Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reffing Ullar and Simon.

==

Hi I am looking for a battle.

OPEN CHALLENGE
2v2 Singles
Infinite Recovers / chills
DQ: 48 Hours
Abilities: All
Items: On (I'll be using an Exp Share, you can use whatever you want)
Switch: OK
Restrictions: BST Sum of your two Pokemon may not exceed 30.

Arena: Frozen Vault

At the end of each round, Articuno flies down from the Vault and either attacks all Pokemon with Icy Wind or the Pokemon with the lowest HP with Ice Beam. Articuno has 3 SpA, STAB on Ice, and cannot be attacked.

Reffing Ullar and Simon.

==

Hi I am looking for a battle.

OPEN CHALLENGE
2v2 Singles
Infinite Recovers / chills
DQ: 48 Hours
Abilities: All
Items: On (I'll be using an Exp Share, you can use whatever you want)
Switch: OK
Restrictions: BST Sum of your two Pokemon may not exceed 30.

Arena: Frozen Vault

At the end of each round, Articuno flies down from the Vault and either attacks all Pokemon with Icy Wind or the Pokemon with the lowest HP with Ice Beam. Articuno has 3 SpA, STAB on Ice, and cannot be attacked.
Reffing this when it gets an acceptor

Open Challenge!
1v1 FE battle!
DQ: Two Days
Arena: Unown Soup
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go Seismitoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to Swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter Unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three Unown) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an Unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Come at me, bro/brosephine!
Accepting.

No items.
Switch: Pointless.
One Ability.
2 Substitutions per Round.
Need a ref for this.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
OK, let's go.

2v2 Doubles (I'm using FE mons, but it's your choice on the mons)
ASB Arena
1 Day DQ
2 Chills / Mon
1 Recovery Move / Mon

Requesting Items at very least give access to training items.

Open challenge
5 vs 5 singles
Arena: Icefall Cave
On Four Island, a large, icy cave cuts into the rock. While not particularly famous, it still holds an object of notable value to explorers defended by a Lapras at the far end of the arena. To get there, four rooms must be crossed:

1) The first room is dominated by a large waterfall, with most of the arena (all but the start and end) being flooded. As it is an arctic cave, no weather but hail may be used, sun-based attacks will fail, earthquake is a really bad idea (banned), and grass knot won't work. In order to traverse the water, a player must have a flier or a Pokemon that knows surf. In order to cross the waterfall, a Pokemon must use fly or waterfall to raise it and its trainer up to the upper part of the first room. Once in the upper part of the first room, a player may enter room two.

2) Room two is the basement room, and the floor is dominated by ice, giving all grounded Pokemon a 50% chance to hit themselves in confusion. Freeze rates are tripled down in this room. It may be entered or exited at any point in the room by ladder. Earthquake, all non-hail weather and sky-related effects, and moves requiring plants are banned.

3) The Ground Floor is divided into a northern and southern part. Players enter from the northern part, but can only reach room four from the southern part. Seperating the two parts is a large gap of unstable ice. This can be crossed by airborne Pokemon, Ice Types, or Pokemon with a weight class under three. The ice can be shattered by standing upon it or crossing by ground without using a Run! command (7 energy cost) that will allow a trainer to cross, but shatter the ice. Any area of effect attack will break the ice as well. Once on the southern side of the room, a trainer may enter into the final room. Falling through the ice will take the trainer back to room one.

4) Lapras Room: In the last room, a Lapras with a nature boost in all stats (+1 Rank), including HP (+1 Rank). It will have a full movepool and unlimited energy, and always order last. Scoring the final blow on it will restore all Pokemon in the party to full health. Arena works the same as room one.

Moving through rooms is the big mechanic. As their orders, a player may PM, "Move into room X" where X is a room they have access to. If the other player attacks, they will take a full round's worth of damage, but move into the other room. If both players make the same move, both moves will succeed. If two players try to cross through the same door, but in opposite directions, whoever PM's orders first will move through, but the second will stay in place.

If this is switch=OK, switching a Pokemon will occur before the round starts and it will be reffed as normal. Both players will PM actions to the ref without knowledge of the other's orders. The goal is to beat your fellow explorer and prevent them from getting to the treasure before you by reaching the fourth room and beating Lapras, or simply eliminating all five of the opponent's Pokemon.

2 day DQ
Actions sent by PM
Wifi-clause (team preview) OFF
2 Subs
Unlimited chills or recovers

Wow my battles ended quickly...

Open Challenge
1v1 Training NFE Singles
1 Day DQ
Training Items Only
One Ability
ASB Arena

I FINALLY REUPHOLSTERED MY TEAM WITH THE STATS THEY'RE MEANT TO HAVE
From August :P
My team is infinitely more proficient now~~

Battle request time~~~~

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Weakmons
3 Day DQ
No Items
All Abilities

ARENA: Default. There you go, Alch~

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
6v6 Triples
Only "LC" Pokemon allowed, but evolution is allowed when Pokemon is released
3 day DQ
All Abilities
5 chills/5 recovery
Arena: ASB Arena

6v6 Triples
Only "LC" Pokemon allowed, but evolution is allowed at the start of the battle
3 day DQ
All Abilities
5 chills/5 recovery
Arena: ASB Arena
I haven't done a triples in a while. Very well. Have at you!

Switch = OK
Items = Not OK
Substitutions = 1

And while I'm at it, I'll issue my own challenge.

3v3 singles
I will be using Scyther, Porygon and one other unevolved mon on my team
3-day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: The Inventory

Basic features: No external water source, no natural elements (ie, grass and rocks), digging permitted, seismic moves permitted, weather and SolarBeam not permitted.

This is the club where Max, Strong Bad, the Heavy and Tycho frequently play poker. In this battle, they are currently playing a game of Texas Hold 'Em, but if any seismic moves (Earthquake, Bulldoze, Magnitude or Fissure) are used, one of the poker players will take interest in the battle and come over to watch. However, if they get bored of the battle, they'll go back to the poker table. Each character's presence will have a different effect on the battle and each one has a different criterion that must be met for them to keep watching.

When determining which character comes over to watch when there is a seismic move, pick one at random who is currently at the table and has not already been chosen that round, with equal chances for each available character. Characters whose interest is piqued during a round will come over to watch the battle at the end of that round. While they are watching, their presence will have an effect on the battle, but in order for it to be maintained, all active pokemon must fulfil certain criteria each round. If they don't, then at the end of the round, characters who have lost interest will go back to the poker table. They can be brought back by more seismic activity though.

Here are the characters, the effects they have on the battle and the ways in which their interest can be maintained:
  • Max
    • While he is watching, Max will use his latent psychic powers to find out what each pokemon is planning to do, and use his big mouth to blurt out this information, effectively giving all players one extra substitution.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must not use the same move twice in one round, and no two pokemon may use the same move in the same action.
  • Strong Bad
    • While he is watching, Strong Bad will make fun of the pokemon, increasing the BAP of all of their damaging moves by 2.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must deal at least 25 non-passive damage each round to at least one of their opponents.
  • The Heavy
    • While he is watching, the Heavy will periodically give out Sandviches, causing all pokemon to heal 5 HP per action.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must finish each round with at least as much HP as 15 less than the amount they started the round with.
  • Tycho
    • While he is watching, Tycho will use his 20-sided die to influence the outcome of the match, increasing all secondary effect chances by a flat 10% after other modifiers.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must use at least one non-STAB, non-Normal-type move each round.

Switch = OK
Items = Not OK
Substitutions = 1

3v3 singles
3-day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

Basic features: No external water source, no natural elements (ie, grass and rocks), digging permitted, seismic moves permitted, weather and SolarBeam not permitted.

This is the club where Max, Strong Bad, the Heavy and Tycho frequently play poker. In this battle, they are currently playing a game of Texas Hold 'Em, but if any seismic moves (Earthquake, Bulldoze, Magnitude or Fissure) are used, one of the poker players will take interest in the battle and come over to watch. However, if they get bored of the battle, they'll go back to the poker table. Each character's presence will have a different effect on the battle and each one has a different criterion that must be met for them to keep watching.

When determining which character comes over to watch when there is a seismic move, pick one at random who is currently at the table and has not already been chosen that round, with equal chances for each available character. Characters whose interest is piqued during a round will come over to watch the battle at the end of that round. While they are watching, their presence will have an effect on the battle, but in order for it to be maintained, all active pokemon must fulfil certain criteria each round. If they don't, then at the end of the round, characters who have lost interest will go back to the poker table. They can be brought back by more seismic activity though.

Here are the characters, the effects they have on the battle and the ways in which their interest can be maintained:
  • Max
    • While he is watching, Max will use his latent psychic powers to find out what each pokemon is planning to do, and use his big mouth to blurt out this information, effectively giving all players one extra substitution.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must not use the same move twice in one round, and no two pokemon may use the same move in the same action.
  • Strong Bad
    • While he is watching, Strong Bad will make fun of the pokemon, increasing the BAP of all of their damaging moves by 2.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must deal at least 25 non-passive damage each round to at least one of their opponents.
  • The Heavy
    • While he is watching, the Heavy will periodically give out Sandviches, causing all pokemon to heal 5 HP per action.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must finish each round with at least as much HP as 15 less than the amount they started the round with.
  • Tycho
    • While he is watching, Tycho will use his 20-sided die to influence the outcome of the match, increasing all secondary effect chances by a flat 10% after other modifiers.
    • To keep him watching, all pokemon must use at least one non-STAB, non-Normal-type move each round.
I'll take that, Objection.

Switch = OK
Items = Off
All abilities
1 Substitution

I'll be using Flarelm, Wartortle and Shelgon.

Switch = OK
Items = Not OK
Substitutions = 1

3v3 singles
3-day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

• Max
  • Strong Bad
  • The Heavy
  • Tycho
I'll take that, Objection.

Switch = OK
Items = Off
All abilities
1 Substitution

I'll be using Flarelm, Wartortle and Shelgon.
Reffing, PM me your unknown mon Objection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)