pokemon gsc game corner theme
pokemon gsc/hgss red, lance, and silver theme
pokemon gsc/hgss azalea town theme
pokemon gsc/hgss rival battle theme
pokemon b1w1 and b2w2 gym leader theme
pokemon b1w1 and b2w2 gym leader final pokemon theme
pokemon b1w1 and b2w2 accumula town theme
pokemon b2w2 hugh theme
pokemon oras maxie/archie theme (battle and encounter)
pokemon dpp cynthia theme
pokemon usum trainer battle theme
pokemon usum ultra necrozma theme
pokemon usum elite four theme
pokemon usum lillie theme

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

This is a recreation of BDSP's Route 201 based on the snippet heard in the Pokemon Presents. And it's just... damn man. Damn.

I want y'all to keep in mind that these fan recreations based on trailers sound worse than the finished product 9 times out of 10. And yet it's still this gorgeously orchestrated and heartfelt.

If this is the treatment we can expect for the Gen 4 OST then it's time to start spamming whoever operates the Game Awards to nominate it for best soundtrack already

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I’m doing this from my phone in a drive through right now, let’s see if I can do this right. I realized I never actually posted any specific songs here.

I could go on for hours about how much I love this game and its soundtrack alike. This theme song has absolutely no reason to straight up vibe as much as it does, but it does anyway and it’s just incredible.

Valid Edit: Ukulele Pichu is a savage and the fact that he’s never returned is a sin against humanity. The fact he’s not in Smash either is a hate crime.

This is a recreation of BDSP's Route 201 based on the snippet heard in the Pokemon Presents. And it's just... damn man. Damn.

I want y'all to keep in mind that these fan recreations based on trailers sound worse than the finished product 9 times out of 10. And yet it's still this gorgeously orchestrated and heartfelt.

If this is the treatment we can expect for the Gen 4 OST then it's time to start spamming whoever operates the Game Awards to nominate it for best soundtrack already
INB4 We get a surprise new The Last Of Us game this year.
All kidding aside, I'm lowkey more excited for BSDP than Legends Arceus, and the new music is honestly the main reason.

My favorites from each main series game:
RBY: Route 1 - Catchy as hell, sets the stage for what was at the time a fun adventure, and still enjoyable to listen to today. Just about everything I could want in an early route theme.
GSC: Dark Cave - If you're going to make a giant labyrinth of a cave, you may as well at least make the theme interesting. This tune is just that. I especially like the bass and chord progression.
RSE: Bike Theme - This tune is exhilarating and pure ear-candy. A lot of songs from this generation and its remakes are, but this theme especially. I actually listen to it while I'm out cycling in real life from time to time.
FRLG: Sevault Canyon - I like FRLG's remixes of various Johto songs on islands 4-7, and this theme is perfect when exploring the outlying areas on Six and Seven Island.
DP: Route 225 - For as much as I've complained about things I dislike in Gen 4, I will say that the postgame is phenomenal. And this route theme is just another reason why.
Platinum: Giratina Battle - Had to put this on here. My favorite legendary battle theme in the series and fits Giratina flawlessly.
HGSS: Safari Zone Gate - HGSS had a ton of great new tracks to listen to that weren't in GSC, and I realize this isn't as popular a pick as Ho-Oh's battle or Route 47, but I just love the beat, melody, and instrumentation of this theme too much.
BW: Icirrus City/Route 10 - Can't pick one without the other, so I'm going with both. I love the jovial and free-spirited feel of the former, while the latter feels very regal and majestic (pretty fitting for the final stretch prior to Victory Road). They also have nearly the same instrumentation.
B2W2: Iris Battle - An amazing tune to complement a battle that seems to prioritize atmosphere over everything else (although the battle itself is still pretty good).
XY: Laverre City - Pretty fitting for a city that has a human-sized dollhouse and a 13-hour clock. Enough said.
ORAS: Zinnia Encounter - I like Wally's battle theme, and it's impressive how much his character arc improved in ORAS, but I still don't think he really fits that theme as well as Zinnia does her themes.
SM: Seafolk Village (Night) - Peaceful, calming, beautiful... no joke, I actually meditate to this music sometimes.
USUM: Giovanni Battle - The 8-bit intro is kind of cool, but the real ace is how imposing the orchestrated remaster of his original theme sounds. If only Team RR would actually do more than just taking over Aether Paradise.
SS: Hulbury - I dig some quality blues music, and this delivers.
SS DLC: Mustard Battle - A fitting tune for a final battle on an island full of Japanese-style architecture with a sensei that uses a Gigantamax Urshifu.

I want to shout out two relatively obscure but amazing songs from spin-offs for two of my favorite Pokemon. I never played either of them, but these themes have to be heard.
The mix of mythical strings alongside electric guitar shredding brings out Zekrom's status as a legend and its power. Reshiram's theme isn't as liked as me, but I get its direction.
Black Kyurem's theme sounds hyper amped and unlike anything else within the Rumble series. The Pokemon Rumble U OST is underrated in general, with other favorites being Transit Museum and Slithering Trains. Some songs came from previous Ambrella Pokemon games, including Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Channel, and Hey You! Pikachu.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
I want to shout out two relatively obscure but amazing songs from spin-offs for two of my favorite Pokemon. I never played either of them, but these themes have to be heard.
The mix of mythical strings alongside electric guitar shredding brings out Zekrom's status as a legend and its power. Reshiram's theme isn't as liked as me, but I get its direction.
Black Kyurem's theme sounds hyper amped and unlike anything else within the Rumble series. The Pokemon Rumble U OST is underrated in general, with other favorites being Transit Museum and Slithering Trains. Some songs came from previous Ambrella Pokemon games, including Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Channel, and Hey You! Pikachu.
This is incredibly valid. Everything here that was mentioned is so, so true. PokéPark 2 is, in my opinion, one of the best written Pokémon games ever released, and was one of only three games in history that got me to cry growing up. As for Pokémon Rumble’s music, I’d like to mention how Rumble Blast’s music slaps way harder than it has any right to.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
So apparently Weird Al wrote a song for the second Pokemon movie. Bulbapedia says it's from the credits. I just listened to it on loop for... I think an hour? At least? It's amazing.

What in the kentucky fried f*** did I just listen to-

Oh boy, do I have a bunch.
Going in chronological order of generations:
-Vs. Champion (RBY)
-Azalea Town (GSC)
-National Park (GSC)
-Ecruteak City (GSC)
-May (RSE)
-Vs. Rival (RSE)
-Mt. Pyre's Outer Wall (RSE)
-Vs. Champion (RSE)
-Battle Frontier (Emerald)
-Vs. Frontier Brain (RSE)
-Vs. Deoxys (FRLG)
-Lake (DPP)
-Sandgem Town (DPP)
-Jubilife City, Nighttime (DPP)
-Route 216 (DPP)
-Team Galactic Hideout (DPP)
-Mt. Coronet (DPP)
-Vs. Dialga/Palkia (DPP)
-Vs. Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf (DPP)
-Fight Area (DPP)
-Route 228 (DPP)
-Distortion World (Pt)
-Vs. Giratina (Pt)
-Vs. Suicune (HGSS)
-Route 47 (HGSS)
-Sinjoh Ruins (HGSS)
-Dreamyard (BW)
-Relic Castle (BW)
-Celestial Tower (BW)
-Undella Town, Autumn/Winter/Spring (BW)
-Village Bridge (BW)
-Colress (BW2)
-Reversal Mountain (White 2)
-Marine Tube (BW2)
-Vs. Champion (BW2)
-White Treehollow (White 2)
-The Heirs to Eternity (ORAS)
-Ten Carat Hill (SM)
-Vs. Ultra Necrozma (USUM)
-Vs. Marnie (SS)
-Vs. Bede (SS)
-Vs. Galarian Birds (SS)

-Normal Battle (Colosseum)
-Cipher Peon (Colosseum)
-Sunset Colosseum (Battle Revolution)
-Time Gear (Mystery Dungeon 2)
-Temporal Tower (Mystery Dungeon 2)
-Vast Ice Mountain Peak (Mystery Dungeon 2)

Bolded the ones I'd put in the running for my absolute favorites. Sinjoh Ruins, Reversal Mountain, and Team Galactic Hideout are all underrated as fuck. In general I tend to latch on to themes that I feel establish atmosphere/tone well, but I also listed plenty of songs that do nothing of the sort and are just catchy :mehowth:

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Please don't be trailer-only, please don't be trailer-only, please don't be trailer-only...
But, where would this song be used? Doesn't sound like battle music, but also feels a bit more dynamic than your usual encounter music. If its in the game, maybe cutscene exclusive music?

But, where would this song be used? Doesn't sound like battle music, but also feels a bit more dynamic than your usual encounter music. If its in the game, maybe cutscene exclusive music?
It doesn't sound too out of place for Battle music. Maybe a bit more bombastic but I think it fits. It sounds similar enough to stuff like Sword/Shield's gym theme

Anyway, my favorite theme is the Champion Battle against Hau in USUM. I love it. It starts off serious and dramatic but suddenly transitions into the really nice music we all know Hau for but with extra flavor. Giovanni's Rainbow Rocket theme is also really cool

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It doesn't sound too out of place for Battle music. Maybe a bit more bombastic but I think it fits. It sounds similar enough to stuff like Sword/Shield's gym theme
Crackhead theory: Charon returns as an actual boss fight and this is his battle theme

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Wait for it.
What a strange array of instruments.

Starts with an Australian Aboriginal didgeridoo (backed by some drums).
Than goes to fiddle playing a vaguely Japanese sounding tune.
Than the fiddle takes turns with with some bagpipes.
Than finally the fiddle and bagpipes start play together with the didgeridoo softly playing in the background.

And, somehow it works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)