Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Shibuya has nothing on our kinds of scramble!​
After 500 pages, We decided that the old thread was too long, so we decided that The Scramble Challenge needed a fresh start, so users of Smogon, I present thee with Mark II of The Scramble Challenge!

For your convenience, here are the old Scramble Threads. Have fun reading the many pages these old threads curtail.

The Scramble Challenge MkI

So, You guys might be confused. What exactly is a Scramble Challenge? It is a challenge you effectively have no control of, that is right, other users of this thread will decide the fate of your challenge, though of course, it must definitely be possible, I mean, who in their right mind would try to solo Lance with a Magikarp? If you have got the guts, fine, just post your suffering. We enjoy that.

Moving on, here are the "Unbreakable, MUST Be Followed Rules!"
Rule #1: A scrambler under no circumstance can have more than one of the same Pokemon in a Scramble...Unless your doing an all (Pokemon) run, but...

Rule #2: Under no circumstance can you give out no-evolution...Magikarp, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Unown, Wurmple, Cascoon, Silcoon, Feebas, Kricketot, Burmy, Combee, and Tynamo.

Rule #3: Unless the user who wants a challenge wants one, do not give out a Legendary Pokemon, we do no want to hear about how you soloed the E4 with a Palkia.

Rule #4: When you post to say that you want a Challenge, you must specify...
  • The Version of your game
  • Whether you can trade or not
  • Difficulty (Optional, otherwise, we assume hard)
  • Anything else (Like your rules, what you do/don't want to see, etc.)
Rule #5: Unless Specified, The Standard Number of Pokemon (That do not break your rules) you can accept is 6, first come first serve. Unless Specified, a Challenge giver can only give out 1 Pokemon per Challenge.

Rule #6: You can only reject a challenge you were given ONLY IF it breaks your rules, or if it "Does not fit your difficulty", or if it is one of those downright stupid challenges that nobody would even consider doing, but yeah. If you get a challenge you want to reject but you didn't say no to, too bad. You have to put up with it.

Rule #7: Just have fun. Remember, Scrambles are not Nuzlockes.

E.g. How do you post a Challenge?
User A: Hi, I am looking for a Challenge for Sapphire, no trading, make it brutally difficult.

E.g. How do you Issue a Pokemon?
User B: User A, take a Zubat, name it Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight. If it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out. It can evolve into Golbat whenever, but to evolve again, it must solo 2 of Wattson's Pokemon on the first try. Fail this and it must solo the first Pokemon from each of the remaining Gym Leaders.

Scramble Races (Do people even do these any more?)
(Copied from Mark I)
Apparently, the competitive nature of Smogon has driven some to Races. There are some special rules for races.

The normal rules 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 are fully intact.

Rule 4 is intact, because both of you are playing the same game.

Rule 5 is now this: Your opponent is now the one who decides what you use. Both players are expected to try to give their opponent hard, but fair challenges.

Rule 6 is in no way intact. Use whatever techniques you can to stop your opponent, as long as it does not break the rules.

A new rule: If one of you has access to speed up via emulator, the other must as well. Plain and simple.

If anyone wants some tips on designing a good Scramblemon, you apparently need to read this.

Also because I can, here are some examples of some hard challenges from the old thread.
TalkingLion said:
All right auramaster, you asked for it...

You get I hate you the Caterpie. This Caterpie knows that it is pretty much useless, so it can only fight Pokemon that are a lower level than itself. It is afraid of being slow, so it must always use String Shot whenever a new Pokemon is sent out. It also hates you, and refuses to evolve until it solos the PokeNerd at the end of Mount Moon (The guy with the fossils). Now it is a Metapod, which it will be for most of the game. However, it also hates all of your other Pokemon, so it refuses to switch out of battle. After it solos Misty, it hates you so much, that it refuses to battle until you arrive in Lavender Town. Here it learns about Team Rocket and their evil plans, and starts to hate them more than it hates you. So it must solo all of the Rocket Grunts in Celadon City. After this, it decides to stop using String Shot. It soon realizes that there is a huge amount of Rockets in Saffron City, but it's teammates hate it so much that they don't let him take part in any of the battles at Silph Co. Enraged, it decides to prove it's strength by soloing the entire Saffron Gym (You can go to the PokeCenter in between battles). Now it doesn't care about being a higher level than it's opponent, so that restriction is lifted as well. When you are about to challenge the Viridian Gym Leader, Metapod quickly recognizes him as the leader of Team Rocket, and wants to finish them once and for all. Therefore, it must solo Giovanni. Now it can evolve. Congratulations, you now have a Butterfree. Now, since it evolved this late, it did not learn most of the moves that it should have learned. So, teach it Giga Drain and Psychic, and use only those 2 moves to solo 2 of rival's Pokemon before Victory Road. Finally, it must solo 5 Pokemon from the Elite 4.
bwburke94 said:
@BrazilianGuy:

For your really difficult Gen III ghost, you get NO WEAK the Sableye.

Must learn Astonish, Detect, Knock Off, and Rock Smash ASAP and never forget them.
No TMs or HMs other than Rock Smash.
Must solo Maylene with only Knock Off, and must solo Byron without using Rock Smash.
It can never fight a Normal or Poison-type unless it is your last Pokémon, in which case it must use Detect until it faints and you lose.
Must hold a berry that protects against super-effective non-Fighting damage once you get one; since it has no weaknesses, it will not lose the berry.
Finally, if it faints during the battle against Cynthia, you must immediately soft-reset to your last save, which must be before Aaron. Sorry, but saving during the Elite Four kinda goes against the spirit of the game!

Keep in mind it learns Knock Off at level 29, so you might need to grind a bit if it's lacking on level. One revive is allowed during each of the gym solos, but only one.
Also, If you're still confused, here's some FAQ.

• Yes you can use non Scramblemons, but you cannot use them in battle. The only time you can use them is when you do not have access to any yet...Or when doing a solo run (A One Pokemon Scramble) and you are forced into a double battle with two of your Pokemon. In other words, you are allowed to use HM Slaves.
  • A Solo is defined as defeating a Pokemon/Trainer/Whatever with one Pokemon. If you switch in another Pokemon while attempting the solo, then it is not a solo. In special cases where the solo is extremely hard (e.g. Gligar soloing Candice), then you can send a healer in, as long as it is all they do; act as death fodder while healing up the soloer. They may not attack at all.
  • If you do not specify a number for how many Scramblemons you want, then we will assume you want 6 Pokemon.
  • Yes, if the challenge does not mention anything about evolving, then you can evolve your Scramblemon.
  • The link to the social group is in this post. If you hear anything about SPL or Scramble Awards in the thread, then they are usually announcements.
  • If a challenge is too hard for you, then ask the poster of the challenge to modify it so it is easier to do.
And any more, as soon as I can find them.

Still Confused? Just lurk around first, even look at the old thread, and you will eventually get the gist of it.

Other than that, that is about it. Have fun and Happy Scrambling!

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Its_A_Random's Scramble Challenges compendium

New thread, I will have to migrate my Compendium here.

COMPLETED CHALLENGES
Pearl Scramble - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Final
Sapphire Scramble - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Final
PMD Red Scramble Part I - 1 2 3 4 Final
Pearl No-Evolution Scramble - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Final
Pearl Warm-Up Solo Run - Original Post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Final
Heart Gold Scramble - Original Post
White Scramble - Original Post 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Final
White Scramblocke (Lost) - Original Post
White 2 Challenge Mode Scramble - Original Post 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Final

CURRENT CHALLENGES
Sapphire Nuzlocke - 1 2 3 4 5 6

QUEUED CHALLENGES
N/A

ABANDONED CHALLENGES
Pearl Hard Solo Run - Original Post 1 - Never found the time...
Emerald Scramblocke - Original Post - No Time...
Its_A_Random's Super Random Spectacular Scramble - Original Post 1 2 - Meh, didn't have time...
Sapphire Payback Scramble - Original Post - Bleh, inactivity...
PMD Red Scramble Part II - Original Post - Meh.
Fire Red Nuzlocke - 1 2 3 4 5 6 - Meh.
Pearl Anniversary Scramble - Original Post 1 - Meh.
Fuck you all HeartGold Scramble - Original Post 1 2 - Meh.
White Solo Run (Not technically a Scramble, but Pokemon was randomly chosen) - 1 2 3 4 5 - Meh.

So there is my compendium of Scrambles. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
mmk guys we are here and I'd like to use this chance to steal the first post

I need a Yellow challenge, since I can't do my old one anymore. IDC what it is, throw it at me. accepting the next 6 challenges so long as they aren't retarded

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
TM13, take a Bulbasaur named Powder. It must know & keep Sleep Powder & Poison Powder. Evolve after inflicting both Powders of 5 Different Trained Pokemon, & repeat this on a further 15 to evolve again.

Have fun.

Also, I stole the first post for signature purposes. 8)

Alright everyone, it's time for me to make my own compendium. I'll be doing things a little differently than Its A Random here. Each Challange will have its own post, and this post will simply link to those other posts. This way I don't have to make a new post for every update, just for every new challange, and I won't be spamming up the thread :P.

Current Challange:

Inactive Challanges:
None at the moment.

Completed Challanges:
Standard Leaf Green Scramble Challange
Standard Sapphire Scramble Challange
Hard Blue Scramble Challange
Hard Colosseum Scramble Challange
Hard Black Scramble Challange
Standard Diamond Scramble Challange
Status: Elite 4 beaten, post-game not completed. It's been 2 years or something, I realize I'm not coming back to this one lol.

Abandoned Challanges:
Hard Emerald Scramble (With Video! For some of it anyway) Abandoned when I decided to start a brand new run for my stream than continue this old one. Been so long now I won't be coming back. Abandoned just before 8th gym.
Hard Black 2 Scramble Challange Abandoned due to lack of motivation and a need to restart my Black 2 game.

Last edited:
TM13, take a Sandslash named AJ. When it's a Sandshrew, it thinks that it's AJ's one from the anime, and is super tough. Hence it can take water attacks with no worries, meaning that it needs to battle every water pokemon you fight until he evolves. Also, to evolve, he needs a 100 victories, with at least 50 of them being water pokemon you encounter. As a Sandslash, the only Ground type move he can use is Fissure, since he's a boss like that.

Oh, and he needs to solo Agatha. Enjoy.

Ice, take a Pikachu and name him (BAN ME PLEASE) EGO (If that's too long (BAN ME PLEASE) will suffice)

Rarity truly believes he is rare and elusive, despite you having caught him. Therefore, every time he is damaged in battle, he must switch out for fear of sending his race plumetting into extinction. He can use any moves bar Thundershock and Thunder, because he believes that all things should be in moderation, and refuses to use underpowered or overpowered moves.

In order for (BAN ME PLEASE) EGO to evolve, he must come to terms with that fact that there are, in fact, many Pikachu remaining on the face of the earth. Therefore he must solo Twenty wild Pikachu after acquiring your first Thunderstone.

That is all.

I'd like a super hard challange for my new White file, please!

• I can't trade, so that's out of the picture.
  • I'd like creative challanges that give all my Pokemon a personality or character traits. Make me care about them, and make me grow alongside them!
  • I'd like to have Snivy as a starter, and Eelektross and Beartic in my final party, but feel free to make me work for them.
  • Only cool looking Pokemon as the other three.
  • I'd like to not have "solo 1000 Pokemon to evolve" or joke requirements like that, but since I did ask for super hard, I suppose I may have to expect things along those lines.
  • Two Pokemon to be available by the second gym, three by the fifth.
Originally Posted by Fat Its_A_Random
You get one of "The Three Disabled Monkeys". Which one? Blind the Panpour. Blind is one of the aforementioned Three Disabled Monkeys. This one is blind & cannot see anything at all & is therefore likely to miss everything. To emulate this, it may never use any moves with 100% accuracy in battle...Initially. This means that it's useless until it either gets Cut or Fury Swipes. Eventually, after a while, when you beat N in Nimbasa City, you randomly come across some "Miracle Medicine" that apparently cures blindness!!! You give it to Blind, but it doesn't heal it...Stupid gimmicks...However, you notice some improvement in Blind, & he gains the ability to use status moves with 100% accuracy!!! However, this doesn't last forever, however after either 5 hours game time pass, or Blind faints 10 times, the medicine wears off, & you don't have any more of it...Ultimately, it must solo Drayden. To evolve, it must solo 30 Trained Pokemon.

Recap:
-Blind the Panpour
-No moves with 100% accuracy until you beat N in Nimbasa
-At that point, he can use non-attacking moves with 100% accuracy until Blind either faints 10 times or 5 hours Game Time has passed, whichever comes first
-Solo 30 Trained Pokemon to evolve
-Solo Drayden.
This is good stuff. I'm having a feeling that I'm overlooking a big challenging element of this, so I'm excited to start this one.

Nicholas: Take a Snivy, name it BlackMamba

Your Snivy was once part of the Deadly Pokemon Assasination Team until it was left for dead by their leader Boufallant. Thirsty for revenge it assumes it's old alias (Black Mamba) and compiles a list of old team members to solo. His mind is all made up: he going to KILL BOUFFALANT! *Dramatic theme music plays*

In order to begin the challenge it must find good steel: Hattori Hanzo steel. Don't evolve Snivy until it learns Leaf Blade at level 28. If you want, you may trade a Swords Dance TM to teach it to Snivy. It must also learn Cut as soon as possible. With its ninja sword wielding skills BlackMamba is ready to take on the first rival on the list: O-ren-Ishii, code name: Cottonee. Unfortunately it must plough its way through the crazy 88: Solo every trainer in Castelia City (exclude the battle club to save some exp for the rest of your team). But before you can get to O-ren that bald captain guy challenges you to a battle: Solo Burgh before you continue. After more tedious sword fighting you find O-ren in the “garden”: Head to route 4 and solo Backpacker Anna's Cottonee for your first kill. Don't worry! You're almost through the first movie, things will be easier from here on out =P

After all those ninja swordfights, your Servine could take a little break. It decides to take the plane straight to Mistralton City.. So preferably use your other pokemon until then (it's not mandatory though, but you might want to train your other pokes for a while. Besides, it would make the other gyms more of a challenge.) Anyways, back in Mistralton you pick up the scent of target number two: Gothichead. She'll be waiting for you on top of Celestial Tower. Enraged you solo the entire tower with BlackMamba, most importantly you will solo Ace Trainer Cassandra and her Gothorita.

Phew.. we're in the second movie! We're off to find Budd in his trailer on route 5. Unfortunately he's not at home. Or so we think: We're in for a nasty surprise in the Iccirus-gym: That gymleader looks a lot like a certain antogonist from a movie.. Solo Brycen! While Frost Breath is critting through your X-SpD you never stood a chance... With a shot of hail in you chest you get burried alive in a coffin below the desert. There's only one way out: You'll have to punch yourself a hole out of the coffin. You may not use BlackMamba until he has solo'd 5 Cofagrigus's. (You can find wild ones in the Relic Castle). What doesn't kill you makes you stronger: You may now evolve BlackMamba to Serperior. Not falling for the same mistake twice you surprise Budd on route 9: Solo biker Zeke and his Pawniard.

The fourth on the list the most dreaded of them all: Emboar.. Solo your rival at route 10 to cross the last name off your list. Now all that remains is to kill Boufallant. The game is stalling enough time as it is before you finally face of with Getsis so no more restrictions are needed, except for soloing that damned pokemon that we've been talking about for two movies!

I guess a recap is in order:
- Snivy named BlackMamba
- Evolve to Servine when it learns Leafblade.
- Must know Cut
- Solo every trainer on the streets of Castelia City + Burgh (the crazy 88)
- Solo 5 Cofagrigus before evolving to Serperior (Or solo Brycen, your choice =P)
- Complete "The list"
- Solo Backpacker Anna on route 4 (O-ren-Ishii, codename: Cottonee)
- Solo Ace Trainer Cassandra on Cel. Tower (Vernita Green, codename Gothichead)
- Solo Biker Zeke on route 9 (Budd, codename: Pawnwinder)
- Solo your rival on route 10 (Elle Driver, codename California Mountain Emboar)
- Solo Ghetsis's Boufallant (Bill, too cool to have a codename)
Enjoy
THIS is exactly the kind of challanges I'm looking for. I'm gonna try and solo Brycen for the final evolution, because I'm looking for a challenge. I'm not overly familiar with his movepool though, so I'm having a feeling I'll be fairly out of luck.

Originally Posted by Fat King Serperior
Hewitt, take Oh Snap the Purrloin. It must learn and keep Sucker Punch ASAP. You must also max out Sucker Punch's PP ASAP. Sucker Punch must be used first when Oh Snap enters the battlefield. It cannot switch moves until Sucker Punch's PP has been depleted. If Sucker Punch's PP is depleted at the end of a battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest Pokecenter ASAP. You can extend your time because the move Assist also counts as Sucker Punch. The same restrictions apply.

To recap:
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo one E4 member using only Assist.
This is gonna be a good challange. So, once it runs out of PP in a specific match, it can use other moves, but I have to rush back to a Pokemon Center afterwards? I assume I have to use another Pokemon on the way back to them?

Originally Posted by Fat Texas Cloverleaf
Hewitt, take your Eelektross but it may only use the moves it originally had as a Tynamo, no level up moves, tm's etc. In addition, solo Cheren at lteast once.
This is gonna be damn hard, but it'll be worth it!

5. Reserved for Team Magma Boss Maxie (sorry, Sage Chow's Snivy is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, challanges like that, but if you're still interested please recommend me another one!)

6. Reserved for bwburke94

Still need one of my challanges to be a Beartic, and preferably for the other to be a non-evolution late game member (ie Druddigon, Durant, Bouffalant, something along those lines)
And BrazilianGuy, by cool I was sort of thinking of those non-evolution Pokemon I said above, not the cutesy opening-route Pokemon, but these challanges are fantastic enough to let that slide.

TM13IceBeam: I'd like to give you a Nidoran(male). Call him Stabby, because you're gonna be using a lot of his weapon-like moves! It can only evolve after soloing eight Pokemon with STAB (which is only Poison Sting in Yellow, I believe), two of which being GLMP, and then evolve again after defeating four Pokemon with Horn Drill. After completing these, he has no restrictions!

...Except the need to OHKO three Pokemon from a selection of the last two Gym Leaders, or Pokemon from the Elite Four. Only one Pokemon from each member (IE, if you OHKO one of Blaine's, then you can't OHKO two more to complete the challenge), and it doesn't have to be Horn Drill; it can be any move, as long as it takes someone out in one hit.

Sage Chow's Scramble Compendium

COMPLETED SCRAMBLES

HeartGold Insane Solo Scramble - Full Warstory
Regular Platinum Scramble - Part 1, Part 2
Regular Soul Silver Scramble - Main Post
Christmas Mini Scramble (SS) - Main Post, Update

ON GOING SCRAMBLES
White Teamwork Scramble - Full Warstory

Take a Snivy, name it BlackMamba

Your Snivy was once part of the Deadly Pokemon Assasination Team until it was left for dead by their leader Boufallant. Thirsty for revenge it assumes it's old alias (Black Mamba) and compiles a list of old team members to solo. His mind is all made up: he going to KILL BOUFFALANT! *Dramatic theme music plays*

In order to begin the challenge it must find good steel: Hattori Hanzo steel. Don't evolve Snivy until it learns Leaf Blade at level 28. If you want, you may trade a Swords Dance TM to teach it to Snivy. It must also learn Cut as soon as possible. With its ninja sword wielding skills BlackMamba is ready to take on the first rival on the list: O-ren-Ishii, code name: Cottonee. Unfortunately it must plough its way through the crazy 88: Solo every trainer in Castelia City (exclude the battle club to save some exp for the rest of your team). But before you can get to O-ren that bald captain guy challenges you to a battle: Solo Burgh before you continue. After more tedious sword fighting you find O-ren in the “garden”: Head to route 4 and solo Backpacker Anna's Cottonee for your first kill. Don't worry! You're almost through the first movie, things will be easier from here on out =P

After all those ninja swordfights, your Servine could take a little break. It decides to take the plane straight to Mistralton City.. So preferably use your other pokemon until then (it's not mandatory though, but you might want to train your other pokes for a while. Besides, it would make the other gyms more of a challenge.) Anyways, back in Mistralton you pick up the scent of target number two: Gothichead. She'll be waiting for you on top of Celestial Tower. Enraged you solo the entire tower with BlackMamba, most importantly you will solo Ace Trainer Cassandra and her Gothorita.

Phew.. we're in the second movie! We're off to find Budd in his trailer on route 5. Unfortunately he's not at home. Or so we think: We're in for a nasty surprise in the Iccirus-gym: That gymleader looks a lot like a certain antogonist from a movie.. Solo Brycen! While Frost Breath is critting through your X-SpD you never stood a chance... With a shot of hail in you chest you get burried alive in a coffin below the desert. There's only one way out: You'll have to punch yourself a hole out of the coffin. You may not use BlackMamba until he has solo'd 5 Cofagrigus's. (You can find wild ones in the Relic Castle). What doesn't kill you makes you stronger: You may now evolve BlackMamba to Serperior. Not falling for the same mistake twice you surprise Budd on route 9: Solo biker Zeke and his Pawniard.

The fourth on the list the most dreaded of them all: Emboar.. Solo your rival at route 10 to cross the last name off your list. Now all that remains is to kill Boufallant. The game is stalling enough time as it is before you finally face of with Getsis so no more restrictions are needed, except for soloing that damned pokemon that we've been talking about for two movies!

I guess a recap is in order:
- Snivy named BlackMamba
- Evolve to Servine when it learns Leafblade.
- Must know Cut
- Solo every trainer on the streets of Castelia City + Burgh (the crazy 88)
- Solo 5 Cofagrigus before evolving to Serperior (Or solo Brycen, your choice =P)
- Complete "The list"
The list: said:
- Solo Backpacker Anna on route 4 (O-ren-Ishii, codename: Cottonee)
- Solo Ace Trainer Cassandra on Cel. Tower (Vernita Green, codename Gothichead)
- Solo Biker Zeke on route 9 (Budd, codename: Pawnwinder)
- Solo your rival on route 10 (Elle Driver, codename California Mountain Emboar)
- Solo Ghetsis's Boufallant (Bill, too cool to have a codename)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Nicholas Hewitt, you get an old Challange. Anyone remember those Disabled Monkeys I gave out? Probably not, but here's one of them to refresh people's minds...
Its_A_Random said:
You get one of "The Three Disabled Monkeys". Which one? Blind the Panpour. Blind is one of the aforementioned Three Disabled Monkeys. This one is blind & cannot see anything at all & is therefore likely to miss everything. To emulate this, it may never use any moves with 100% accuracy in battle...Initially. This means that it's useless until it either gets Cut or Fury Swipes. Eventually, after a while, when you beat N in Nimbasa City, you randomly come across some "Miracle Medicine" that apparently cures blindness!!! You give it to Blind, but it doesn't heal it...Stupid gimmicks...However, you notice some improvement in Blind, & he gains the ability to use status moves with 100% accuracy!!! However, this doesn't last forever, however after either 5 hours game time pass, or Blind faints 10 times, the medicine wears off, & you don't have any more of it...Ultimately, it must solo Drayden. To evolve, it must solo 30 Trained Pokemon.

Recap:
-Blind the Panpour
-No moves with 100% accuracy until you beat N in Nimbasa
-At that point, he can use non-attacking moves with 100% accuracy until Blind either faints 10 times or 5 hours Game Time has passed, whichever comes first
-Solo 30 Trained Pokemon to evolve
-Solo Drayden.
Yeah, have fun.

Well just to answer Sage, King and Super from the last thread i am going with Supers challenge
Ok time for me to start(also when do i catch houndour and Slugma, according to my HG account i get them in the Kanto, if so then i am breeding)
Also time for my first challange given in....................ages
To complete the blind monkey thing you must start with a Snivy, name it King. It thinks its the king of snakes, so it must kill any and all snakes you find and any enemies of snakes(birds basically). Can evolve if you solo the first gym, and to evolve again it must solo the 6th gym. Enjoy

Also starting now
Rules:
1. I can reject
2. I want a mono fire team please
3. I only trade to evolve
4. I can breed them if i have too
5. Please dont post Evs for them
6. No evolution restrictions
theres the rules
Team:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Endquote
Team Magma Boss Maxie, take a Slugma and name it Obsidian.
This Slugma likes to cause widespread chaos, so it must spread across enemy ranks.
It can only use status-causing moves or moves with a secondary chance of status against foes with no status condition.

It must give status ailments to at least four gym-leader-owned Pokémon and at least three Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat King Serperior
Magma Boss, quickly take BBQ the Flareon. The only restriction is your restriction: mono-fire ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Axmaster68
Team Magma Boss Maxie, you get BurnFireBlaze(bonus points if you can guess the reference) the Houndour. Must use nasty plot before attacking, and must have only 1 special attack. Solo Blaine for your 15th badge and Erika for your 12th badge, and to evolve, use nasty plot against 55 evolution lines, with either 1 or 2 members(your choice) each. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jimera0
Magma Boss
Take a Magmar named Smokey. Smokey loves smoke, and therefore must always use Smokescreen whenever it's brought into battle. Also, if you accept Box's Cyndaquil, the two hate each other for obvious reasons, and if they happen to get sent out into a double battle alongside each other, they must fight each other until one of them faints before either is allowed to attack the enemy Pokemon (though attacks like Lava Plume can be used to hit everything). So, yeah, try not to accidentally send them out together eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Box
Boss, take a Cyndaquil and name him Eco.

Eco is super green and totally conservation-savvy, therefore he is deeply concerned on the matter of incomplete burning of hydrocarbons and such. He is also aware of global warming and plays his part to mitigate the effects as far as possible.

As a result, he must adhere to the following rules:
- Eco can never use any Fire move bar Overheat, because Overheat cleanly burns everything into ash and is simply heat radiating from his body
- Smokescreen and Toxic may not be used under any circumstance as it pollutes the environment.

- Eco must always know Sunny Day and must always use Sunny Day to brighten up the atmosphere at the beginning of every battle. If the weather changes for some reason, Eco must switch in to change it back as far as possible.

Edit: I was 6 seconds faster than Maxie. Hurrah!

6. [/QUOTE=Super Syanian]
OK, sorry for the delay. Take Growlie the Growlithe. Attacks must be 1 fire damaging move, one non-fire damaging move, a status move, and Hidden Power ASAP. Can evolve when it solos 25 fire Pokemon. Then renickname it Arkie. It must solo 1 gym leader.[/QUOTE]

Hewitt, take Oh Snap the Purrloin. It must learn and keep Sucker Punch ASAP. You must also max out Sucker Punch's PP ASAP. Sucker Punch must be used first when Oh Snap enters the battlefield. It cannot switch moves until Sucker Punch's PP has been depleted. If Sucker Punch's PP is depleted at the end of a battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest Pokecenter ASAP. You can extend your time because the move Assist also counts as Sucker Punch. The same restrictions apply.

To recap:
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo one E4 member using only Assist.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hewitt, take your Eelektross but it may only use the moves it originally had as a Tynamo, no level up moves, tm's etc. In addition, solo Cheren at lteast once.

Also using my first post to say that although I haven't looked at my Hardest Scramble Challenge EVER in a long time, it is still active with the E4 first round completed.

Maybe I'll finish it before this threads 500th page.

LOL at including the Sableye I assigned to BrazilianGuy in the OP. I also notice you misspelled challange in the OP a couple times, IAR.

Updates on my Platinum coming soon. Reserving for Hewitt.

Ice Beam, take a Rattata named Master. To evolve, solo the rival once after you get badge two. It cannot know hms. Must solo one E4 member out of the last 4 and one E4 member. For bonus points have it land the finishing blow on the champ's main Pokemon.

OK. I'm totally bored. I've finished all my last Scrambles but I didn't really have the time to post them because of my exams (Which ended yesterday btw. YAY)
I'll post them when I can be bothered to do so.
In the meantime, I'd like a Pokemon WHITE Scramble Challenge. No Trading (Because I'm lazy) and make it Medium because I wanna have fun, not rage.
I WILL decline if it seems too easy/hard or if I just don't feel like it (lol)
EDIT: OYA, I'd like some variety in the types of the Pokemon as well. =D

【 Challenges 】
N/A

V1ral, You will receive me as your starter. You may be looking at me funny, so I will explain: you get Knight the Snivy. Knight wants to become a King, so he must do honorable tasks. To evolve, Knight must solo at least one Pokemon of each type that deals super-effective damage to grass-types. Once Knight evolves into Servine, change it's name to Prince. Prince still wants to be king, so he must solo at least half of N's teams before evolving. When this task is complete, Prince can evolve into King the Serperior. As a king, he must solo one E4 member, half of N's final team, 2 if Gestis's Pokemon, and land the final blow on Hydriegon. Hydriegon does not count as one of the two Pokemon soloed on Gestis's team.

Nicholas: For me the concept of cool looking is relative. For me, Gengar is a cool looking pokémon, because, man, look to that face, it IS cool, but my sister says it's ugly, so, for her, it's not cool looking. Can you be clear on this point, please?

V1ral: You'll receive a Trubbish from me.

Name it I'mnotrash. He is REALLY upset with the fact that the other mons look to him as trash(sometimes they throw something used on him, thinking his nothing more than a garbage bag.(sad history bro)). He must learn frustration ASAP, but don't need to use it, everybody know that his is frustrated with his life just looking to his face).

He's so afraid to transform itself on trash, that he can't allow himself to fight another poison types(you must see that, on his mind, the fact of a pokémon be a poison type, is so horrible, that you can consider poison mons trash(but he is an exception ;D)) and bug types(c'mon, what you see most close to trash cans????? BUGS!!!!)

But I'mnotrash is not just sadness. He is an angry guy, that REALLY wants revenge. He remembers that when he was a child, every pokémon in the world(to him) looked to him as trash! Trash are you! - he said - so, to represents his fury, to evolve, he wants to fight and kill at least one pokémon form EACH TYPE(exception are Bugs and Poison duh).

After Evolving, he can forget frustration, and live his life well. But, he still can't fight bug or poison types.

Summary:

-Trubbish named I'mnotrash
-Must know Frustration, but don't need to use
-Can't fight Poison or Bug types
-Can evolve after solo one pokémon from each type
-After evolving, don't need frustration, but still can't fight Poison types or Bugs

I said I'll give it to someone, and I really will.

And thanks for the ones that voted in my Shuckle Challenge for the most creative =D

V1ral:

Form me, you shall receive a Maractus. This Maractus will be named DATCACTUS, because that's what it is.

There is one thing that DATCACTUS must do. As soon as N's Carrcosta is sent out, from that point onwards, it must solo N. I suggest that you keep Acupressure for this purpose, although it is optional.

If King's evolution requirement is not fufilled by the final battle with N, DATCACTUS will only have to solo three of N's team, and it will be considered as a count towards King's evolution requirement if he sweeps the rest.

Just another little update form my Platinum Scramble Challenge:

People, something that I'm ashamed of, is that, only after thirteen years playing pokémon, I discovered that eggs can be passed to other versions. Just yesterday. I know, it's ridiculous.

Because of this, I'll pass Sableye's, Surskit's and Yanma's random eggs(I kinda tried to make the best set for me end made Sableye and Yanma have babies with an Adamant everstone nature Ditto, and Surkit with a Modest one, but If the babies born with another nature, It will be just my luck saying goodbye to me as always(and this will probably happen).

Clover and Chumchar will be caught(Chumchar I already have). And Trusty, because of his necessity to solo Gardenia as a disobedient mon, will be transfered form my SS already born(made the same, breed a baby with a MODEST everstone Ditto, but it will hatch in SS and then be passed to Platinum).

And I know, modest Tauros is offensive, ridiculous if someone kill me after looking it, I won't complain, but, my Tauros will only fight with Special Attacks, so, I MUST have the big boost I can have.

This new thread for some reason makes me want to start my first challenge
-Pokémon Black
-Trading is possible, but I'd rather not do it
- Medium difficulty
-I don't want to use any starter pokemon

EDIT: fuck I misspelled challange

Chieliee, take Crackle the Caracoasta. Its ability cannot be Sturdy. It can either have STAB OR Shell Smash. Must solo gym 8 or Catlyn of the E4.
Reserving a Sandile for Chieliee

Chieliee: You'll receive Carnivorous, the Sandile

This Sandile always leaved in the desert, and always had problems to find problems(once, he tried to eat sand, just to imagine how is popcorn =-[).

When you capture it, it notice that there is a hole new world of food for him to eat!!!.

So, to evolve him he need to taste at least ONE MEMBER of each of this evolution chart, pokémons that are common for a crocodile like him to eat:(by taste, you understand solo)

Tepig-Pigs are tasty. BACON!
Basculin - Well, Crocodiles eat fish...
Blitzle - Shocking Zebra yeah!
Deerling - It's obvious, it isn't?
Ducklet - It's often for crocodiles to sleep with it's mouth open, when it wakes up, there is a bird inside it, eating the rest of it's food that still are in it's mouth. Carnivorous wants to eat birds!
Archen - Look above
Patrat - They are ugly and little, but, c'mon, they appear to be tasty
Pidove - Look on Ducklet.

For obvious reasons, Carnivorous can't fight Grass type mons

After it evolves into Krokorok, it noticed how bad it was eating pokémon. So, it decides do eat only plants. Rename it Veggie

To evolve, Veggie needs to eat at least TWO MEMBERS of this evolution chart, pokémons that, for him, are only plants:

Cottonne - Well, is cotton something tasty? Let's discover
Ferroseed - Yeah, let's try to eat this steel-tasted plant
Sewaddle - This thing is so cute, let's see if it's nutritive
Snivy - A snake that is more close to plants than animals is not a snake, it's a plant. Period
Venipede - Just trying to see if bugs are really good(I chinese Sandile said to him that they are)
Foongus - after reading Lord of the Rings, Veggie wants to see WHY Marry and Pippin like mushrooms that much.
Maractus - Just to remember the old days

After evolving into a Krookodile, Veggie hears about global warming, and notice that the ones that are causing the problems on the world are humans, not pokémons that eat meat or plants. So, he decides to kill all the humans(that excludes you, because you appear to be a good human). Rename it Murderer

The moment is the E4, but to allow himself to have a participation on this free fast-food, it must train, by train, he understands that he need to kill humanoid looking pokémon. To complete that task, he must solo the COMPLETE evolution chart of this pokémon:

Darumaka - C'mon, it looks like a human
Sawk - ...
Scraggy - Trying to be a human with this arms
Gothita - Woman are human too
Mienfoo - A Cat that walks on two legs? That's not right. KILL IT HE NEEDS
Timburr- ...
Pawniard - That human are still human

After that, Murderer can participates on the Elite 4 fight. If it fails on one of the three tasks, it can't participate.

Edit: Man, forgot this part: Must learn Bite for obvious reasons, and only substitute for Crunch. Can forget Crunch!

Have fun
Chieliee, use Marty the Blitzle. Marty really likes speed, so you need to teach it Flame Charge ASAP and keep it forever. You also need to use it every time he comes to battle until you outspeed your opponent. Because he wants to show Elesa how its done, you must beat her Zebstrika 1 vs 1 without accuiring any motor drive/lightningrod boosts from luring in electric attacks. Then you can evolve him if you want. Finally, he hates cold so you need to solo Brycen while only using Flame Charge to get to +2 and to keep yourself warm ;)

Chieliee: Take a Mienfoo named Miyagi.

This Mienfoo is hoping to learn karate. When you find him near Dragonspiral Tower, he is being harassed by the Cobra Kai (the Plasma Grunts on the top floor). As a trainer, you will help Miyagi stand up for himself and solo these Cobra Kai members. Do so before grinding him in the wild. The victory is short lived, however, as Cobra Kai Sensai 'Ghetsis Kreese' challenges you to a tournament with only two gyms left to train!

You'd better get to it: Solo either of the remaining gyms to gain some much needed experience points. You may also need to grind versus some wild pokemon. But there is a “wax-on, wax-off” principle that you need to follow: Select one move and use that over and over until it runs out off PP. You may only switch move if you switch routes. Make sure you run out off PP for every attack at least once before you enter victory road. This doesn't apply for trainer battles where you may use any move you want. Miyagi may even solo the 5 Cobra Kai on route 9 (= the bikers) for practice. When you get to victory road Miyagi is fed up with the “wax-on, wax-off” restriction and can use his moves freely until he learns High Jump Kick.

Finally the tournament commences: Kreese sends out his first student, Marshall, with a cunning plan.. When Miyagi easily solo's his team it becomes clear that a low sweep has damaged Miyagi's knee. This means that during round two, against Miyagi's nemesis Johnny N, he can only use High Jump Kick. Solo three of his pokemon so Miyagi can make a truckload of money on a sequel movie.

Have Fun!

- Mienfoo named Miyagi
- Solo the Plasma Grunts in Dragonspiral Tower before grinding him elsewhere.
- Use the same move against any wild pokemon until the PP is depleted: “Wax-on, wax-off!”
- Solo any gym to evolve
- Solo Marshall
- Solo 3 of N's pokemon using HJK
@Chielee, take Envy the Gothita. Envy is jealous as hell that its line is completely outclassed by Reuniclus line. As such, it refused to learn any attacks that attacks commonly used by competitive Reuniclus (Meaning all the attacks listed on this page. That means no Trick Room, Psyshock, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Calm Mind, Trick or Recover). It is also jealous of the Reuniclus line's superior ability, and such takes out its anger by using its own ability (Frisk) the best it can; by stealing shit. It must learn Thief ASAP and use it to steal every item Frisk reveals. In order to evolve it must steal 30 items. In order to evolve again it needs to steal 5 items that are not berries.

Enjoy!
Chieliee, you get Flow the Vannilite. Flow must always have a move in each of these catagories:
1)Flow- Icy Wind
2)Safety- Harden
3)Boost-less- Mist
4)Shocking- Astonish
All of these moves must be kept, but you get to replace one and evolve if you complete these:
1) Solo 15 trainers with neutral STABs
2) Solo at least 2 of a gym leader's pokemon with SE only attacks
3) KO 5 pokemon at +6 Def and use mist against each
To remove another, complete these 2:
1) Solo 25 pokemon with the new move that the move is NFE to each (I assume you mean NVE?)
2) Solo 15 pokemon at +6 Def, 5 of which you must use Mist on, with the new attack, and their STABs must be neutral.
You get to remove another and evolve again if you complete these 5:
1)Solo 2 gym leaders, and Iris/Drayden cannot be soloed.
2)Solo 30 pokemon with SE STABs.
3)Catch 5 more Vannilite/ish, and the 2 with the closest nature to Flow are his parents, which must never faint, and be in a box named Champions, with each having the name Champion.
4)Either Harden or Mist must be with you up to this point, and you must either get to +6 or use mist twice against 55 pokemon.
5)Use an RNG to choose a member of your party, and Flow must always be in your party, along with that member.
Either way, you must give Flow Leftovers ASAP, and you are stuck with one move no matter what.
Started it.

Gonna try to keep track of the challenge in this thread.

Reserving for guy above me.

The monotype run of pearl is Water type, after votes were tallied. I can trade, looking for hard but not masochistic challenges. I can use any pre-5th gen water type. If it's something i cant get on short notice, i may ask you to provide one via gts.

No more than one pure water type, 1 starter from any gen, and no magikarp. Hit me!

Reserving a Sandile for Chieliee

Chieliee: You'll receive Carnivorous, the Sandile

This Sandile always leaved in the desert, and always had problems to find problems(once, he tried to eat sand, just to imagine how is popcorn =-[).

When you capture it, it notice that there is a hole new world of food for him to eat!!!.

So, to evolve him he need to taste at least ONE MEMBER of each of this evolution chart, pokémons that are common for a crocodile like him to eat:(by taste, you understand solo)

Tepig-Pigs are tasty. BACON!
Basculin - Well, Crocodiles eat fish...
Blitzle - Shocking Zebra yeah!
Deerling - It's obvious, it isn't?
Ducklet - It's often for crocodiles to sleep with it's mouth open, when it wakes up, there is a bird inside it, eating the rest of it's food that still are in it's mouth. Carnivorous wants to eat birds!
Archen - Look above
Patrat - They are ugly and little, but, c'mon, they appear to be tasty
Pidove - Look on Ducklet.

For obvious reasons, Carnivorous can't fight Grass type mons

After it evolves into Krokorok, it noticed how bad it was eating pokémon. So, it decides do eat only plants. Rename it Veggie

To evolve, Veggie needs to eat at least TWO MEMBERS of this evolution chart, pokémons that, for him, are only plants:

Cottonne - Well, is cotton something tasty? Let's discover
Ferroseed - Yeah, let's try to eat this steel-tasted plant
Sewaddle - This thing is so cute, let's see if it's nutritive
Snivy - A snake that is more close to plants than animals is not a snake, it's a plant. Period
Venipede - Just trying to see if bugs are really good(a chinese Sandile said to him that they are)
Foongus - after reading Lord of the Rings, Veggie wants to see WHY Marry and Pippin like mushrooms that much.
Maractus - Just to remember the old days

After evolving into a Krookodile, Veggie hears about global warming, and notice that the ones that are causing the problems on the world are humans, not pokémon that eat meat or plants. So, he decides to kill all the humans(that excludes you, because you appear to be a good human). Rename it Murderer

The moment is the E4, but to allow himself to have a participation on this free fast-food, it must train, by train, he understands that he need to kill humanoid looking pokémon. To complete that task, he must solo the COMPLETE evolution chart of this pokémon:

Darumaka - C'mon, it looks like a human
Sawk - ...
Scraggy - Trying to be a human with this arms, must die
Gothita - Woman are human too, so, kill them all
Mienfoo - A Cat that walks on two legs? That's not right. KILL IT HE NEEDS
Timburr- ...
Pawniard - Dead human are still human

After that, Murderer can participates on the Elite 4 fight. If it fails on one of the three tasks, it can't participate.

Edit: Man, forgot this part: Must learn Bite for obvious reasons, and only substitute for Crunch. Can forget Crunch!

Have fun

Chieliee, take Crackle the Caracoasta. Its ability cannot be Sturdy. It can either have STAB OR Shell Smash. Must solo gym 8 or Catlyn of the E4.

Edit: New Thread-------Old Challange:

1. Scyther(Reaper): If its ability is swarm, only use moves with under 60BP. If its abbility is technition, only use moves with over 60BP. Must solo Jasmine.

I am using Tech for this challenge: it will have the moveset: Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Steel Wing(until I get to Iron Head), and Brick Break. Looks to be reliable and powerful.

2. Chikorita(Blossom): Must learn and keep Natural Gift ASAP. Can only evolve after soloing 2 trainer-owned pokemon with Natural Gift(completed) and then again by doing the same9(completed). Must solo 3 E4 pokemon, each one belonging to a different one.

Looks like he will struggle until it evolves, but the he will destroy(hopefully) with this move set: Natural Gift(required via Challenge), Poision Powder, Strength, and Magical Leaf.

3. Buneary(BunBun): Must use moves with 5PP when possible. Solo one gym with NVE moves(completed). Must use special moves when possible.

Thanks to Axemaster's loophole, BunBun will know: Rain Dance, Jump Kick, Foresight, and Return. She will not be my strongest member, but she will do what she can with what she has.

4.Sandshrew(TucknRoll): Must learn and keep Rollout and Rapid Spin(completed) ASAP. Must use one of said moves first when it is sent out. It must solo 5 pokemon with Rapid Spin(completed) and 20 pokemon with Rollout(completed) to evolve. Must solo Whitney(completed), Lt. Surge, and Blaine.

It will be a solid team member with ihis moveset: Rapid Spin and Rollout(required via Challenge), earthquake(for psudo-EdgeQuake with Rollout and STAB), and Shadow Claw(for coverage).

5. Dratini(A1 after its giver): Must CATCH a Dratini/Dragonair and put it in the Dacare ASAP. Must leave it in there for at least 10 levels. No TMs. HMs are allowed. When taken out of the Dacare, it must keep all moves it has forever. Must solo Lance.

Once I catch it, I am teaching it Waterfall and Surf and then putting it in the Dacare until level 51 when it learns Outrage and Dragon Dance!!! It is going to be Uber strong. Going to use Lance's Gyra as set-up bait with Dragon Dance until +6+6. then sweep for the victory:)

6. Pikachu(GODCHU): Can only use moves that Ash's Pikachu has used. Must be Male(completed). Must hold the item Light Ball(a curse word to find)(completed). Cannot evolve because Ash has a Pikachu, not a Riachu. Must solo one gym(completed) or Solo Red's Pikachu and Venasaur.

Will absolutly destroy all who oppose it early to mid-game and then fall out of favor due lack of stats. Its moveset will be: Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, and Quick Attack.

Chieliee, use Marty the Blitzle. Marty really likes speed, so you need to teach it Flame Charge ASAP and keep it forever. You also need to use it every time he comes to battle until you outspeed your opponent. Because he wants to show Elesa how its done, you must beat her Zebstrika 1 vs 1 without accuiring any motor drive/lightningrod boosts from luring in electric attacks. Then you can evolve him if you want. Finally, he hates cold so you need to solo Brycen while only using Flame Charge to get to +2 and to keep yourself warm ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)