3x Crystal Promise
3x Rare Value
3x Crystal Abundance
3x Crystal Beacon
3x Crystal Blessing
3x Lightning Vortex

1x Torrential Tribute

I just need to get me some cards to finish it :D

Its quite a shame but Crystal beasts are too slow in this format. Diamond Dude Turbo, Light and Darkness Dragon, and Zombies are dominating, along with Baboon Burn/ Monarch.

I have a pretty good spell-caster deck going right now.

3x Dark Magician
1x Chaos Command Magician
3x Skilled Dark Magician
2x Herald of Creation
1x Breaker the Magical Warrior
2x Gemini Elf
2x Royal Magical Library
1x Maha Vailo
2x Apprentice Magician
2x Old Vindictive Magician
1x Magician of Faith

3x Magical Dimension
1x Heavy Storm
1x Smashing Ground
1x Fissure
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Giant Trunade
1x Axe of Despair
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Premature Burial
1x Mage Power

2x Trap Jammer
1x Magic Jammer
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Sakuretsu Armor
1x Malevolent Catastrophe

I have also been working on a Java based yu-gi-oh card game sim since early december. The goal for this is to make it similar to shoddybattle. If you guys are interested I will try to start picking up the pace on that.

Forgot about this thread.

@stoo/quinny: There really isn't a big need for a java based yugioh sim, seeing as there is already a working executable sim out there. =/

Yugioh Virtual Desktop

Anyway, I've been working on a deck with a reasoning/monster gate engine lately. I'm trying to figure out how to get the cards I need quicker, and reduce the number of dead draws. It works great when I get the cards I need, but when I don't I don't stand a chance, which shouldn't be the case for any deck. It probably needs a bit of a makeover from where it is now.

I will be going to a tournament in 2 days, here is the deck I plan on using:

Monsters: 21
Vampire Lord x 2
Ryu Kokki x 2
Despair from the Dark
Fear from the Dark
Pyramid Turtle x 3
Regenerating Mummy x 3
Soul Absorbing Bone Tower x 3
Magician of Faith
Spirit Reaper
Vampire Lady
Poison Mummy x 2
Twin Headed Behemoth

Spells: 13
Book of Life x 3
Call of the Mummy x 2
Fissure
MST
Nobleman of Crossout
Swords of Revealing Light
Creature Swap
Lightning Vortex
Heavy Storm
Card of Safe Return

Traps: 9
Triggered Summon x 2
Call of the Haunted
Sakuretsu Armor x 2
Ceasefire
Raigeki Break
Ultimate Offering
Spell Shield Type 8

43 Total

Yeah, it's either this or a developing machines deck. I can take out a few monster for Raiza and Treeborn Frog if needed, and I can replace a few traps (lol Triggered Summon) for something like Premature Burial from another deck.

dont use that Zombie deck, use something similar to the Bellideo build. Trust me you wont get anywhere with that build. Dont want to encourage netdecking too much but that doesnt mean you can build off of something good.

http://www.metagame.com is a good start.

Forgot about this thread.

@stoo/quinny: There really isn't a big need for a java based yugioh sim, seeing as there is already a working executable sim out there. =/

Yugioh Virtual Desktop
Honestly looks pretty crappy. Also I have a mac so I'm trying to make something cross platform. So yes there is stuff that already does this I just want something better and it is a fun project for my free time. Hopefully soon I'll get a web page up for it. I probably won't release a playable version for at least a couple months. If anyone has any interesting ideas to enhance this game pm me or post something here.

dont use that Zombie deck, use something similar to the Bellideo build. Trust me you wont get anywhere with that build. Dont want to encourage netdecking too much but that doesnt mean you can build off of something good.

http://www.metagame.com is a good start.
Just the NAME "metagame" makes it seem good; I just wish it had a deck archieve search function.

Also thanks for the heads up Warthog; I'm researching this Bellido build now. I'm guessing he won some big tournament, therefore this deck has GOTTA be good. Also, lol I can't netdeck well at all; I'm missing a ton of staples in his deck like Don Zaloog, Thunder Monarch and Airknight. I still have a Raiza, hehe.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page is also a good place; I actually went to look up the definition of "netdecking."

Just for reference I'm listing all the staples I got...
Spells:
Pot of Avarice
Enemy Controller
Creature Swap
Premature Burial
Lightning Vortex
MST
Scapegoat

Traps:
Call of the Haunted
Sakuretsu Armor
Magic Cylindar
Tragedy (no one uses it...)

Monsters:
Raiza
Jinzo
Treeborn Frog
LaD Dragon
Cyber Phoenix
DD Warrior Lady

And so on, I'm going to come back once I combine a bunch of my good decks to make something worthy. This is a cool thread.

I hear you man. I don't have malicious, d draw, or any perfect circle junk.

I just stick with my Il Blud ;)
Il Blud is even more expensive ._. Crystal Beasts are fun and Crystal Abundance is gg, wish Green Baboon wasn't so expensive tho :/

Also Vampire Lord kinda sucks with Cyber Dragon in most decks.

The fact you need your opponents IP address kind of ruins alot of the point doesn't it? I was hoping for random battles :/ Not to mention that thing is out of date, doesn't even have any E-heroes at all

Personally I would much rather wait for quinnys sim
It's fully up to date if you had bothered reading. >_>

You just have to update your card database at www.scrollrack.com

edit:
whats wrong with raiza, it doesnt look that powerful.
It has the ability to set the opponent back a turn, possibly more, if you send back a tribute monster, and even after doing that job it becomes a 2400 attacking beatstick. It's an amazing card.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
2400 aint that much atk...and it has an ability of a hane-hane :/

Not to mention that thing is out of date, doesn't even have any E-heroes at all
its pretty easy to make your own cards in yvd anyways

2400 aint that much atk...and it has an ability of a hane-hane :/
Actually its ability is very different than that of a hane-hane. It doesn't need to be flipped, just normal summoned, and instead of sending the card back to their hand, it goes to the top of their deck, ensuring that they don't get anything new in their next draw, and it can be any card, not just monsters. And also unlike a hane-hane, it can actually attack. And 2400 is a lot of attack. If your opponent is to take it out "the old-fashioned way," they would need to tribute something themselves. After having something sent to the top of their deck and then something else attacked, they probably won't be able to do that bar cyber dragon or treeborn frog. Of course, a lot of level 6s have 2400 attack, so the best they would do would be to kill their own monster in the process. You can get higher attack with just one tribute, but most level 6s have at most 2400. To overpower it would require under most circumstances, a level 7 or higher, which generally means we're talking high tribute costs or special summons, here. Of course, you could always use something like torrential tribute when it's summoned, or hammer shot during your turn, or maybe some other monster removal, although the best way to stop it is to keep it from ever being summoned via pulling the rug or similar cards. Yes, there are other ways to kill it off, and yes, there are some monsters that can stop it with relative ease, but due to its ability of sending a card to the top of their deck, it's not as simple to deal with as other cards.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
hmm..when i stopped playing summoned skull and cybertech alligator were pretty good. i guess they stopped making cards like that.

Actually I can see a use for Summoned Skull in a normal monster deck because he beats out the Monarchs and Jinzo. But now we have Frostasaurus. a lv 6 with 2600 attack, as well as the werewolf (lv 4 2000 attack normal).

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I don't remember exactly when, but I stopped playing around the time Graceful Charity was banned (I didn't quit because of that reason). I probably got caught up in other games. I played with real cards for maybe two years, but never played competitively since I only knew one other player and it was expensive.

On YVD, I made a lot of decks. My favorite one was probably a stalling burn deck that mainly focused on Wave-Motion Cannon. Other favorites in it included Stealth Bird and Dice Jar with Barrel Behind the Door.

I also made a deck with the goal being to use Dimension Fusion to special summon Jinzo, Spell Canceller, Mystic Swordsman LV6, and Patrician of Darkness at the same time. This creates a hard lock to fight against. I included cards that required to discard from your hand to activate and Bazoo the Soul-Eater to send away the four monsters needed. It never really worked since it needed too many cards to pull off, but I like to think of it as an original idea.

Another, better lock deck I made is a Spatial Collapse based one; however, I copied it from some random guy I battled. It had Xing Zhen Hu and Ojama Trio to fill up the opponent's 5-card limit. Then Nightmare Wheel slowly finished the opponent.

Deck making is probably my favorite part of Yu-gi-oh. As I look at my old computer, I have 21 decks created.

I need some advice:

Today I was thinking if I was thinking if I'm ever going to make a deck, what kind? I was thinking about a Gladiator Beast Deck (to try something new), and I was wondering what kind of cards I would include in it.

Now there isn't a 100% chance I'll make it, but I want advice. You can even go against it if you see it as the better choice.
Sorry to be a pain and asking this again, but all I want to know now is if a Gladiator Beast Deck is any good.

Actually I can see a use for Summoned Skull in a normal monster deck because he beats out the Monarchs and Jinzo. But now we have Frostasaurus. a lv 6 with 2600 attack, as well as the werewolf (lv 4 2000 attack normal).
considering that they can play a monarch after summoned skull or they can use magic and traps (and they will) it's not that reliable.

it's better to run your own.

I don't entirely hate the monarchs.
I just wish they'd get limited 1.

Cubed:

Not really.
They were a neat gimmick at the time, but all of their effects require them to survive the battle in order for them to be sent back into the deck. Considering they're all relatively weak in power, and semi-predictable, it's not terribly hard to get a match under your control when facing them.

If you do consider using them, however, try to use things like rush recklessly or metalmorph if you're daring, to give your monster combat tricks for when they are attacking/attacked. They have to stay alive, and they cannot get killed. And watch out for traps.

Sorry to be a pain and asking this again, but all I want to know now is if a Gladiator Beast Deck is any good.
Gladiator Beast, IMO, is amazing from what I can see. They will constantly be special summoned and return to your deck, and they have a great deal of support for Gladiator's Assault alone. They aren't top tier yet, but I can see them rising with more support. If you've heard of Six Samurai, you'll see a similarity between the two.

Also I will probably go to that tournament tonight. I really don't care about winning as long as I see some awesome or rare deck strategies (last time I got owned by Harpie Lady deck, lol). Also they have cheap super rares for $2 each, woo!

Edit: Yo Thunderpup from what I heard they could be restricting Raiza and Mobius to one in the next ban list. I saw an article about it on pojo somewhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)