Yugioh! TCG Thread

i used to play a chaos control deck, but i stopped playing after the ban list came out, because i didn't have the money to build a competative deck. i picked it up again last year and played a demise deck (mainly because it was affordable) but that got banned too :(

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I realize that it is a deadly combonation, though I'm interested in how you plan to set it up, and how you work if you do not get the cards needed for your setup.
i suppose that would be kinda easy. maybe set it up with a deck destroying theme, like morphing jar and the like, then make sure to pack backup soldier too.

i used to collect them but fell into the "no one else i know plays ;_;" situation. i played on yvd a lot though. i still get giddy whenever i pick up my shonen jump and i get a new card and a sneak peak at all the new thing coming up (i got the wicked dreadroot in january's issue (that thing is fucking pimp)).

i used to play with all sorts of decks cause that was some of the most fun. i loved my fairy deck (shinato is one of my fav guys <3). i got out of it before ultimate baseball kid came out, i really wanted to use him.

I run a Destiny Light and Darkness deck. With malicious, disk, draws, 3 copys of the dragon and other staple stuff. I got Over Dose at my locals, so dealing with CCV is a real pain. So I formed Team Funch. We dont have any big name players, but we won our fair share of regionals. I'm scared of Dark Armed Dragon though from PTDN. That thing is a beast in the OCG. That, and Dark Calling. Cuz with calling you can build Gaia Gate, which can OTK easier than DDT.

so funny, i used to play, until the and a little after the banlist
got back into it for a few months, got old again
and then just started again three days ago
thats so awesome
i reformed my monarch deck and i cant wait for the monarch starter to come out!!!
It is going to be so awesome

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't play but I still have my awesome deck that revolves around my three Gravity Binds (All monsters that are four stars or higher cannot attack). THen with some direct damage and stalling I win the game.

I ended up using so many decks when I played.

Chain Burn
Chimeratech OTK
Demise OTK
Gadgets
Six Samurai
Gem Beasts

but I decided to quit because I had no reliable means of income to support the expensive cards needed to be competitive.

I don't play but I still have my awesome deck that revolves around my three Gravity Binds (All monsters that are four stars or higher cannot attack). THen with some direct damage and stalling I win the game.
I used to use that too. I had two copies of United We Stand so I was able to trick out two of my monsterse with plus 4000 attack which no level 3 could compete with.

I also remembered that I used a negative LP deck (yeah I made the name up since I don't know what else to call it)

First I play Bad Reaction to Simmochi (Yeah, I forgot the exact name)

Then I would play eye of truth allowing me to see their hand. Bad reaction will cause them to lose (instead of gain) 1000 LP is they have a magic card. Then I play Snatch Steal to take their most powerful monster, and cause them to lose an automatic 1000 every turn.
Combine this with other similar "gain LP cards" and your opponent will go down rather quickly.

i came third at canadian nats 2k6

and before you say anything, canadian nats is without question more difficult than american nats because due to how small it is the concentration of amazing players (the bellidos and the rest of superfriends as well as some others) is ridiculous

i dunno, the game kind of bores me now, im gonna go to nats this year but i dont really plan on playing much until then, or at least until the new ban list. raiza should not have been printed.

but holy shit there are a lot of noobs itt ?_?
that's cool, what kind of deck do you run (ran)?

I run a Harpie Lady deck. I just need 3x Icarus attack and 2-3x raiza to complete it. Raiza's are too expensive though so meh ._.

Shame that it's becoming a rich-mans game

i suppose that would be kinda easy. maybe set it up with a deck destroying theme, like morphing jar and the like, then make sure to pack backup soldier too.
If you're saying that one would use Backup Solider for the Direct Damage Dealers, I think this would explain what I'm trying to say.

Backup Solider's Describtion said:
You can activate this card when there are 5 or more Monster Cards in your Graveyard. Select up to 3 Monster Cards with an ATK of 1500 points or less (except Effect Monster Cards) from your Graveyard and add them to your hand.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
If you're saying that one would use Backup Solider for the Direct Damage Dealers, I think this would explain what I'm trying to say.
well ya i guess. i was thinking of a faster way to beef up united we stand.

well ya i guess. i was thinking of a faster way to beef up united we stand.
Well, the most obvious one in my mind is Scapegoat. That and Raregold Armor (Opponent can only attack equipped monster) can make for some deadly play.

Well, the most obvious one in my mind is Scapegoat. That and Raregold Armor (Opponent can only attack equipped monster) can make for some deadly play.

Yeah, in my gravity bind deck I would play U.W.S on my strongest level 3 monster, and then play raregold armor to ensure that my opponent could not attack.

And U.W.S is broken in almost any deck Slice n Dice

I used to play yugioh competitively two years ago, and I still play the ds games. I went to nats with a 7-3 record with like 22nd place or something when I was still playing. I dislike the current metagame, but it's better than the x3 trooper per deck meta before it. I also agree with glen's "raiza should not have been printed" statement.
Its possible I may be attending SJC in Orange County (Southern Cali) in March as well and it lands the week after my regional in LV. Yay.
YES! I will be getting back into the game for this. A shonen that's less than 2 hours away should not be ignored. I hope to see you there warthog!

I used to play competitively and went to regionals and stuff, and a sjc last year. Theres a sjc here in Orlando in a few weeks and I'm thinking of getting back into the game for it but I don't know. I'm not able to spend too much money and I don't even know what people are using anymore.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rmd

Monsters (17)

Solar Flare Dragon x3
Lava Golem x2
Stealth Bird x2
Cannon Soldier x2
Inaba White Rabbit x2
Witch of the Black Forest
Sangan
Exiled Force
Sinister Serpent
Cyber Jar
Magician of Faith

Magic (NOT SPELLS FUCK YOU KONAMI) (14)
Messenger of Peace x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Scapegoat x2
Pot of Greed (HEART OF THE CARDS)
Graceful Charity
Raigeki
Change of Heart
Painful Choice
Harpies Feather Duster
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn (REBORN THE MONSTER)

Traps (9)
Gravity Bind x3
Imperial Order
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Waboku
Ring of Destruction
Magic Cylinder

Total: 40

best deck ever, absolutely manhandled before the ban list.

PS: glen ur the noob around these parts

I started playing again about a month ago because so many kids at my school played it competitively. I got completely trashed at the local tournament a bit after Christmas (I had no clue what the meta was, last time i played was 2 years ago), so I had no idea what the main cards were.

The banlist doesn't bother me at all to be quite honest. It is, as said before, like banning ubers. Though I've heard rumors of banning Marshmallon, HEAVY STORM (UDE would fail if they did), and bringing back Metamorphosis. That would rather suck.

I built a Zombie deck recently with a bunch of card I had lying around and I really have grown to like it. 3 Book of Life cards is amazing; 3 free ressurection cards, and I can remove the likes of Treeborn Frog and such. All I need is Zombie Master now...best 1800 lv 4 I currently have is Regenerating Mummy. Oh, and I love getting rid of Pyramid Turtle to summon Ryu Kokki. Raiza isn't gonna have fun doing an attack on him now.

I also have a machine deck, but I only have roids (other than Jinzo, Reflect Bounder, 2 Cyber Phoenix...). Gadgets and a Cyber Dragon (50$ for super rare wtf) would be nice.

Actually thanks Warthog I've been waiting on a thread like this :happybrain:

Edit: Jackal that looks like a kickass deck; if only Gravity Bind wasn't restricted now to one, it'd be still pretty usable with some changes in ADV format.

Yeah looking at most of the posts in this thread I would definitely say I don't know the metagame at all anymore, but i'm pretty sure my deck could use some additions from it if I still played, or hold up pretty well. Still the old xyz deck of mine holds up, the latest card in it is probably ancient gear golem.

No way, there goes the chances of me ever playing a tournament -_-

RIP my Gravity Bind Deck, you were good to me.
Eh, you can still run Level Limit Area B, which forces all lv 4+ Monsters into defense, and they have to stay there until it's destroyed (again it's restricted to one also: http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/yugioh/en/gameplay/forbidden/default.aspx)
Only banned card that disapointed me was Ring of Destruction. I miss the good old days when I'd chain that to my Barrel Behind the Door; I did 5600 this way by using it on my opponent's Dark Paladin hehehe.

Ah YGO, how I blew time and money on you. The ban list fucked me over, I remember spending like 20 bucks on a BLS to complete my chaos deck. Things were going so well, and BAM- banned. But yeah, had loads of fun killing time on bus rides to school with this little tcg. Can't see playing it anywhere but in traditional now, though, if only purely because of the screwed up mechanics/eight word long card names in the newer sets.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I actually created a deck based around the forgotten card Cold Wave and was pretty big on Pojo and caught on with some players. It wasn't my typical deck because I used to playing Chaos, Warrior, and Yata but it turned out to be awesome and I raped quite a few local tournaments until people started teching cards just to beat it. While I would love to get back in it I sold all my cards a while back (minus a few favorites). Plus I have better things to spend my money on.

1 Jinzo
2 Mobius the Frost Monarch
3 Berserk Gorilla
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Tribe Infecting Virus
1 Magical Scientist
1 Fiber Jar
1 Sinister Serpent
3 D. D. Warrior Lady
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 Magician of Faith

1 Pot of Greed
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Change of Heart
1 Premature Burial
1 Card Destruction
2 Nobleman of Crossout
3 Cold Wave
1 Swords of Revealing Light

2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
3 Non-Aggression Area
2 Anti-Spell Fragrance
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction

(an early version of the deck, I think it was around the time of the first banlist but before the second iirc.)

I need some advice:

Today I was thinking if I was thinking if I'm ever going to make a deck, what kind? I was thinking about a Gladiator Beast Deck (to try something new), and I was wondering what kind of cards I would include in it.

Now there isn't a 100% chance I'll make it, but I want advice. You can even go against it if you see it as the better choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)