XY Experiences

Modest Xerneas with 31/31/19/31/30/31

I'll take it. Took about 10 minutes to SR.

Heal Ball. Beauty.

-------

After having 24 hours after 2 gyms. I decided to speed run to get to the fun stuff of breeding etc. The important things. Story mode is fun and all..but c'mon now.

Gym 8 time.

----
Team Flare were pretty lame. But it was nice that they had relatively solid Pokemon to battle with.

Finally beat the game. Final team was:
Aerodactyl lvl 58 (Mega)
Gengar lvl 59 (Mega)
Delphox lvl 59
Azumarill lvl 60
Heliolisk lvl 58
Pangoro lvl 58

Azumarill and Aerodactyl were definitely the MVPs here, with Delphox and Heliolisk doing respectably and Pangoro fading towards the end (a 4x Fairy weakness is no joke, especially with stuff like Espeon and Alakazam getting Dazzling Gleam.) Gengar came to the party rather late, so any assessment of his relative prowess is probably unfair. He was replacing Venusaur, who I didn't care for much.

I turned the EXP Share off somewhere around the third gym, so by the time I got to the Elite 4 I was below their levels. They still weren't very difficult. Also, for some reason dragons kept attacking Azumarill with fire attacks.

...oh, dear. my pokemon are all around level 75 and i only have seven gym badges. whoops.
BUT HAVE YOU SEEN YVELTAL IN THE POKEMON AMIE
IT'S SO CUTE WHEN YOU PET IT AND IT OPENS ITS MOUTH A LITTLE BIT AND AHHHHH
don't pet its horns though
or touch them unexpectedly
because it will roar at you and scare the shit out of you
or maybe i'm just really jumpy
but dayum yveltal calm your titties

also, don't throw away its food
because it will also roar at you

he really likes his food tho
i can just imagine it:
"SHIRUBA. GRILL ME A CHEESE."

Last edited:
Beat my second playthrough for Y. I didn't quite dominate the E4 like last time, but it wasn't too hard. The steel guy gave me more trouble than anticipated because I forgot how badass Aegislash is because Charizard ran roughshod through him last time. My team was:

Night Knight the Chesnaught @ lvl 62 Bulk Up/Spiky Shield/Hammer Arm/Seed Bomb
Bleau the Azumarill @ lvl 63 Strength/Power Up Punch/Play Rough/Waterfall
Shana the Pyroar @ lvl 61 Dark Pulse/Flamethrower/Hyper Beam/Work Up
p!nbs the Malamar @ lvl 62 Night Slash/Psycho Cut/Superpower/Cut
Dragalge @ lvl 60 Sludge Bomb/Dragon Pulse/Thunder Bolt/Surf
Pierce the Bisharp @ lvl 63 Swords Dance/Iron Head/Power Up Punch/Payback

In case you're wondering what the hell p!nbs means, it's squid turned upside down and backwards or...topsy-turvy. *badoom tsh*

Overall I wasn't very pleased with this team. Chesnaught and Azumarill were awesome and Pyroar was pretty good, but Malamar was disappointing once I got into late game and Dragalge wasn't worth having to put up with Skrelp's pathetic ass. They weren't necessarily bad, but they couldn't bring the wood like my other three and they felt like pansies compared to my X team. My sixth slot was a rotation between Vivillion and Aerodactyl for a while, but I ended up being fed up with both. Aero couldn't hit nearly as hard as I wanted him to even when he went Mega; he couldn't get a OHKO with Fly against any Pokemon that had even a little bit of bulk. I then switched back to Vivillion, who I had grown attached to since he was my first capture, because he was doing pretty good for the first third of the game, and I learned he wasn't too far off from learning Quiver Dance. But again, late game he couldn't cut it. As hard as Vivillion hits, it has the defenses of a paper towel and just couldn't stay on the field.

As I'm running around Anister City buying ALL THE CLOTHES I remembered there's a girl in Snowbelle that wants to give me a Bisharp (a trade I didn't make in X). I hesitated at first because a Bisharp would only add to my glaring ground vulnerability, but I just said fuck it. I didn't want Aero and I didn't want Vivi and I didn't know what I did want, so I decided to try it out. I've never used a Bisharp before despite wanting to (they were always late game), but I know they have a neat typing, look awesome, and hit like a mack truck. As it turns out, Pierce the Bisharp was my team MVP. Hit like a mack truck indeed. I honestly feel like I could've swept the entire E4 with just him and Azumarill. Once I learned how to use him, I felt unstoppable.

But yeah, outside of Chesnaught, Azumarill and Bisharp, nothing felt good. On paper it has a decent synergy, but in practice it felt wonky, mostly because of Malamar and Dragalge. I kept them because of freaking Cut and Surf, which really aren't great reasons to keep poor team members. But until Gamefreak gets it through their heads that HMs are stupid and make the game less fun, they'll continue to be the bane of my existence. I think on a simulator with perfect IVs, ideal natures, access to every learnable move, and more in-depth team building strategies they'd be better, but in-game, for me, they don't work.

So now that I've done a play through on both games it's time to start some post game stuff until Pokebank comes out. Once that's out I plan on transferring all of my good X Pokemon there so I can do a third run with Fennekin. I do wish I had access to all of my Pokemon on Black 2 so I could use them for the Battle Mansion, but whatever. I think I can string together a good enough team or breed some new ones with the new ultra easy breeding methods.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to thank you to the both of you. Because of these two posts I was able to get a half decent Yveltal without having to redo the beginning cutscene a hundred times. I got a 31/21/31/23/19/31 Hasty one. It's not perfect, but after more than two hours of getting nothing but defensive orientated or neutral natures, I'll take it. Dark Aura boosts the power of Dark Pulse anyways.

EDIT: And I caught it in a Premier Ball, which is cool.
I reset for literally three days, and only yesterday I got a good Yveltal. Mine's 31/lol/24-25/31/20-21/31, Modest. Had I gotten this by Friday/Saturday I'd probably have kept going, but fuck this, I wanted to enjoy the game and I was already battling it mechanically without enjoying it a measly bit.

Now I just hope Yveltal starts as OU because it's going to be really boring until December without using it outside of Random Matches.

Modest Xerneas with 31/31/19/31/30/31

I'll take it. Took about 10 minutes to SR.

Heal Ball. Beauty.
Oh dear lord what the fucking fuck.

No shorts, khakis, cargo pants, normal jeans, or even dress pants.
What ?__? I have a couple cargo pants since early game, unless I'm mistaking their names. I think there're also a couple normal jeans, but I'm not sure now.

And real man wear pink.

I wasn't too impressed with the E4. They just didn't seem to have too much personality behind them, especially the girls. They just seemed to be "I'm a dragon trainer nice person" and "I'm a no-personality trainer that battles with fire-types". At least the other two seemed to have some kind of purpose. I'd been wondering who the champion was the whole game, as I knew it'd have to be somebody I'd met, but I couldn't figure it out. Then, when the fire girl said "I'm a big holo-caster star", it finally clicked and I remembered the one trainer that had been recurring. She also spoiled it by saying "SHE'LL be waiting for you" when talking about the champion. I was so upset that I only figured it out in the last 5 minutes rather than being completely surprised due to the girls stupid spoilers! Ugh!

I thought the end scene parodied star wars in so many ways, but the AZ fight was the saddest thing in pokemon so far.

Did anybody else think professor sycamore was a bit of a jerk for saying to diantha "we better get lumiose ready for the new champion!". Really. sycamore? Basically tell your friend (the champion) she's going to get demolished by this kid?
Malva has more about her than you'd think. Regardless, I always thought the E4 members of every gen were a bit lacking... except for Drake. Fuck yeah, Drake.

Last edited:
Also, some things I forgot to mention in my first post:

I really love the concept of Pokemon-Amie. I think it really works to help you bond with your Pokemon, especially with the in-battle text changes.

Finally, my team right now (I defeated the champion a little while ago, so my Pokemon's levels are probably 2-3 higher than they were):

Delphox Lv. 68, Flamethrower/Psychic/Psyshock/Grass Knot
Charizard X Lv. 68, Flamethrower/Flare Blitz/Dragon Claw/Fly (Don't judge me)
Florges Lv. 67, Wish/Dazzling Gleam/Psychic/Magical Leaf (Petal Storm was physical so I passed on it, since Florges's SpA is roughly twice its Atk)
Tyrantrum Lv. 67, Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Rock Smash/Head Smash
Xerneas, Lv. 59, Moonblast/Geomancy/Megahorn/Night Slash
High Plains Vivillon, Lv. 70, Bug Buzz/Quiver Dance/Hurricane/Psychic

Tyrantrum without a bite/crunch? =(

Anyway, I just finished the game. Received it a bit later due to Amazon, and I must say I had a great deal of fun. I especially enjoyed the improvements to ending monotony causing features, and making the meta game more accessible.

What ?__? I have a couple cargo pants since early game, unless I'm mistaking their names. I think there're also a couple normal jeans, but I'm not sure now.

And real man wear pink.
They have "cargo pants" in the game, but they're more like capris since they stop at above your ankles. When I think cargo pants, I think these. I just double checked my wardrobe on X, and you get skinny jeans, damaged jeans, cuffed jeans, camo pants, and chinos, which are just high-priced skinny jeans that come in colors that don't make me want to vomit. There aren't normal, loose fitting jeans.

I've literally been changing my girl's clothes at the drop of a dime to fit the mood. For example, during the last part of the game I wore warm clothes when traveling to Snowbelle. Once I got there I bought a jacket/dress combo. Then I changed to clothes fit for spelunking when I traveled through Victory road and I changed clothes again to something much more stylish when I took on the Elite Four. I was actually bothered by what I was wearing in X when I saw they threw a parade for me; I looked like a box of nerds wearing the aqua hoodie and orange knit hat. This time I made sure to look gooooood. Right now I'm wearing a casual while doing post game stuff, trying to unlock Lumiose since doing what I did in X isn't working this time. I'll probably change it the next time I start it up just because I can.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
They have "cargo pants" in the game, but they're more like capris since they stop at above your ankles. When I think cargo pants, I think these. I just double checked my wardrobe on X, and you get skinny jeans, damaged jeans, cuffed jeans, camo pants, and chinos, which are just high-priced skinny jeans that come in colors that don't make me want to vomit. There aren't normal, loose fitting jeans.

I've literally been changing my girl's clothes at the drop of a dime to fit the mood. For example, during the last part of the game I wore warm clothes when traveling to Snowbelle. Once I got there I bought a jacket/dress combo. Then I changed to clothes fit for spelunking when I traveled through Victory road and I changed clothes again to something much more stylish when I took on the Elite Four. I was actually bothered by what I was wearing in X when I saw they threw a parade for me; I looked like a box of nerds wearing the aqua hoodie and orange knit hat. This time I made sure to look gooooood. Right now I'm wearing a casual while doing post game stuff, trying to unlock Lumiose since doing what I did in X isn't working this time. I'll probably change it the next time I start it up just because I can.
Jeez, I guess I'll have a lot of fun in my digital X once I buy it, then. But have you at least tried going to the boutiques every day so see if there were anything decent for the boy?

And is there ANY option to remove the hat? I'm wearing a variety of Outdoor Caps but I never wore them IRL after I was 5, so I'm feeling really childish with them. I know there's a top hat somewhere but that seems even sillier.

and I seriously don't want to even consider wearing a fedora

Last night, while studying for a calculus exam, I soft reset for my first non-RNG competitively viable legend. It only took 10 soft resets and a couple minutes to breed a Modest Synch Ralts. The end product is: modest Yveltal 31/31/24/31/31/31. I could not be more pleased with the ease with which you can obtain stellar Pokemon in this game! Now, to fill out my friends list so I can find something other than Volbeat, Shuppet, and Butterfree... lol

Tyrantrum without a bite/crunch? =(
Don't worry; after the E4 I caught an official HM slave in Quagsire and replaced rock smash with crunch. (BTW, how big is the boost that Strong Jaw gives?)

Also, I wanted to look like a spy for something post-game that I will not spoil. I got a fedora (screw you guys the fedora is awesome), but then was shocked to find that there are no trench coats. I really hope Game Freak adds some more clothing. (For free, preferably.)

As I'm running around Anister City buying ALL THE CLOTHES I remembered there's a girl in Snowbelle that wants to give me a Bisharp (a trade I didn't make in X).
You know, as I was looking for something to trade Shauna for her starter, I was wondering, "now why the hell did I catch two Jigglypuffs?" Now I remember.

I've been playing around in the Safari Zone. I need more friends -_-. I have 15 right now, but fully a third of them are Fire-type, and King is one of only three that have completed the E4 and unlocked the third mon. Also, I can't seem to find anything with a hidden ability, despite being able to clearly see that the person is online. (Not that it matters much, the choices are Larvesta and Ponyta. Bleh.)

EDIT: I think a lot of the clothing limitations are based on models. The reason all the guys' pants are tight-fitting is probably because of the way the legs move while running or roller skating. I imagine they'd need to modify the animation for baggier pants (or something like a trench coat, which comes down over the legs.)

Last edited:
Wow, I love playing this game without EXP Share. I loved grinding in the previous games, but the problem was that I only needed to grind once or twice throughout the adventure, because I would be completely overpowered. However, it turned out that I needed to grind after every Gym! I clocked in at 50 hours before the E4, and hopefully I can get more valuable play time while grinding my party to the 70's!

Don't worry; after the E4 I caught an official HM slave in Quagsire and replaced rock smash with crunch. (BTW, how big is the boost that Strong Jaw gives?)

Also, I wanted to look like a spy for something post-game that I will not spoil. I got a fedora (screw you guys the fedora is awesome), but then was shocked to find that there are no trench coats. I really hope Game Freak adds some more clothing. (For free, preferably.)
2 X he destroys everything with biting. I'm not sure if it multiplies his chance to cause flinch though. He's actually hitting with a much higher attack if he has it. That's why I cringed at seeing you not have it.

The first Togepi I caught in Friend Safari was Calm, 26/24/31/31/31/31. I have named it "Fear Itself", and it absolutely destroys everything. I was not expecting Togekiss to be this godly, but its new typing is phenomenal.

Not a fan of them allowing you to pick the order in which you battle the E4. Never liked that.

They made this too easy this gen. Everything was basically handed to you and they held your hand and made everything lose-proof. Unfortunate.

I bred an Absol with a Ditto (31 Atk. IVs with a Power Bracer, as it was the only perfect IV I had, aside from Sp. Atk, which wouldn't suit Absol at all). Only one egg. It got an Adamant nature (the first Absol was Hasty) and TWO more perfect IVs (HP & Defense), in addition to its perfect attack. That was so much luck - game instantly worth it.

I know, not terribly related to X&Y, but its already a favourite game moment of mine.

This must be my lucky day. I chain fished a shiny Horsea (it took a streak of 126 but whatever) in about half an hour, then when I was surfing to another chain fishing spot I found a shiny Wailmer. Gonna keep on chain fishing, hopefully I can get another before the day is done.

Jolly Mewtwo with 31/31/16/0/29/31 IVs. For a Mega X it can't get much better. Also; it was my first capture attempt (I synchronized) and I got it in ONE Dusk Ball.

Having said that, is it possible that they changed its catch rate? My brother caught it in one ball too. Could be a coincidence... But damn.

I just EV trained it, now I just need a moveset.

Well I completed the game earlier in the week and now I'm collecting safari PKMN to breed later. I have to say that this is the best Pokémon game up to date; with 490+ Pokémon in the game and 3D graphics who could say otherwise? The story though was crap... the champion was meh but otherwise it was very cool.
I'll probably restart though as soon as I can transfer my Pokémon to Pokebank.

I'm still completing the game, but I can assure you that I had to stop for a while to avoid crying after AZ's story. I've lost my Raichu back in Silver, because a friend of mine taught me wrong in how to do cloning, and I was stupid enough to try it out with my favorite Pokémon, she was evolved from my Pokémon Yellow's Pikachu, so we had a lot of story together, and I cried like a baby, so his story was really touching to me, because I really wanted to destroy my ex-friend's life.

Hey everyone. I’m Go Go Gogoat, a newbie here on Smogon. I just beat the Elite 4 for the second time in Pokémon X, and I thought I’d gush about my Hall of Famers. Because there are so many Pokémon in Kalos, I actually had two teams that I switched between periodically.

My first team was comprised solely of new Pokémon from this generation and was the team that helped me beat most of the gyms, Team Flare, and was the first inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Merlin the Delphox @ Level 71 Flamethrower/Psyshock/Mystical Fire/Psychic

Excalibur the Aegislash @ Level 63 Shadow Claw/King’s Shield/Iron Head/Sacred Sword

Arthur the Tyrantrum @ Level 63 Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge

Nacho the Hawlucha @ Level 63 Fly/High Jump Kick/Flying Press/Low Sweep

Harley the Gogoat @ Level 62 Milk Drink/Horn Leech/Leaf Blade/Rock Smash

Desert Eagle the Clawitzer @ Level 56 Surf/Waterfall/Water Pulse/Dragon Pulse

Merlin, named after the fabled wizard of Camelot, was always my MVP. While he didn’t get a chance to take out most of the Elite Four, he did get to demolish Wikstrom and a couple of Diantha’s Pokémon. Merlin helped demolish ¾ of the gyms in Kalos and has proven to a valuable addition to my team at every turn. Excalibur, the legendary blade of Camelot, was just as valuable an addition as Merlin was. He helped clear the couple of gyms Merlin struggled in, and successfully bested two more of Diantha’s Pokémon, including OHKOing her Mega Gardevoir. Arthur rounded out my “Camelot Trio” by besting a couple of gyms, Team Flare, Diantha’s own Tyrantrum, and the biggest sticking point of the Elite Four, Siebold’s Gyarados. Nacho, named after the Jack Black movie Nacho Libre, only took out one or two Pokémon in the Elite Four, but he more than proved his worth in battles with Team Flare and a couple of Gym Leaders. Harley, named after Harley Davidson, was instrumental in taking out the rest of Siebold’s Pokémon and served as an excellent meat shield for the rest. And Desert Eagle, named after the gun, demolished most of Malva and Drasna’s Pokémon as well as Diantha’s Goodra.

My second team was comprised of older Pokémon and had the Mega Pokémon I used in-game. I used this team to clear Routes between gyms, tackle Victory Road, and complete the Looker Investigation Bureau events. They were the second team inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Bahamut the (Mega) Charizard (X) @ Level 81 Flamethrower/Fly/Flare Blitz/Dragon Claw

Red Five the (Mega) Lucario @ Level 73 Close Combat/Aura Sphere/Rock Smash/Extreme Speed

Voltron the Magnezone @ Level 72 Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon/Gyro Ball/Electro Ball

Nereid the Lapras @ Level 67 Water Pulse/Waterfall/Ice Beam/Surf

Candygram the (Mega) Garchomp @ Level 67 Crunch/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/False Swipe

Gabriel the Gardevoir @ Level 65 Magical Leaf/Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Calm Mind

Bahamut, named after the king of dragons from the Final Fantasy series, is an absolute force of nature in Mega forme and swept Wikstrom’s team like a hurricane, along with Drasna’s Dragalge and Diantha’s Gourgeist. Red Five, named for Luke Skywalker’s call sign in the first Death Star battle, was an equally valuable team member, dealing with most threats during the Looker events, Wikstrom’s Probopass, and Diantha’s Aurorus. Voltron, named for the titular giant robot from the classic TV show, was my biggest MVP, dealing with nearly anything Red Five or Bahamut couldn’t during the Looker events, turning Siebold into an utter farce, and besting Diantha’s Mega Gardevoir. Nereid, named after the Grecian water spirits, swept the rest of the Elite Four, namely Malva and Drasna, along with Diantha’s Tyrantrum, like a tidal wave. Candygram, named after the Saturday Night Live Landshark sketch, is a total monster that sadly didn’t get to do a whole lot against the Elite Four, only beating Malva’s Chandelure and Wikstrom’s Aegislash. And Gabriel, named for the archangel, also sat out much of the Elite Four, only defeating Drasna’s Druddigon and Diantha’s Hawlucha and Goodra.

My favorite Pokémon of all time is Dragonair. Even though it is outclassed even in NU, I love the beauty and grace she has.

My brother's Friend Safari is Dragon Type (has Gabite and Sliggoo with Dragonair- great Safari), and I was looking for a Dragonair with Marvel Scale. So, imagine my surprise when instead of a blue one, I run into a Shiny Dragonair.

That was my reaction on a smaller scale.
It is my third legitimate Shiny (the prior two were within a week of each other on Pokémon Emerald eight years ago.) So, I have a legit Shiny of my fav Poke.
Other than that, I had an amazing experience with X and Y. I thought the story was good for a main series game, but AZ's sob story got smothered by Team Flare. I had an Azumarill, Max, who had somehow ended up 15+ levels higher than my team by the Elite Four.

Finished my second playthrough. I think I like my team a lot better this time.

Noivern lvl 86
Sylveon lvl 82
Gogoat lvl 82
Malamar lvl 82
Pyroar lvl 81
Meowstic lvl 81

As you can see I was WAY overleveled. I don't even know how, I guess catching everything I see and fighting every trainer boosted my levels. The exp. share is so overpowered lol. My star player was Malamar. Superpower is so good with Contrary.
Actually I had the same overleveled "problem" and I did the same things...fighting every trainer I encounter, explored all the routes, caves,etc, I beat the league with all my six Pokemon in Lvl 75 and above...like you say the Exp.Share helps a lot for this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)