Your Favorite Theme in Pokemon?

The new Necrozma form's theme (trying not to spoil anything) is holy awesomness
The setting on which it plays makes it that much more awesome, reminds me of those godly bosses of Final Fantasy, like Kefka and Safer-Sephiroth

I think it is now fair game to post U-SM musics. So.... I'll start with one by one post.

I went to find UB-Slash Kartana and.... his world's music is so traditional and serene. Those flute, koto, and traditional drum... I thought this could pass for a forest in Johto. This made me wish we could explore more of these Ultra worlds (although that's definitely too much for 3DS)....

And what in Arceus' name is the Ultra Jungle? Seriously... this is too... manly it's so hilarious.

I haven't heard the other Ultra world themes... didn't get to listen the U-Moon ones yet....

The music when you ride and collect rings is perfect for what you're doing (being vague here because spoilers)

USUM is really just a surfing game. This music is fairly self explanatory so I'll let the music do the talking here.

Ultra Desert, Ultra Plant and Ultra Ruin. Links to avoid cluttering the page. Ultra Desert is the perfect mix of creepy and relaxing. I like it. Ultra Plant is hard to describe, but it fits Xuriktree perfectly, and Ultra Ruins has one of the darkest tracks in the franchises when you take into account its a reversed Hau'oli city with static and other sound effects. Perfectly fitting for its location. While not an Ultra Beast location, the reverse of Ultra Space Wilds is pretty calming too.

Of course, the new battle music is very well done too, and while you can't mention new battle music without mentioning Ultra Necrozma, I find the fusion form battle to be better.
Better to let the music do the talking here.

There are others, but I've already linked a lot. USUM has a lot of problems but the one area they absolutely got right is the music. Lots of new tracks which (for me) take their place among some of the legends of PokeMusic.

WreckDra

crackling abuser
is a Contributor Alumnus
As of right now, my all-time favorite is probably Opelucid City from Pokemon White without the erhu (seriously, the electronic-sounding erhu kinda ruins it). The first time I entered the city, it felt like something different due to minor key it starts out with and the unusual but neat sounding instrumentation. It turns into something more traditionally seen in Pokemon games before setting itself up to repeat and I think the amounts of both kinda of sounds ended up being just right. The initial instrumentation and minor progression definitely fit the city filled with old buildings and legend telling residents. The theme fit the environment very well and was different enough to make me pay more attention to it than I normally would.

My other and older favorites are the rocket grunt battle and its remastered version from Crystal and Soul Silver respectively, wild encounter and its higher key variations in Leaf Green, the Violet City remix on the Sevii Islands that is also in Leaf Green, battling the three golems in Ruby, Cyrus's battle theme in Diamond and its half-remix in White, the Distortion World in Platinum, and Giratina's battle theme which is also in Platinum.

Clouds

Chasing Pavements
1 theme in Pokemon has been my favorite since the moment I first heard it. Personally, Sinnoh's my favorite region, and I loved everything Gen 4, but this theme actually comes from Unova. It was present in BW but removed in BW2 due to the location being excluded from the games:
Route 10's Theme. Everything about the theme suits the location and the point in the game at which you reach the location. It's a travel up to victory road, and portrays a 'journey to the top' feeling. I would often come to this route just to sit and listen to the theme. It has a beautiful melody as well as perfect use of various instruments, and it almost sounds like something out of TLOZ.

Pikachu315111

JAPE Judge!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
1 theme in Pokemon has been my favorite since the moment I first heard it. Personally, Sinnoh's my favorite region, and I loved everything Gen 4, but this theme actually comes from Unova. It was present in BW but removed in BW2 due to the location being excluded from the games:
Route 10's Theme. Everything about the theme suits the location and the point in the game at which you reach the location. It's a travel up to victory road, and portrays a 'journey to the top' feeling. I would often come to this route just to sit and listen to the theme. It has a beautiful melody as well as perfect use of various instruments, and it almost sounds like something out of TLOZ.
It's such a good theme it was remixed for Super Smash Bros 4.

*Permission to bump obtained from Codraroll

August 2017, in this thread: "I'll eventually make a post of my favorite themes from all the games."

May 2019: I have a rough version of my list ready! I'm too lazy to spruce this up so I'm just c+p'ing from a discord I originally posted this on.

RBY: Viridian City, Cerulean City, Route 11, Vermillion City, SS Anne, Lavender Town, Gym Leader theme and wild battle theme, Rocket Hideout, Champion theme, credits, Road to Pokemon League, Viridian Forest

GSC: Route 30, Violet City, Azalea Town, bike theme, Lake of Rage, Ice Path, Champ theme, surf theme, Route 26, Route 3, Viridian City, Ecruteak City

RSE: Dive theme, Routes 119 & 120, Lilycove City, May theme, Fallabor Town theme, E4 theme and champion theme, credits, Fortree City theme, Frontier Brain theme

DPPt: pretty much all the night music, Oreburgh Gate, route 203, Eterna Forest, Lake, Eterna City, Hearthome City, 209, Cyrus theme, Mt Coronet, Spear Pillar, lake spirit battle theme, Distortion World, League Gate, Cynthia theme, Stark Mountain, Solaceon Town

BW&B2W2: Rival theme, Castelia City theme, Gym Leader theme, Dreamyard, Mistralton City, Opelucid City, E4 Theme, Floccesy Ranch, Aspertia City, Nuvema Town, Plasma theme (BW & B2W2), Castelia Gym in B2W2, Nimbasa Gym in B2W2, trainer battle, Route 10

XY: Boutique Theme (!), Champion theme, route 15, Laverre City, Pokeball Factory

SM: Iki Town (Day), Hau'Oli City (night), Trainer School, Totem Battle, Champion theme, Malie City (night), Aether Paradise, Burnet's Lab, Ghost trial, Infiltration theme, Vast Poni Canyon, Po Town, Gladion Theme, Elite Four theme

FRLG: Pallet Town, Route 3, Cerulean City, Vermillion City, Rocket Base, Cinnibar Island, Route 17 (Johto remix), Champion theme, credits, Lavender Town, Pokemon Tower, Road to Pokemon League

HGSS: Cherrygrove City, Violet City, Cerulean City, Viridian City

ORAS: Rival theme, Magma/Aqua theme, Magma/Aqua leader theme, soaring (night), credits

I will eventually organize this into a top 30/50 list ranking or something; I just wanted to get all this down now.

Edit: I have no plans to add in Let's Go to this list (there's enough Kanto here already)

Last edited:
It has been long, but anyway (and ugh it didn't save the draft when crashed)

Lilii / Iki Town, the starting town in Alola. Before, I have said about Hauoli City's tropical upbeat, so...
if Hauoli is happy, then Hala took Melemele's melody into this calming, peaceful song.
The mix of the arrangements are great, I didn't know ukulele can be used for this kind of music too.

It also doesn't clash with Grand Trial / Island King battle against Hala at all. (Maybe it does a bit against Hau, but boy is too energetic....)

I’d have to say my favorite is Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's theme — which is odd, because I hated it when it was first revealed. It took me time to appreciate how it calls back to earlier Pokémon themes (most prominently the RBY Route 1 theme) and the way its intensity rises and falls throughout the song. The slight variations in the instruments for each Tao Dragon were a nice touch, as well.

Hope this isn’t bumping the thread too late, but I think Route 23 from Black and White 2 is a fantastic theme.

If you remember the last maingame route of Black and White, Route 10, that track has a “your journey is coming to an end” feeling, this one gives a “heck yeah! You’ve stopped Team Plasma! Let’s finish this with him and gusto!” It’s so triumphant, and it keeps you going as you are soon to battle tough Ace Trainers and Veterans (and I think BW2 Victory Road is one of if not the toughest Victory Road in the series).

The fact that both Route 10’s theme and Route 23’s theme made it into Smash also says a lot about both tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)