Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
in emerald what is the sentence the bf guy says wen u have perfect ivs etc. im gonna start rng abuse soon
'This Pokemon is wonderfully outstanding in my opinion' is the highest praise he can give. It doen't neccesarily mean perfect though.

Hey guys, if I leave the Battle Frontier and go to another city (to breed or fight wild pokemon), then will my win streak remain when I return, or will it reset?
Your streak will remain.

bloodghoul - looks good! Be sure to browse through the Frontier thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52858) for more ideas and tactics.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, just while they're equipped, once you remove the item, your stats will be normal.

I just have a few questions regarding EV Training.

When I kill for example a bidoof, the pokemon I'm using gets 1EV Point assuming it has no PKRS/Power Item, without the need to level it up.

And now, lets say I have a PorygonZ, I maxed it out at 252/252/6 and its at Level 30. Do I continue EV Training it or can I train the fastest way possible?

I just have a few questions regarding EV Training.

When I kill for example a bidoof, the pokemon I'm using gets 1EV Point assuming it has no PKRS/Power Item, without the need to level it up.

And now, lets say I have a PorygonZ, I maxed it out at 252/252/6 and its at Level 30. Do I continue EV Training it or can I train the fastest way possible?
Once EVs are maxed, well they're maxed, you can't add/mess it up with battling more. So, just battle normally any high leveled Pokemon.

@Leftovers
58HP/252SpA/252Spe
Timid nature, Trace trait
~Calm Mind
~Psychic
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice

@Choice Specs
252SpA/6SpD/252Spe
~Psychic
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice
~Trick

How usable is HP Ice here?

Why are the smogon guides to each pokemon telling us to max out 508 EVs instead of the 510? (Obviously, those extra 2 won't make a difference, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here).

In UU, not very, considering the only UU Pokemon hit much harder by HP Ice than Psychic or Focus Blast are Claydol, Torterra and Altaria. In OU, the 4x weak dragons all outspeed and OHKO with a physical move or Draco Meteor.

@Leftovers
58HP/252SpA/252Spe
~Calm Mind
~Psychic
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice

@Choice Specs
252SpA/6SpD/252Spe
~Psychic
~Focus Blast
~HP Ice
~Trick

Ice gets good coverage with Fighting. However, given that Psychic + Fighting hits everything that's not Psychic, Spiritomb, or Sabeleye in the first place, it might be better to run a Dark or Ghost type attack over HP Ice. Alternately, you could run one of Gardevoir's support status options, such as Hypnosis.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
There's none as effective as Steel/Dragon tbh, but there's a few combinations that have things going for them in theory at least.

Grass/Rock is an interesting one as they cover each others weaknesses quite well (Grass resists Water and Ground whilst Rock resists Fire, Flying and Poison) and offensively, Rock hits super effective against all the types that hit Grass hard other than Poison (Fire, Bug, Flying, Ice). Scizor hurts you though.

Poison/Dark is quite good defensively too...(Poison resists Fighting and Bug whereas Dark takes Psychic attacks). The Ground weakness can be covered by Levitaters and Flying types I guess.

Just have a long hard think about it, there's plenty of combos out there. Just don't expect to find one as good as Steel/Dragon.

Hey everyone... i have a quick but really important question to ask.. so i just finished ev training my battle tower timid azelf in speed and special attack... and hes lvl 58.... now my question is this.. he was almost lvl 58 when i finished ev training so i lvled him up to 58 so that way he got the stat boost.. but my question is... does he need to be raised to level 100 before he has the stats hes supposed to have and before i can use him on battle tower???? thanks for any answers guys im stuck

Hey everyone... i have a quick but really important question to ask.. so i just finished ev training my battle tower timid azelf in speed and special attack... and hes lvl 58.... now my question is this.. he was almost lvl 58 when i finished ev training so i lvled him up to 58 so that way he got the stat boost.. but my question is... does he need to be raised to level 100 before he has the stats hes supposed to have and before i can use him on battle tower???? thanks for any answers guys im stuck
no, since the Battle Tower scales all levels down to Lv. 50 and the EVs are already in place.

And ColdEye, the first Gardevoir set has 52 EVs too many.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
???

Okay, can anyone reply to how much HP Cacturne would need to make 4 Substitutes, granted no entry hazards are in play and no recovery item? The current set puts Caturne at 25% health, not allowing for a fourth Substitute without fainting.
Ummm, if you give him leftovers you might be able to get 4 out of him, but IIRC Substitute takes up 25% health each time, so...that or a berry or a shell bell or something...?!

100-25-25-25=0 compared to 100-25+6-25+6-25+6-25+6=18(if you go with leftovers and they DON'T bone-merang you or something)

I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I'm going to go double check that...[edit] yeah it looks that way to me...

Oh and Stingrayspin...if it's really EV trained L50 or L100 won't make any difference. A L 50 with 252 spd EVs looks like a L50 with 252 spd EVs no matter what level it's being scaled to (i hope that made sense to you XD).

yea thats kind of what confuses me also stingray.. i usually just entered them ev trained at lvl 50ish..however a guide on gamefaqs said they add on throughout lvls all the way to 100..but honestly i trust the pros here and what they say

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
yea thats kind of what confuses me also stingray.. i usually just entered them ev trained at lvl 50ish..however a guide on gamefaqs said they add on throughout lvls all the way to 100..but honestly i trust the pros here and what they say
That "add on throughout the lvls all the way to 100" line is talking about how if you give any poke 252 spd EVs (for example) you will only "see" like 1/2 (that's just a number I tossed out there) of the "total" boost that's coming to it by L50 and the "total boost" from EVs won't be "seen" till it hit's 100.

I used to EV train pokes as low as possible (like L15 or so) and then wifi battle boost them up to L100 to see if they EV trained right because I didn't trust what I just spoke about. Now as long as I'm 99% sure I counted their EVs right as I was training them, I just trust that they'll have the exact stats I want when they hit 50 (as I need in my case). It hasn't failed me once.

no, since the Battle Tower scales all levels down to Lv. 50 and the EVs are already in place.

And ColdEye, the first Gardevoir set has 52 EVs too many.
Mistype, I meant 200Spe...
---
Type that fit one another? Offensively or defensively? Say,Ghost/Dark work defensively, but completely overlap offensively...
---
@Leftovers

Water Veil trait
~Water Spout
~Hydro Pump
~Blizzard
~Rest

@Leftovers

Water Veil trait
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Water Spout
~Blizzard

These two odd-looking sets are my attempt to abuse Wailord very unique Water Spout while not losing it's bulk; due to it's immense HP and poor defenses, three Ev spread were found valid by me:
1) 252Def/96SpA/162SpD, Bold, forcing even Adamant LO Lucario to SD for the OHKO (and, for that matter, Skarmory gets OHKOed too; is Skarmory physically fragil?).
2) 192Def/96SpA/252SpD, Calm, ensuring Wailord will take even a full-powered SpecMence's (or Latias) Draco Meteor followed by a turn-worth of Hail.
3) 130Def/252SpA/128SpD, Modest, gaining great firepower at the cost of significant bulk.
---
Specs (super)Starmie; Hydro Pump, Surf or both insted of the rather poor Psychic?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Mattj, but isn't there a way that the 4th Sub leaves Cacturne with 1 HP? I need this HP number..
Ummm OOOOH! YOU MEAN BECAUSE THE GAME ROUNDS STUFF DOWN!!! XD Hmmm... let me think....

[edit] I just googled this and got it off gamespot's site and it makes sense to me...

To get 1 HP using Substitute, HP must equal (nx4+1), with n being the HP.

Another way to find out: Divide your max HP by 4. If the decimal is .25, then you can get 1 HP.
Seems to me like you could have multiple HPs and still get 1. I forgot originally that the game ignores decimals. I now see how that could be useful...hmmm...

Hey simple Q of my own. I've never used a macho brace for EV training. I read it's description on the site, but just confirming.
Reduces Speed 50%. Doubles EVs earned.
No RUS if my "pkmnA" is holding a Macho Brace and kills a Machamp it will get 6 Atk EVs instead of the normal 3? I know it's a stupid question but I want to do this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)