5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For Standard Seed Wild RNG abuse, if I have a frame of 10 or something, can I just save 9 times(Or Chatot) then sweet scent?

For Standard Seed Wild RNG abuse, if I have a frame of 10 or something, can I just save 9 times(Or Chatot) then sweet scent?
Since you're talking about PID advancements, I'm going to assume that.

You don't have a starting PID frame of 0. So no. Anything below 40 is impossible to get.

If you're saying you only need 10 advancements. You would need to chatot 10 times, then sweet scent.

Since you're talking about PID advancements, I'm going to assume that.

You don't have a starting PID frame of 0. So no. Anything below 40 is impossible to get.

If you're saying you only need 10 advancements. You would need to chatot 10 times, then sweet scent.
I see. Thank you very much...

I have a couple question about RNG'ing for thundurus (standard seed) who I'm trying to get for my VGC team, firstly
-When should I save before or after the old lady takes me in her house.
-If it is in house then does the RNG reporter account for the steps taken once left in the cut-scene?
-Next the third post states:
Their IVs, nature, and PID are set immediately after it flies away. Battling with the Champion increases the PIDRNG frame by 6, the Roamer is then generated at the Hall of Fame Machine.
This may be a stupid understanding but how can battling the champion change something which has already been set?
- Do I need my secret ID for RNG'ing shinies on non c-gear method?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Save at the very last spot BEFORE exiting the house, after the oldy lady stops talking. As in, when you start, you take 1 step and that's when you exit. It shouldn't affect the IVs. (It didn't when I RNG'ed it)

Not sure about the E4 because I never did it that way, and I don't think anyone else did either but I'm not sure.

Yes you need your secret ID for RNGing Shinies for non-cgear.

I think I see what's happening here (sure someone smarter will correct me if not :) )

'Delay' is the length of time between switching on your game and activating the C-Gear (I think) - in 60ths of a second (whilst the target time is the time you activate it). So with a delay of over 8000 you need to be setting your clock over 2 minutes before your target time.

Luckily the person who wrote EonTimer takes this into account; just underneath the big timer, there's a little note in red saying 'Minutes before target:' - this tells how far back you need to set your DS. If it said 3, for instance, here you'd want to set it to 03.19.

This also answers, sort of, your last point - if you put in 1 second, it recognises (thanks to the settings) that you can't possibly get in-game that fast - so it gives you an extra minute countdown, and tells you to set your clock back an extra minute to compensate.

Hope this helps :)
Wow thanks, yeah the problem was I wasn't taking the Minutes Before Target into account. I have another question now though, if I'm missing my target by a few seconds, and I know I'm hitting 0, how do I calibrate for that? I know for delays you just put it in Delay Hit, and update, but I'm kinda confused about seconds.

I've been doing C-Gear rnging, and now I'm trying to calibrate, but I'm missing my target by a few seconds, and I know I'm hitting 0. I've done this about 5 times, and I'm consistantly missing it by 2-3 seconds. How do I compensate for that in eon timer?

I just had something strange happen to me while working the RNG. I'm trying to abuse for a Thundurus - I wanted shiny, but I've since given up on that and am just going for good IVs and a good nature. The good IVs I have hit, but so far haven't found a good nature.

I decided to try a new seed to see if I could get a better nature there. The results were unlike anything I've seen in RNGing (I've been RNGing since Soul Silver, and have done all my other legends in White already, minus Zekrom and Victini).

The IVs were just as expected, except the HP IV and the Atk IV were reversed.

Full Seed:

4585C58B03C3E5D8
Frame 1

Goal:

31 / 10 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 HP Water

Got:

10 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 HP Water

Couldn't find an adjacent seed with those IVs. Any thoughts on what might have caused this?

Edit: I figured out the problem - I had set "Wild Pokemon" instead of "Roaming Pokemon."

I'm trying to chatter my way to the right nature, but they NEVER make sense. My start frame is 59, target is 68, Timid nature. I chattered 9 times, I got a Rash nature, which is at frame 69. I restarted the whole process and chattered 9 times, and then I got Hardy nature, which is at frame 67. I was like, wtf. Restarted, chattered 9 times, Hardy nature.

So I restarted again and this time, I chattered 10 times, but then I got a gentle nature, and the nearest frame is 65, both nature and gender fits.

I restarted again... chattered once, got a modest nature, male. No frame under 100 that's modest and male... I earlier caught a Boldore, its IVs matched with Method 5-> Frame 18.

What is this? What could I possible do wrong? I haven't check IVs, but they seem correct according to the characteristic.

I'm trying to chatter my way to the right nature, but they NEVER make sense. My start frame is 59, target is 68, Timid nature. I chattered 9 times, I got a Rash nature, which is at frame 69. I restarted the whole process and chattered 9 times, and then I got Hardy nature, which is at frame 67. I was like, wtf. Restarted, chattered 9 times, Hardy nature.

So I restarted again and this time, I chattered 10 times, but then I got a gentle nature, and the nearest frame is 65, both nature and gender fits.

I restarted again... chattered once, got a modest nature, male. No frame under 100 that's modest and male... I earlier caught a Boldore, its IVs matched with Method 5-> Frame 18.

What is this? What could I possible do wrong? I haven't check IVs, but they seem correct according to the characteristic.
Check adjacent seeds. My timer0 fluctuates between C7F and C80, so if I'm aiming for a C7F seed and get an unexpected result, I check the equivalent PIDRNG value for the seed at timer0 = C80 and it's nearly always what I ended up with.

Right click your seed in the time finder and choose "Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame)" then copy the full seed of the adjacent seeds at your target time into the main window, choose Method 5 (PIDRNG) and calculate the initial PIDRNG frame, then check 9 advances down from that - it might be Hardy nature, like you unexpectedly found.

hi im trying to RNG a clamperl which requires fishing. how exactly do i do this? do i use the same process (sweet scenting) then fly to route 4? or something else? please help

I've been doing C-Gear rnging, and now I'm trying to calibrate, but I'm missing my target by a few seconds, and I know I'm hitting 0. I've done this about 5 times, and I'm consistantly missing it by 2-3 seconds. How do I compensate for that in eon timer?
It's as simple as it sounds - if your target is X, and you hit X+2, you need to subtract the amount extra you're hitting from your 'Target Seconds' (and if you're hitting under your target you need to add it).

If you've got RNG reporter open you can just play around with the seconds values and see where you hit until you've found a place where you can consistently hit your seconds and (approximate) delay - then it's just trial and error until you catch your target.

When RNGing with egg to get flawless iv, is it normal to keep getting the same result all the time? (i.e same nature and same ability every egg?)

Check adjacent seeds. My timer0 fluctuates between C7F and C80, so if I'm aiming for a C7F seed and get an unexpected result, I check the equivalent PIDRNG value for the seed at timer0 = C80 and it's nearly always what I ended up with.

Right click your seed in the time finder and choose "Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame)" then copy the full seed of the adjacent seeds at your target time into the main window, choose Method 5 (PIDRNG) and calculate the initial PIDRNG frame, then check 9 advances down from that - it might be Hardy nature, like you unexpectedly found.
No, it doesn't match. It's 8 different seeds though, but it jumped to the last one. I'll check the others. Maybe I should say I'm RNGing eggs.

When RNGing for a flawless solosis, i did all the steps correctly with fram advancement and such. However when i keep hatching the egg, i keep getting:

Male Solosis with 31/31/31/31/31/0 ivs
rash nature and overcoat ability.

When i reset, i always keep getting this same egg. I thought if you reset, you get different eggs with different natures and abilities
Oh and one of my parents are holding an everstone. the parents are a flawless ditto, and a bold solosis

When RNGing for a flawless solosis, i did all the steps correctly with fram advancement and such. However when i keep hatching the egg, i keep getting:

Male Solosis with 31/31/31/31/31/0 ivs
rash nature and overcoat ability.

When i reset, i always keep getting this same egg. I thought if you reset, you get different eggs with different natures and abilities
You need to advance the frame (i.e. chatter) to get different gender/nature/ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)