Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ability to disallow or ban spectators from watching and/or chatting in the battle. Sometimes there are spectators who clog the battle feed with annoying, endless spam, and there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe to make it fair, both you and the opponent have to approve of banning a spectator. Like a little message in the chat bar would appear like: fryfrey would like to ban (spectator name) from this battle. Do you agree? Yes No. And the command could be /banspectator (spectator name) to avoid confusion between spectator banning and regular banning. I do know this idea has been pitched a few times, but if it is fair to everyone, it can do well.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Ability to disallow or ban spectators from watching and/or chatting in the battle. Sometimes there are spectators who clog the battle feed with annoying, endless spam, and there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe to make it fair, both you and the opponent have to approve of banning a spectator. Like a little message in the chat bar would appear like: fryfrey would like to ban (spectator name) from this battle. Do you agree? Yes No. And the command could be /banspectator (spectator name) to avoid confusion between spectator banning and regular banning. I do know this idea has been pitched a few times, but if it is fair to everyone, it can do well.
Just to say there is a "/ignore insert-name-here" command for this.

Also you can always pm a moderator for particularly troublesome users

Why not have a new tier similar to random battles but you get to choose the pokemon and movesets? i.e a tier where all pokemon are able to be used but are on an even playing field.

Is this really an even playing field? If you choose the Pokemon AND Movesets, this would basically be all of the tiers jumbled into a big ball and made into a tier. Nobody would be using many Pokemon outside of ubers...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Actually, the option to keep spectators out (either make battles private or have an option to kick them) is a pretty good idea since /ignore doesn't work in battles. Being able to get rid of spectators also helps in tournaments - especially the huge OST9 - and helps prevent counterteaming.

The option to ignore challenges should also be a prospect, I'm pretty sure every +, %, and even most @ and & are kind of annoyed with all the random challenges they get. I've been getting upwards of 10-15 a day on a 4 hour modding basis (aka with my latest activity that's more than 25 challenges a day >.>).

Rhys DeAnno

Slacking Off
Often I'm looking for a battle to watch, and it can be annoying to try to find a battle between decent players fumbling around between the ladder and the rank command and the Watch Battles window. I'm not sure of how technically difficult it would be to do, but it'd be very convenient if battle participants had their ACRE in the metagame of the battle written next to their names in the "Watch Battles" window.

The option to ignore challenges should also be a prospect, I'm pretty sure every +, %, and even most @ and & are kind of annoyed with all the random challenges they get. I've been getting upwards of 10-15 a day on a 4 hour modding basis (aka with my latest activity that's more than 25 challenges a day >.>).
I can second this. Even as just a +, I get a ton of random challenges. It's not terribly inconvenient to ignore, but this would be a nice thing if it wouldn't take a ton of effort.

Mr. Uncompetitive

That was when it all began.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Thirding this. Just because I'm named Mr. Uncompetitive doesn't mean people really have the right to spam me with challenges simply due to my name >_>

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Is fourthing a word? No? Screw your spellcheck, I'm fourthing this anyway (although I kinda sympathize with the challengers, if they're new and can't find a battle on the Battle Finder the obvious next choice is to challenge a person, and of course as statused users we're right on top of the list so we [especially the @s, I would think] get the full brunt of the challengers. I remember I did this when I first joined x_x)

Not really a huge thing, but Kyurem's formes have the same cries as Normal Kyurem, rather than the ones they have in BW2. Just thought I'd point that out.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ripping cries from the game is significantly difficult enough that nobody's bothered to rip them for PS! yet. If you can find them somewhere on the internet, let somebody know!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've discussed this with a few people, and they all agreed for this. It's a bit of work on the programmers' part, however it would be hugely useful for discussions.

It would be awesome if there was a command that displayed usage stats for the past month or two for a certain pokemon in a specific tier. An example would be /usage, Ninetails, OU if I wanted to view the usage of ninetails in OU. Or, I could do /usage, Nidoking, UU if I wanted to view the usage of Nidoking in UU.

I realize that this may be a lot of work for programmers to constantly update the usage, but a lot of people do agree that having this command available would definitely help during chat and battles.

Something that's been bugging me is that unlike the games, PS will let you know when your mon is trapped (Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, etc) before you even do anything. In-game, you're only told that you're trapped when you try to switch if I recall correctly. If instead of the instant "You are trapped and cannot switch!" message, why not make it appear only when you try to switch when you're trapped?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Something that's been bugging me is that unlike the games, PS will let you know when your mon is trapped (Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, etc) before you even do anything. In-game, you're only told that you're trapped when you try to switch if I recall correctly. If instead of the instant "You are trapped and cannot switch!" message, why not make it appear only when you try to switch when you're trapped?
In game the menu to switch is still there but it wont let you anyway, you will still need to pick and attack.

In game the menu to switch is still there but it wont let you anyway, you will still need to pick and attack.
To clarify, what happens is once you click the button to switch your Pokemon, the message displays. You are not immediately notified that you're trapped in an in-game battle. You don't get notified if you just attack and don't try switching.

I'd like to see a damage calculator option put in for the battles you're in. The button could be placed under your party and clicking the button would open the damage calculator to a new window.
In the new window, instead of filling in 15 spaces of information, having a few push button options for each question would be more efficient.

Here's my example of how it could work.

Q1
Attacking or Defending?

Q2
Both pokemon currently on field?
yes(skips to Q4)/no

Q3
Which Pokemon on your team/Which Pokemon on your opponents team
Push button for each pokemon available. Pokemon on your team have their current HP, EVS, abilities and items already being taken into account.

Q4
Assumed Atk/Spc. Atk or Def/Spec.Def HP EVs and nature of opponents attacking/defending Pokemon?
If the pokemon's nature is negligible then you can leave it blank
Q5
Attacking move and opponent's item?
Just type in the move and item (if opponents item is negligible then you can leave it blank)

Results!
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Haxorus (+SpAtk) Focus Blast vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 55.93% - 66.1%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

The results should have the option to replace all the variables mentioned above. ex switching attacking pokemon's item from C.S to L.O

I know this suggestion would take a crazy amount of time and effort to actually do but I would absolutely love to see that implemented.

My other suggestion would be that you can only be in one battle at a time. Very frequently I find my self accidentally starting two battles at once. I usually end up having to forfeit one of those two and take a loss when I shouldn't really be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)