VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah bro, it'll be tight. Honestly, I still have no idea what I'll use. I'll probably get serious 2 or 3 days before the tournament and finalize the team in the plane. See you all there!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So this thread tempted me to check plane fare....$600 to Indianapolis at the minimum if I leave at odd hours of the day. Goddammit. :(

Pretty sure I have the team finalized, just need to get even better at using it. Chance I will be leaving early Sunday evening that weekend but not overly sure yet

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So this thread tempted me to check plane fare....$600 to Indianapolis at the minimum if I leave at odd hours of the day. Goddammit. :(
Check out flights to Chicago and then use Greyhound to get down and back up. That's what I'm doing. It's $100 - $150 cheaper each way this way. I wish TPCi would just hold the events in cities like Chicago where more planes fly and prices are cheaper.

Check out flights to Chicago and then use Greyhound to get down and back up. That's what I'm doing. It's $100 - $150 cheaper each way this way. I wish TPCi would just hold the events in cities like Chicago where more planes fly and prices are cheaper.
Yea, I originally intended on flying but the prices were jacked. Last year we drove but my Dad doesn't want to come this year and my mom is chicken of driving, so lucky for me I can just take two buses from where I live and its rediculously cheap.

I'm out. please forgive me.
WHAT

EDIT: I also second the notion of Chicago as the home to an event, possibly Nationals. It's simply outclasses Indianapolis as a city, is easier to travel to by air (although it's another three hours' drive for east coasters), and is home to quality users.

EDIT2: The heck this is not what I want my 1k to be.

I completely agree.

Im now trying to see if im even 100% able to go. I might be missing another nationals again. Hopefully by next week I can determine if im able to go.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Chicago is just as expensive. I mean it's partially my fault, plane tickets are always more expensive closer to the date of travel, but a more "central" location would be a good idea. Then again, renting out a place might be cheaper in a less popular destination...probably why NorCal regionals aren't in San Francisco, or SoCal regionals aren't in LA proper.

just wondering would the travel allowances for 2nd-4th place cover greyhound/amtrak tickets or is it strictly for flying?

Not ready with my team yet, really indecisive, but I feel this year will be more interesting than past years due to nats being open this year.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
  1. Registration FAQ said:
    Though the official registration times are 8:00 A.M.–8:30 A.M., Masters division players may get in line in the Event Hall as early as 7:30 A.M. Junior and Senior division players (registration times 2:00 P.M.–2:30 P.M.) may begin lining up as early as 1:00 P.M. Event staff will begin registration early, if possible. To proceed through registration, your registration slip must be completed. You may only register yourself, and you must be present to register.
I'm not sure if this has been stated very openly before. It's very interesting that they have the masters playing early again... I hope no one will be late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)