5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So then let me get this straight. For the step counter:
-128 is the golden number for frame progression
-Entering/exiting zones (caves, pokecenter, etc) doesn't restart the number or anything
-Saving saves that number and when you load the file it starts from there

All true then?

I got a question about RNGing my ID/SID, when do I hit "A" on the second timer? The rest I know how to do it.
I Hope anyone helps. ^^

Well, I still haven't gotten my first target seed, but I just got ONE FRAME AWAY. So close..

I got a question about RNGing my ID/SID, when do I hit "A" on the second timer? The rest I know how to do it.
I Hope anyone helps. ^^
Set the time on the DS to 1 minute before the target time. Hit "A" (or touch Confirm) to set the time (and start the seconds at 0) at the EXACT same time you start the timer.
The FIRST time the timer expires, hit the Pokemon Black button on the DS menu
The SECOND time the timer expires, touch "yes" in-game to starting the C-Gear (when loading your file, don't have the C-Gear on. load the game, then manually turn it on. Timing hitting the power button to get to the screen where you can hit Yes doesn't matter afaik)

^Not what was being asked.

So then let me get this straight. For the step counter:
-128 is the golden number for frame progression
-Entering/exiting zones (caves, pokecenter, etc) doesn't restart the number or anything
-Saving saves that number and when you load the file it starts from there

All true then?
Yes.

I'm confused on what I need before starting this guide.
Really?

Prerequisites
  • Pokémon Black or Pokémon White
  • RNG Reporter 9
  • Knowledge of how to hit seeds in Generation 4
It doesn't get much clearer than that.

I Hope anyone helps. ^^
  • No asking about RNGing your ID\SID. If you want to be able to find your SID without an AR in the future, write down the time you turned on the game from the DS menu when you first created your save file.)

Does anyone else have problems hitting delays past 10,000? For the life of me I haven't been able to be consistent with any of the 2 seeds I've tried, but that's all the Reporter keeps poping out. The first time I hit it I must have been lucky, because every other time it just jumps around. I just want to make sure it's not me before I become paranoid.

Thank you Omega. I'm out of that hole and back on track.
EDIT: The RNG reporter is reporting my roamer spreads 1 frame later than it's actual position. My target spread is on frame 4 but when I caught my roamer, the desired IV spread was on frame 5, not 4. Should i look for a spread on frame 5 instead? Will i have to do any advances? I recall someone earlier having this problem.
You should look for spreads reported on frame 3, the roamer would then be generated on frame 4, you won't have to advance the frame. Here's my observations on RNGing roamers that you may find helpful:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3394469#post3394469
I forgot to mention in that post that when searching for adjacents for roamers you need to move the Sp. Attack IV to the back and move the Sp. Defense and Speed IVs to the left 1 spot each.

Regarding breeding, has anyone had relatively consistent success without two perfect parents? RNGing a perfect male from the same breed group in 4th gen would be very easy, but if the mother needs to be a 5th gen Pokemon that can't be caught in the wild (Zoroark, fossils, starters, etc.) then I can see that being difficult to breed using RNG abuse.

Does anyone else have problems hitting delays past 10,000? For the life of me I haven't been able to be consistent with any of the 2 seeds I've tried, but that's all the Reporter keeps poping out. The first time I hit it I must have been lucky, because every other time it just jumps around. I just want to make sure it's not me before I become paranoid.
Not that I have tried, but why are you searching for delays so far up? That can only be eating up unnecessary time...you sure there isn't a lower delay/frame seed you can be using instead of that?

Not that I have tried, but why are you searching for delays so far up? That can only be eating up unnecessary time...you sure there isn't a lower delay/frame seed you can be using instead of that?
Actually I was able to find one but thanks.

Ok I have a target frame of 11 so I have to advance the frame by 8. Am I able to use a super repel, walk 128 steps, then use another super repel when that wears off, then walk another 128 steps, all while having 4 Pokemon in my party?

I have to advance the frame by 8. Am I able to use a super repel, walk 128 steps, then use another super repel when that wears off, then walk another 128 steps, all while having 4 Pokemon in my party?
Take a max repel and walk 6 more steps after it has expired. And yes, 4 Pokemon in party is fine.
If you use super repel which lasts for 200 steps, you have to walk 56 more steps after it has expired.

Wouldn't I still have to worry about a wild Pokemon showing up before I finish those 6 steps? Or would that not affect the RNG?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wouldn't I still have to worry about a wild Pokemon showing up before I finish those 6 steps? Or would that not affect the RNG?
To be on the safe side, you should activate another Repel. The Repel does nothing special with the RNG, it's just an easy way to count steps.

I've heard you can re-release Thundurus if you KO it and rebattle the E4, like you could with roamers in Plat and HG/SS. What I want to know is when/where do you re-release it, and when would I need to abuse for it. Is it like HG/SS where it's determined once you beat the E4, or is it like the birds in platinum where you have to talk to a person to re-release them?

I've heard you can re-release Thundurus if you KO it and rebattle the E4, like you could with roamers in Plat and HG/SS. What I want to know is when/where do you re-release it, and when would I need to abuse for it. Is it like HG/SS where it's determined once you beat the E4, or is it like the birds in platinum where you have to talk to a person to re-release them?
When you beat the E4. But it's basically impossible to RNG abuse it there. You have to hit the right IV frame after the Elite 4, but battling advances the frame at a rate of 120 frames per second. At the very least, you will need to battle the Champion.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It does get rereleased but it's almost impossible to RNG at that point because of how fast Tue RNG advances in battle.

Dang it xelite.

Great. So when I released it to get through the story the nature and IVs were set, or just nature? I'd check myself, but I'm in the middle of trying to abuse Cobalion.

Each time I try to access the internet settings to get my MAC address its says, "Please configure your internet settings under the Internet option in the System settings." I am connected to my router and internet but it never works. Anyone else having this problem? and can i use the MAC address under the settings of my DSi?

Turn on your DSi then go to system settings when you turn it on. Press the arrow to go to the next screen to the right twice and click on Internet. Go to Options and you'll see your MAC address. And you can use it with a DSi, I have hit my seed with a DSi for CGear before.

I keep seeing some results on Frame 1 or Frame 2. Is there any way to hit those?
Also if anyone that makes the RNG check this thread, it'd be awesome if we could say "generate BUT only show results on frame x-y"

hey when do you start to RNG your fossil before you get it from the lady or before it is regenerated,and can you sync the nature of it

@ctccromer: Turning on the C-Gear will advance the frame by 2, so the minimum frame for C-Gear abuse is 3 and you cannot hit frames below 3. You will be able to use frame 1 for standard seeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)