Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Well now that i boxed Cole Train, I only have WhoreTerra left. Thank god I can use Dag as an HM whore. After the gym battle, I heal up and still try to figure out if this is real life or not. That crackhead Faggle is going off the walls and shit and he runs away in an instant. I get back to Jubilife and Team Galactic or whatever they're called is holding up the professor. Me and his assistant double team those scoundrels and I move on my way. I use Rock Smash with Dag and get out of the cave and I am pissed it is the same route, mehh. Get into Flouroma Town and I see more of these fruitcake looking motherfuckers and decide to avoid them until I can catch a second pokemon. My first chance is at Valley Windworks and i run into a Buizel. I am fine with that and after a couple Absorbs I catch this fucker on the first try. I name him Moist because all the girls I know hate that word. He is Level 10 so it won't take too much grinding. Thankfully, he is ADAMANT. Finally a good nature.

I start training him and in his 2nd battle he almost faints to a Shellos. I better take better care of this guy. Well he starts doing a little better and once he gets to level 13 I figured I could try him out against those Galactic (BAN ME PLEASE). The dude only has a Stunky and he poisons me, so is dead, technically. I leave him in since i do not want WhoreTerra to get poisoned, but Stunky killed him with Fury Swipes. I am a little worried now :[ Ok, well he used Fury Swipes against WhoreTerra and it basically did nothing and I killed him with Tackle. FUCK. Faglactic guy numer 2. And he has a fucking Zubat. I think it is gonna be over. Fucking Supersonic, ugh. Hit myself the first time.Snapped out on the second turn and i proceed to kill with Tackles. Great, Zubat part 2. 2HKO. Another close call. Well I saved this dude from getting his honey stolen and the (BAN ME PLEASE) leave the key I need behind so now I am off to Valley Windworks again.

Time to battle the dude in fron tof the door there. He leads with a Glameow. Ehh, shouldn't be a problem. We trade crits but I survive and I get access! I go in a beat the first guy no prblem. The second guy has a Glameow I make quick work of and then he tosses out a Stunky. I am fucking scared. HE MISSED POISON GAS. HE MISSED TWICE!!!!!! I fucking hate this challenge. AND WhoreTerra is evolving! Now that I have a Grotle, he is pretty hardbody. I run to the pokecenter to heal up since I am going to be in basically a gym battle coming up.

Commander Mars in this bitch. Zubat Toxic's me. Its over. WHAT THE FUCK. God damn it...Grotle, I am sorry. Well, I kept with the battle conditions with using only NVE moves and I beat his Zubat, but Toxic kills me, even though he was dead by the rules anyway. Now I'm kinda disappointed because I thought I would make it to the 2nd gym. I guess I shouldn't try to do such a hard Gaunt-Locke challenge, or a Guant-Locke challenge at all. Well it was fun in the mean time. Ive never had to take a gym battle so serious. Good luck to whoever else who dares to try this.

Alright guys, I'm finally back, and with a MASSIVE update!

I started off by grinding Venipede in the forest. He's a fricking toxic staller - Poison Sting seems to have like a 50% poison chance, and with protect, no non-poison type was a problem for him. We trained until Phobia learned a good move (Poison Tail) and then I headed on to Castelia. Receiving the water stone, I decided to evolve Panpour once it learned a good STAB move, since I can always use TM's like Ice Beam and Surf if I need to, and he was currently kinda weak. The foursome scaled Company Tower, and defeated all the employees, as well as the eccentric Janitor-CEO. Along the way, both Phobia and Chimpaqu evolved (Chimpaqu as soon as it learned Scald).

Team Plasma was up to their usual shenanigans, and were easy to defeat. Burgh, on the other hand, was more difficult. The Dwebble and it's Smack Down was a big threat towards my Whirlipede, but with the Eviolite you can find in Castelia, it became more easy, enough for Whirlipede to clinch the victory.

ThePhalanx, you must solo Burgh with a Pokemon from Pinwheel Forest. You may not use Pansear or Simisear for this solo.
CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Moving on from Castelia, Bianca and Cheren attempted to challenge me, but were no problem for the fantastic four. They made short work of all the trainers in the Desert and in Desert Resort, easily cleaning house and earning a lot of EXP. While doing this I encountered a Darumaka; I wasn't originally going to catch it, but after it very nearly 2HKO'd my Eviolite Blitzle, I realized it's true power. So the team gained a new member: Pyromaniac the Darumaka. It's sheer power with Hustle was easy to abuse (especially with a good STAB in Fire Punch/Fire Fang), and it soon was at the same level as the rest. Now I have a FWG Offensive Core in Narcissism, Chimpaqu and Pyromaniac!

More Team Plasma shenanigans in Nimbasa, N posed no problem whatsoever. After grinding quite a bit in Desert Resort, I felt confident enough in Blitzle to immediately challenge the gym. But it was HARD. VERY HARD. Zebstrika COMPLETELY WALLED Blitzle, especially when Flame Charge only deals like 10% when the opponents does 20-25%. I tried many different strategies, to no avail. Finally, I realized the only way to win was through hax, so I taught Blitzle Flash, and proceeded to hax a -6 accuracy Zebstrika to death. Unfortunately, I was still forced to use a Soda Pop.

Each time you use Healing Items in a battle, you must throw out 15 non-Healing Items from your bag.
Ouch. That hurt.

After the battle, I finally allowed Blitzle to evolve, and taught it Volt Switch.

Shadowfax wants to prove that he is the best electric type pokemon. Therefore he must solo Elesa's whole gym without evolving beforehand
CHALLENGE COMPLETE (again)!

Leaving Nimbasa, Alder taught me and Cheren the meaning of life. Though not really. We just smashed a couple of preschoolers in order to test ourselves (lol). After crossing Charizard Bridge, I looked at my next challenge:
The Phalanx, you are challenged to Solo Clay with a Drilbur, without using any x-items. It must be a Drilbur, NOT an Excadrill.
Siri, I mean Pokédex, where can I find a Drilbur before Clay's gym?
"The only place where Drilbur can be found is all the way back at Wellspring Cave, you know, back where the Day Care is? Oh and they're level 10."

... I say this a lot, but... FML.

Soooo I went ALL THE WAY BACK and caught a Drilbur. A lot of grinding is ahead of me, but whatever. Zinzolin of the Seven Sages was huddling inside a shipping container in the Cold Storage, so I took the opportunity to give Pimple (don't ask, I don't even remember why I called it that) some levels. After that, I went outside the town and spent a LONG time grinding. Oh, and Phobia evolved into a Scolipede while grinding.

Once Pimple learned Earthquake, I challenged the gym. Smashed through the gym leaders no problem. Challenged Clay. Krokorok uses Bulldoze, I'm at -1 Speed. No problem. Palpitoad uses Muddy Water and OHKO's from full health even with Eviolite.

FUCK.

So I tried many times, and finally, on the last try his Palpitoad decided to use Aqua Ring instead of Muddy Water, and died to a +1 (Hone Claws) EQ. I thought Excadrill would be a problem since I can't use moves twice in a row, but a +1 Dig still managed to OHKO. Oh well. Drilbur ftw.

The Phalanx, you are challenged to Solo Clay with a Drilbur, without using any x-items. It must be a Drilbur, NOT an Excadrill. You are not required to use Drilbur beyond this challenge
CHALLENGE COMPLETE (once again)!

So I went to the grassy area outside Chargestone Cave and grinded, until Drilbur learned Swords Dance, and then I let it evolve. Then I grinded Pyromaniac until HE evolved. Currently, I am sitting outside Chargestone Cave, grinding my team members and waiting for more challenges.

So give me some more challenges! I would like to see some longer-term ones, but you can still give me some one-time challenges if you want. I'm perfectly willing to replace some of my less-useful team members (*cough cough* Servine *cough cough* Scolipede). I'm making some good progress.

CURRENT TEAM:

Narcissism (Servine) - Level 32
-Leaf Blade
-Cut
-Leech Seed
-Growth

Chimpaqu (Simipour) - Level 32
-Scratch
-Fury Swipes
-Bite
-Scald

Shadowfax (Zebstrika) - Level 33
-Volt Switch
-Stomp
-Charge
-Spark

Phobia (Scolipede) - Level 34
-Poison Tail
-Agility
-Bug Bite
-Baton Pass

Pyromaniac (Darmanitan) - Level 35
-Flare Blitz
-Hammer Arm
-Fire Punch
-Belly Drum

Pimple (Excadrill) - Level 36
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dig
-Rock Slide

Alright I'll give you one for after Clay:

You are challenged to never use a Pokemon that is in Red health; if a Pokemon gets into red health, you must switch out immediately or heal it immediately. If your whole team ends up in red health, you lose.

I expect this to be just the right difficulty combined with your other challenges :P

EDIT: Now that I know I won't be ninja'd, also want to say good work with Clay. I had forgotten about Palpitoad XD ended up being harder than I intended. However, I don't think you'll be regretting grinding up Pimple there, since Excadrill is top-tier in-game as well as competitively :P.

I'm kind of getting tired of typing out everything that hapens to me. I'm still enjoying the challenge, I'm just not enjoying writing the log. I enjoy writing, and was planning on making this all into the story, but I really don't want to record all the events, major or minor, that happen in the game. What should I do?

Alright I'll give you one for after Clay:

You are challenged to never use a Pokemon that is in Red health; if a Pokemon gets into red health, you must switch out immediately or heal it immediately. If your whole team ends up in red health, you lose.

I expect this to be just the right difficulty combined with your other challenges :P

EDIT: Now that I know I won't be ninja'd, also want to say good work with Clay. I had forgotten about Palpitoad XD ended up being harder than I intended. However, I don't think you'll be regretting grinding up Pimple there, since Excadrill is top-tier in-game as well as competitively :P.
Excellent! Thanks. And yeah, Excadrill is a threat! Very powerful.
I'll get on it soon.

EDIT: Smaug, you don't HAVE to log everything if you don't want to. I find it fun, but if you don't, then don't write it. Just let us know when you need a challenge, and we'll give you some. Although a few updates every once in a while would be appreciated :]

Okay! I'll probably just update whenever I complete a milestone, change my team, or want a challenge. Thanks for the advice!

Phalanx, here's one for you!!

You must always have a pokemon on your team that shares all it's moves with at least one or more pokemon on your team.

I also need 6 more challenges for my Medium Fire Red Gauntlet.

DEMo, here's one. If you obtain a pokemon on an even-numbered route, you may not use it in battle. It can still be used for the purpose of HM slavery, but may not battle. Considering that this has Nuzlocke rules, this should be pretty interesting.

@DEMo Gorgon47:

I think I was a little too merciful with my Scramblemon, so here's a ridiculous challenge for you: the Nurse Joys in Sinnoh aren't the most... reliable, so every time you use a Pokemon Center, one of your Pokemon (of your choice) dies.

Have fun! And GL, you're going to need it...

@Professor Science:

I'm in the mood for restricting Pokemon Centers, so in your Gauntlet, you may only heal once at each Center. Enjoy!

Professor Science, your Pokemon may not learn moves via TM.

On a different note, Chapter 2 of my Blue Gauntlet is up, and thus I need 2 more challenges before I can continue. Keep in mind that the challenges don't necessarily have to do with Gyms or Gym Leaders.

@Naix

You can only use 1 of every item starting now.
Before I give my approval or rejection, I'd like to know if I would be able to use more than one item of a similar kind as long as they were different (TM03 and TM29, for example). In other words, if I use one of a specific item (Super Potion), would I be able to use a variation of it (Max Potion)? Also, what about infinite use items like the Bicycle or fishing rods? Can I use them multiple times because they don't go away after I use them, or can I only use them once?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DEMo, I'm not sure if I can give you a Scramblemon and a gauntlet, but if you want it...

Take Rebel the male Geodude. Rebel is... well, a rebel. He completely ignores three Gauntlet challenges. However, he is also cautious up to his last breath - he cannot battle any Pokemon that can learn a Grass- or Water-type attack move. If he gets under 1/3 health (do some math), he must switch out. Sadly, he can't live forever - he knows this. He plans to go out with a BANG - and his opportunity comes after you earn your 6th badge. Team Galactic's destruction of Lake Valor is a terrible deed, and to teach them that what they did was wrong, he must blow them up. He must use Selfdestruct or Explosion against one of the Trainers in Lake Valor (preferably Saturn).

tl;dr:
- Ignores three Gauntlets!
- Cannot battle any Pokemon that can learn a Grass- or Water-type attacking move
- Must switch out when below 1/3 health
- If still alive at this point, must blow the fuck up against one of the Galactics in Lake Valor - disregards any and all Gauntlets affecting moves

Have fun!

Before I give my approval or rejection, I'd like to know if I would be able to use more than one item of a similar kind as long as they were different (TM03 and TM29, for example). In other words, if I use one of a specific item (Super Potion), would I be able to use a variation of it (Max Potion)? Also, what about infinite use items like the Bicycle or fishing rods? Can I use them multiple times because they don't go away after I use them, or can I only use them once?
Sorry for not clarifying. Yes, you can use multiple items of similar kind. So you could use 1 super potion and 1 max potion. And this challenge does not apply to key items.

@Pippy, oh god. One pokecenter use? Well... okay. Although, I will still use the Pokecenter for PP-healing purposes, because Fire Red has basically no berries and Ethers are fairly rare. Most Hp healing will the via Potions though, I guess. Accepted!

@Naix, that's great. I rarely use TMs anyway. Also, in the spirit of the challenge, I won't use HMs in battle either.

I still need 4 more challenges for my Fire Red Medium Gauntlet. Since I have four game-long challenges, I'd prefer if most of the rest were more specific challenges. Just please don't make it too hard... and take into consideration the ones I have already accepted. My accepted challenges are here.

Hey guys, gunna do a gauntlet for Platinum
Requests:
-Requested Difficulty: Super Hard (please be creative here, though)
-Team: Predetermined by fellow Smogonites (the only poke I wont use is Magikarp, I'm ok with combee and all them other crappy ones)
-also, only 2 pokemon suggestions per person, this way everyone can help me out!
-Ability to trade: I can trade with Pearl and import from emerald (I can catch pokes up to the sea in Lilycove city)
-And finally: no nuzlocke death rules or one pokecenter use (I'm fine with Pokemart rules), other than that, you can tell me whatever rules you want :D

Let's see what ya'll can come up with!

Okay nov, here's one. You must evolve all your pokemon late. Specifically, they must all evolve at double the level they usually do. For example, Turtwig normally evolves into Grotle at Level 18, so it can't evolve until Level 36. Grotle usually evolves into Torterra at Level 32, so it can't until Level 64. If a pokemon cannot evolve (E.g. Skarmory), you may not use it. If a pokemon evolves via means other than Level-up (e.g. using evolutionary stones, trading, etc.) it may not evolve.
Any pokemon whose evolution methods are not specifically stated by the poster will follow these rules

Okay nov, here's one. You must evolve all your pokemon late. Specifically, they must all evolve at double the level they usually do. For example, Turtwig normally evolves into Grotle at Level 18, so it can't evolve until Level 36. Grotle usually evolves into Torterra at Level 32, so it can't until Level 64. If a pokemon cannot evolve (E.g. Skarmory), you may not use it. If a pokemon evolves via means other than Level-up (e.g. using evolutionary stones, trading, etc.) it may not evolve.

KK, so any pokes you wanna suggest?

Well usually in Gauntlets you don't suggest pokes, that's more of a scramble, but whatever. I guess you want scramblemons?
Anyway, take a Wurmple and call it Fail. It may never use STAB moves, because it fails so much. Whenever Fail faints, it goes into depression and cannot super effective moves until it soloes 10 trainer-owned pokemon. Also, Fail must prove that it isn't a total failure. It must solo one gym of your choice without items. That is all, because Wurmple sucks. Good luck!

Hmm I guess I can move my request over to scramble. I didn't actually see it until after I posted this. I appologize

No problem, you can still have a combined Scramble/Gauntlet challenge, it would just be best if you kept the Scrambles to the scramble thread, and the Gauntlets to the gauntlet thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)