Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the imput.
i was curious to see how good an exploding team would be after calculating the damages (Lickilicky W/ choiceband?)...

also, for jirachi, HP fire or ground? (does it come down to who my team needs help eliminating?)

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
thanks for the imput.
i was curious to see how good an exploding team would be after calculating the damages (Lickilicky W/ choiceband?)...

also, for jirachi, HP fire or ground? (does it come down to who my team needs help eliminating?)
Yeah, pretty much. HP Fire. for Steels such as Scizor. HP Ground namely for Heatran.

I've been looking into lickilicky lately and I've seen multiple places and people say it can learn wish and heal bell, yet can't find out how. I'm assuming it was some special event one or something that came with it? Just wondering if someone could clear it up for me.

thanks.

I've been looking into lickilicky lately and I've seen multiple places and people say it can learn wish and heal bell, yet can't find out how. I'm assuming it was some special event one or something that came with it? Just wondering if someone could clear it up for me.

thanks.

Yeah, they're both event moves so if you're looking to get an ingame Lickilicky with either of those moves It'll likely be difficult to find a legit one.

Jumpluff can work a almost any team type. A fast Sleep and Encore along with a useful unique typing is useful to any sort of team. You are just going to have to experiment.

Would it work better on a Stall Team, a Moderate Team, probably not Heavy Offense...?
It would probably do best on a stall/semi stall team (im assuming your using the sub seeder variant) because the big idea of those teams is to phaze stuff out, which is what leech seed will be doing.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, they're both event moves so if you're looking to get an ingame Lickilicky with either of those moves It'll likely be difficult to find a legit one.
Heal bell is also a HGSS tutor move IIRC, so it is at least possible to have both moves at once. EDIT: OK - wonder why it doesn't get it?

Hi guys ^_^
I'm organizing a pokemon tournament, and I need some help with the rules/my pokemon team
This is what I tought:

Rules:
- No legendary pokemon (Because otherwise, a lot of people will just bring them, and see over and over the same pokemons is not funny at all)
- No duplicate pokemons (No teams of 6 salamence...)

Now, for my team...I wanted to do a team focused around sandstorm and Stealth rock (Remember, this is not a competitive tournament, there may be some random pokemon with random attack)
My team:

Hippowdon, the lead

Ev'd to be a mixed wall

Item: ? (Leftovers, focus sash)
Moves:
Earthquake
Ice fang
Stealth rock
Slack off

His purpose is to bring the sandstorm on the battlefield, laying down stealth rock, and do some damage with his 2 attacking moves...he is ev'd as a mixed wall in order to endure some damage

Cradily, the wall

Ev'd as an attacking wall
Item: ? (Leftovers, lum berry)
Moves:
Rock slide
Seed bomb
Toxic
Recover

With the sandstorm boost, he is a pain to take down...his purpose is to stall with toxic and recover the enemy...the 2 attacks are needed if for whatever reason he can't/doesn't need to use toxic/recover

Garchomp, the attacker

Ev'd in attack, speed and hp
Item: Life orb
Moves:
Outrage
Dragon claw
Fire fang
Earthquake

His purpose is just to kill things, hopefully sand veil will help him avoiding some damage

I need help with the others pokemon...at the moment, Ice moves are a big pain, so I was thinking of using a steel pokemon or 2 (Maybe a special attacker Lucario, or a Bronzong), but...I dont know
Some help?

Any pokemon with Ice and Fighting moves can through your team, or even two separate sweepers. You should work on a strategy rather on gathering three pogeys that work good with each other.

I have a relaxed Mudkip I'd like to use to take of dragons. Which spread should I use, one with more Def or with more Sp.Atk?

Edit: Should I risk Blizzard for a more certain KO? Or maybe Avalanche?

I have a relaxed Mudkip I'd like to use to take of dragons. Which spread should I use, one with more Def or with more Sp.Atk?

Edit: Should I risk Blizzard for a more certain KO? Or maybe Avalanche?
I'd say stick with the Swampert with more Def EV's. Swampert usually does better job of acting as a cushion to the physical Dragons such as Flygon and Salamence, while Scizor, Metagross or other Steels with specially defensive EVs would take the role of countering Latias much better than Swampert. Often times Salamence will have gained residual damages from Stealth Rock and Life Orb by the time Swampert comes in, so the extra SpA EVs would be better allocated into Def.

Just go with the standard MixPert below.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
EV: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
~Ice Beam
~Stealth Rock
~Surf/Roar
~Earthquake

For the Ice-type move, I would say choose Ice Beam if you have something that can revenge kill Latias. Most Salamence runs Naive nature and making it specially defensive weaker, so that's where Ice Beam would shine more. Salamence has Intimidate as well, so the damage output from Avalanche might miss the KO.

Could anyone here maybe give me an aipom with fake out? Dont really care about IVs but having max Evs in attack,speed would be appreciated.

I was wondering what kind of deoxys-d moveset and nature will be most useful in the OU environment. I am trying this out with some of my friends and I just don't have any experience with deoxys-d (even in UBERs). Can anyone let me know?

Hey Ragoo you should go look around in the trade section, I think it will be much faster there and since a lot of them will be nice enough I think (hopefully lol).

Deoxys-d is not currently OU (it's Uber, banned in OU), so I don't think it matters. Still, physicall defensive would do well. Also, what you need depends on your theme/style.

Question:

Here's the scenario. I anticipate a Fake Out, so I use Protect. Will Fake Out fail if my opponent tries it next turn?

Deoxys-d is not currently OU (it's Uber, banned in OU), so I don't think it matters. Still, physicall defensive would do well. Also, what you need depends on your theme/style.
as i said, it's with my friend so it's fine.
we are permitting deoxys-d
i understand my need of specific sets depend on my theme and style; however, i don't think it really fits into hyper offensive teams :/
my team style would be bulky offense btw

Hi guys ^_^
I'm organizing a pokemon tournament, and I need some help with the rules/my pokemon team
This is what I tought:<snip>
Since you're running Cradily, why not have something to Baton Pass it some boosts? Blaziken has good synergy type-wise, but I'm not sure passing Cradily Attack or Speed will help it. Scizor can Baton Pass Iron Defense and will help with your Ice weakness, though Bullet Punch won't do much without Swords Dance or Choice Band. Gliscor works with the sandstorm but increases your ice weakness and doesn't pass defenses.

You really need a strategy though. The Baton Passing idea works well if the strategy involves stalling with Cradily. But it's not a great wall really. If OTOH your plan involves sweeping with Garchomp, then maybe not so much. Though a Baton Passing Scizor works there too. It's not standard, but perhaps drop Roost to run Baton Pass, Swords Dance, Iron Defense, and Bullet Punch. It helps to know the likely Scizor counter, and decide whether its more scared by Cradily or Garchomp. Bring in Scizor on something it threatens, use the relevant boost, Baton Pass out. Watch out for faster fire moves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)