Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm leaning towards Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, if it's that important to you. Please tell me how this justifies something completely unheard of over type combinations that already exist.
Alright, there's Reshiram with Fire/Dragon, Zekrom with Electric/Dragon, and Kyurem with Ice/Dragon. I don't see why Game Freak would suddenly abandon Kyurem's Dragon typing for these formes.

Maybe next Gen (a bit too early but) they can do something like what they did to Rotom, and just do another type change. And just stick to the Ice/Dragon Kyurem already has regardless of it's looks and it's movepool.

Nope. I was feeling the exact same thing. A lot of people were.

BTW, it is way too soon to speculate if Hoenn is going to be in this game, we will have to just wait and see. Which at the rate everything is revealing itself shouldn't take long at all. We might see gameplay pics next week for what I know.

Edit: We might see gameplay pics by tomorrow. O_o
Are you just assuming, do you really have any reason to think we'd see gameplay tomorrow? That'd be awesome, just hoping it's true XD

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, there's Reshiram with Fire/Dragon, Zekrom with Electric/Dragon, and Kyurem with Ice/Dragon. I don't see why Game Freak would suddenly abandon Kyurem's Dragon typing for these formes.

Maybe next Gen (a bit too early but) they can do something like what they did to Rotom, and just do another type change. And just stick to the Ice/Dragon Kyurem already has regardless of it's looks and it's movepool.
I think GF doesnt want to disappoint players by repeating the dragon/electric, dragon/fire typings

It's all clear now.

N flied to Hoenn.
Giovanni is probably gonna escape with Reshiram too, and you gotta take Kyurem with you in Hoenn.

And before you say "Team Rocket is dead", explain why the anime featured a redesigned outfit for Jessie & James and the last Rocket Grunt from HGSS is in BW1. It's gonna happen.
this

This is what should be the new storyline for black and white 2 if they include hoen.
1) Team Aqua and Team Magma have ressurrected, and they have taken complete control over the Hoen Region, and they have their eyes set on the Unova Region.
2) Your a tennager in the FBI and your mission is the join either team Magma or Team Aqua, and climb the rankings, and take down the opposing team gain your team trust and them down from the inside out.
3) Team Aqua is after Kyruem to freeze the earth b/c of global warming, while Team Magma is after Reshram to burn the earth so they can start all of civilation all over to the stone ages to create a better earth.
4)While you are in either Team Aqua or Team magma, you have to challenge the pokemon league, and particapate in the Tournament, win the tournament, then challenge the elite four, then challege the champion, then dissolve Team Magma and Team aqua.
5) After you dissolve the Team Magma and Team Aqua, Kyruem and Reshram are set free and they are upset and Kyruem freezes part of Hoen and reshram burns part of unova
6) kyruem and Reshram create two new island and new pokemon, and you have to capture him to stop him from starting the second ice Age.
Hey I like this idea for real. Next they should add that pokemon can follow you againi like in HGSS. And maybe even being able to change your character's skin color? maybe

I think GF doesnt want to disappoint players by repeating the dragon/electric, dragon/fire typings
True, so I think now that someone suggested it, that Game Freak would keep the Ice/Dragon typing and wait until the next generation (which is coming by fast, evidenced by the rapid anime progression and the fact that Maloetta was also apparently revealed) to put in the triple type coding into the new games because as of BW, waterwarrior said that there's no coding for triple typings.

If they go for the name "Grey", I'll be annoyed. Could they somehow be any more predictable? And what about all the people spelling it "Gray"? My bet's on a third game in the B/W series, but it won't be called Grey/Gray.
Technically 'gray' is the American spelling and 'grey' is the British spelling...

But back to the subject, wow, I was not expecting this. They're finally breaking the pattern :D

What I see is most likely is forms similar to the original Rotom-A forms; same typing, special move, probably a stat change. This change may be brought about by interaction with items (like rotom or deoxys), or a held item (such as giratina-o) which may possibly have the added effect of boosting the power of fire/electric moves from kyurem (which would only really apply if fusion flare/bolt get added to its movepool via tutor or in the forme change mechanism as well).

Take My Money Nintendo

After collecting my thoughts and emotions on this, here's my two cents/speculations:

• If the Kyurem formes stayed Dragon/Ice, I'd lol pretty hard. (Much like Rotom-A in Plat)
  • Anyone who was expecting "Grey" seriously got trolled.
  • Battle Frontier or an equivalent of it, please. Subway is cool and all, but I'd like the Factory back. Or at least incorporate a Factory Subway.
  • I doubt they'll put in Hoenn, but we'll let time decide.
  • More legendaries? (Remember the birds and Regis in Plat?)
  • Tutor Moves. I don't doubt this.
  • More exploration in the main story. Keep in mind that players only explored the western side of Unova until you beat N(oob) and Dennis.
  • More backstory on N. Probably some explanation of how Dennis got his hands on the Orbs that correspond to the Sinnoh Dragons.
  • Pokédex will still be Unova exclusive until you beat the main story.
  • CONTRARY SERPERIOR
  • Y U NO 3DS EXCLUSIVE? But still, if most people playing Mons still use the DS, then stick with it.
  • Triple typing sounds like bull.
  • Moar Triples/Rotations
  • Too many ideas, ahhhh >.>
Whenever this comes out in the US (Either Fall 2012 ~ Winter 2013), I'll probably pull of a 'Conquest Mode' and finish it in less than two days real-time like my Black, unless the main story is extended. Personal tradition dictates that I get B2, as I always get the first title of two.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have a theory:

Remember how the first Generation started with red and green, then was re-released as red and blue? Maybe they're doing the same thing here. If the fifth Generation is an expy of the first, these new games would be improved versions with new content added.

Triple-typing sounds a bit far fetched, but they could easily program new abilities for these Kyurem formes. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, and it sounds good; the new formes will be Dragon-typed, and they'll have abilities that give them Ice-type STAB to complement their Electric and Fire typing, or both be Dragon / Ice types with either Fire- or Electric-type STAB via the new ability.

Game Freak could easily program in a few new moves or abilities ect. if they do this.

What do you guys think of the idea that the typing will be ice/fire and ice/electric, but they will each have an ability similar to adaptability for dragon types effectively giving it three attacking STABs but 2 types for defense? This way the games would still be compatible with black and white 1

How do the legendaries get like that: The fusion dance or potarie earings (Things that make Vegito in DBZ) /End bad joke)

Now that that is out of my system....I wana respond to the hopes for 3 type pokemon. If they did it once for, like, this legendary as sort of a unique thing and for no other pokemon it would be nice, but if they gave it to other pokemon it would feel kinda...meh. Hopefully in terms of U.S. release we get lucky with a late fall/early winter timing hopefully. Spring like usual wouldn't be too bad I guess though. Also am I the only one sort of happy about no grey/gray version? Gray makes people think like "Grey skies" meaning depression, maybe that's why they didn't use Gray. And considering the ending of Black and White a Direct Sequel sort of makes more sense.

1. @nickscor I could go on a whole rant on why expanding N's backstory is the exact opposite of the character, but nows not the time/place.
2. @zachdennett/all This ability giving it Dragon STAB doesn't exist in BW1, so they're not compatable.

Patches would be the best freaking thing ever...

Why is everyone talking about Hoenn? I think Unova is enough for one game. Also, Hoenn is based off of Japan, and Unova is based off of NYC. I think having Hoenn in the game would totally ruin the theme of Unova being a separate country and a call-back to Gen I.

From a metagame perspective, unless the kyurem forms have stats that will make arceus wet his pants, I don't see them really make a huge splash in ubers, but but i'm really exicted that keldo was on the movie poster, conforming it will be released and in the forcible future. Will rain running rampant I could see kick ass, and I loved it dw ou when I played that back at the start of Black and White

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Black and White 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Also the reversed legends probably has to do that N caught the opposing legend in the first games. Remember he flew off so maybe he even went to Hoenn ;D God that would be so awesome. So seriously if this is a sequel to the story N is gunna be heavily involved.

God this is so cool.

Also Dragon/Ice typing with Abilities to give pseudo-Fire/Electric Stab.

Would be nice if the games included more double/triple battles for trainer battles and introduced more doubles/triples(new) in wild battles.

1. @nickscor I could go on a whole rant on why expanding N's backstory is the exact opposite of the character, but nows not the time/place.
2. @zachdennett/all This ability giving it Dragon STAB doesn't exist in BW1, so they're not compatable.

Patches would be the best frwaking thing ever...
No. 2 may be possible.
Platinum introduced forms which weren't compatible with D/P.
I don't see why they couldn't do the same with an ability.

What they need to add is more Ice Type pokemon in the new game,maybe even adding a new Snow Warning pokemon. A pokemon league tournament like in the anime, so it can last longer, and like what @Slowking12 stated earlier in the thread, joing a criminal gang. I would definetly buy this game.

No. 2 may be possible.
Platinum introduced forms which weren't compatible with D/P.
I don't see why they couldn't do the same with an ability.
1. Levitate/Serene Grace already existed
2. These formes weren't allowed on wifi anyways, and we're reverted to their original forme.
Edit: 3. Guys, this isn't Skyrim. You cant join everything. It can't be a gigantic RPG that enthralls you even after 1000 hours of gameplay with ever-new things to do. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)