate in.
[10:24 pm] Quanyails: Other than GraphicsGale, I hear Adobe Flash is a useful, if a bit expensive.

Further technical questions regarding this sort of thing should probably be investigated elsewhere. Unfortunately, this is not a tutorial thread.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)