1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Jul 15, 2012.

1. fryfrey

fryfrey

Ability to disallow or ban spectators from watching and/or chatting in the battle. Sometimes there are spectators who clog the battle feed with annoying, endless spam, and there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe to make it fair, both you and the opponent have to approve of banning a spectator. Like a little message in the chat bar would appear like: fryfrey would like to ban (spectator name) from this battle. Do you agree? Yes No. And the command could be /banspectator (spectator name) to avoid confusion between spectator banning and regular banning. I do know this idea has been pitched a few times, but if it is fair to everyone, it can do well.
  2. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Just to say there is a "/ignore insert-name-here" command for this.

Also you can always pm a moderator for particularly troublesome users
  3. andrewdoo900

andrewdoo900

Support metagames from other generations like dpp ou, rby uu etc etc
  4. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Working on it, this has been suggested so many times it might as well be deleted by a mod...
  5. AJC

AJC

gen 4 is already somewhat done it's just isn't a ladder yet.
  6. Lugia123007

Lugia123007

Why not have a new tier similar to random battles but you get to choose the pokemon and movesets? i.e a tier where all pokemon are able to be used but are on an even playing field.
  7. MapleDoom

MapleDoom

Is this really an even playing field? If you choose the Pokemon AND Movesets, this would basically be all of the tiers jumbled into a big ball and made into a tier. Nobody would be using many Pokemon outside of ubers...
  8. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Actually, the option to keep spectators out (either make battles private or have an option to kick them) is a pretty good idea since /ignore doesn't work in battles. Being able to get rid of spectators also helps in tournaments - especially the huge OST9 - and helps prevent counterteaming.
  9. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The option to ignore challenges should also be a prospect, I'm pretty sure every +, %, and even most @ and & are kind of annoyed with all the random challenges they get. I've been getting upwards of 10-15 a day on a 4 hour modding basis (aka with my latest activity that's more than 25 challenges a day >.>).
  10. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Slacking Off

Often I'm looking for a battle to watch, and it can be annoying to try to find a battle between decent players fumbling around between the ladder and the rank command and the Watch Battles window. I'm not sure of how technically difficult it would be to do, but it'd be very convenient if battle participants had their ACRE in the metagame of the battle written next to their names in the "Watch Battles" window.
  11. jdarden

jdarden Feeling 22
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

I can second this. Even as just a +, I get a ton of random challenges. It's not terribly inconvenient to ignore, but this would be a nice thing if it wouldn't take a ton of effort.
  12. ThisMysteriousGuy

ThisMysteriousGuy

Thirding this. Just because I'm named Mr. Uncompetitive doesn't mean people really have the right to spam me with challenges simply due to my name >_>
  13. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Is fourthing a word? No? Screw your spellcheck, I'm fourthing this anyway (although I kinda sympathize with the challengers, if they're new and can't find a battle on the Battle Finder the obvious next choice is to challenge a person, and of course as statused users we're right on top of the list so we [especially the @s, I would think] get the full brunt of the challengers. I remember I did this when I first joined x_x)
  14. The Dark Hero

The Dark Hero

Not really a huge thing, but Kyurem's formes have the same cries as Normal Kyurem, rather than the ones they have in BW2. Just thought I'd point that out.
  15. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Ripping cries from the game is significantly difficult enough that nobody's bothered to rip them for PS! yet. If you can find them somewhere on the internet, let somebody know!
  16. The Dark Hero

The Dark Hero

And I just realized this also applies to the Therians.

Also, Would a link on YouTube suffice?
  17. Dusk209

Dusk209 No relation.
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

PS should detect AFK players and grey out their names.
  18. Electrolyte

Electrolyte I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

I've discussed this with a few people, and they all agreed for this. It's a bit of work on the programmers' part, however it would be hugely useful for discussions.

It would be awesome if there was a command that displayed usage stats for the past month or two for a certain pokemon in a specific tier. An example would be /usage, Ninetails, OU if I wanted to view the usage of ninetails in OU. Or, I could do /usage, Nidoking, UU if I wanted to view the usage of Nidoking in UU.

I realize that this may be a lot of work for programmers to constantly update the usage, but a lot of people do agree that having this command available would definitely help during chat and battles.
  19. MakaiMai

MakaiMai

Something that's been bugging me is that unlike the games, PS will let you know when your mon is trapped (Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, etc) before you even do anything. In-game, you're only told that you're trapped when you try to switch if I recall correctly. If instead of the instant "You are trapped and cannot switch!" message, why not make it appear only when you try to switch when you're trapped?
  20. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps

In game the menu to switch is still there but it wont let you anyway, you will still need to pick and attack.
  21. MakaiMai

MakaiMai

To clarify, what happens is once you click the button to switch your Pokemon, the message displays. You are not immediately notified that you're trapped in an in-game battle. You don't get notified if you just attack and don't try switching.
  22. SpecsHaxorus

SpecsHaxorus

I'd like to see a damage calculator option put in for the battles you're in. The button could be placed under your party and clicking the button would open the damage calculator to a new window.
    In the new window, instead of filling in 15 spaces of information, having a few push button options for each question would be more efficient.

Here's my example of how it could work.

Q1
    Attacking or Defending?

Q2
    Both pokemon currently on field?
    yes(skips to Q4)/no

Q3
    Which Pokemon on your team/Which Pokemon on your opponents team
    Push button for each pokemon available. Pokemon on your team have their current HP, EVS, abilities and items already being taken into account.

Q4
    Assumed Atk/Spc. Atk or Def/Spec.Def HP EVs and nature of opponents attacking/defending Pokemon?
    If the pokemon's nature is negligible then you can leave it blank
    Q5
    Attacking move and opponent's item?
    Just type in the move and item (if opponents item is negligible then you can leave it blank)

Results!
    252 SpAtk Choice Specs Haxorus (+SpAtk) Focus Blast vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 55.93% - 66.1%
    2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

The results should have the option to replace all the variables mentioned above. ex switching attacking pokemon's item from C.S to L.O

I know this suggestion would take a crazy amount of time and effort to actually do but I would absolutely love to see that implemented.

My other suggestion would be that you can only be in one battle at a time. Very frequently I find my self accidentally starting two battles at once. I usually end up having to forfeit one of those two and take a loss when I shouldn't really be.
  23. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

24. SpecsHaxorus

SpecsHaxorus

When was this made?!?!? There should be links to that somewhere on the showdown site.
  25. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps

You can link to this by typing /calc in the chat

The calculator has been there for about 2 weeks now and the command about 1 week

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)