Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C edition

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Chanseys with Wish were only given out from a special event in the New York Pokemon Center. Since that doesn't exist anymore, you cannot get a Blissey with Wish unless you trade with a person who has attended that event irl.

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but, how do I add a strikethough effect to text in my thread?

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but, how do I add a strikethough effect to text in my thread?
This probably isn't the right place, since this is for questions about things relating to the Contributions & Corrections portion of the site, but I'm not sure if there is an appropriate thread for asking questions like that anywhere on the site anyway.

Anyway, since you asked, the way to do it is to write [s.]text you want to strikethrough[/s], but without the period next to the s in the brackets. When you do this it looks like: text you want to strikethrough

I know this is a double post, but its been 20 days, so I don't think anyone would notice if I just edited my post.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether Little Cup analyses need an unreleased section for Pokemon with released Dreamworld abilities that aren't available in Little Cup. For instance, Charmander has an unreleased section, but Magnemite doesn't. Both are released at levels too high for use in Little Cup and can't pass down their Dreamworld abilities (Charmander because it's a male only release, Magnemite because it's genderless). Which is right, or is it author's choice?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I know this is a double post, but its been 20 days, so I don't think anyone would notice if I just edited my post.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether Little Cup analyses need an unreleased section for Pokemon with released Dreamworld abilities that aren't available in Little Cup. For instance, Charmander has an unreleased section, but Magnemite doesn't. Both are released at levels too high for use in Little Cup and can't pass down their Dreamworld abilities (Charmander because it's a male only release, Magnemite because it's genderless). Which is right, or is it author's choice?
If it's not available for play (released from the Dream World or otherwise), then it should be in an Unreleased section despite the misleading nomenclature.

I probably deleted the one for Magnemite without realizing that it's not available for play in LC yet.

If you want, you or someone else can make a thread with a consolidation of all of the current Unreleased sections, it'd really help a lot.

You have a Gothitelle with Shadow Tag out and I have a Dugtrio with Arena Trap out. Can either of us switch?
This isn't really the appropriate thread for this (I think the SQSA thread for the Overused Metagame or the one for Smogon Metagames in general would probably have been better), but no, neither of you can switch.

If you want, you or someone else can make a thread with a consolidation of all of the current Unreleased sections, it'd really help a lot.
That sounds like it could be useful. Just to be sure though, do you mean accumulate a list of the analyses that currently have unreleased sections, a list of the unreleased sections from those analyses, or a list of what Pokemon in what tiers should still have unreleased sections?

Oglemi

Borf
That sounds like it could be useful. Just to be sure though, do you mean accumulate a list of the analyses that currently have unreleased sections, a list of the unreleased sections from those analyses, or a list of what Pokemon in what tiers should still have unreleased sections?
The last option, while at the same time compiling the unreleased sections that are currently onsite.

A question about a issue/article of The Smog

Well, I'm like mad looking for the article that has this art:

I can't find it and I'm frustrated. Could you tell me which article/issue is it? I am sure this is not the right place for this post, but I couldn't find any better place. Anyway, please, respond, and if you have to move my post, so do it, but please don't close it. I really need to find that article. Thanks.

Oh, I see. Thank you very much :)

EDIT: @sandshrewz: I googled it, and I didn't find it. What's/where's C&C? Sorry... I'm kinda a newbie D:

my question is pokemon black2/white2 compatibility with 4thgen games like platinum, can we transfer pokemon from gen4 to b2/w2 or do we need the original black and white to be a median between the two.

also is there a way to free battle in b2/w2 or do we still absolutely need friend codes?

As long as I'm concerned, you can transfer from platinum/dp to BW2. And you still need friend codes, you cannot free battle. I am sure of that.

I have a question though that I hope people on here can answer for me. The nature of the first tyrogue is Serious with Guts Ability/Good Perseverance HP 39, Attack 17, Defense 20, Sp. Atk 18, Sp. Def 19, Speed 20. The second one has a Calm Nature it has Steadfast Nature and also has good perseverance. HP 41, Attack 18, Defense 21, Sp.Atk 20, Sp.Def 18, Speed 20. I already have a Shiny Hitmonchan so I want to know which one I should evolve into Hitmonlee and which one I should evolve into Hitmontop. I know both natures are terrible but its not like I battle competitively they will just be used for in game but I just wanted to know how to make the best of the natures of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

breloom

Quick question. There used to be a bulky bulk up Breloom set on Breloom's smogon page. Why is it gone now? I really want to see the spread.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
it was removed because the set is no longer good in this metagame, but you can find some older breloom analysis threads in locked&outdated, such as this one http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458682 which lists the spread of

evs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
<p>The spread might seem strange, but it does have its uses. 236 HP EVs will ensure that Breloom will have the highest HP number that is divisible by 8, meaning that it will recover the most HP from Poison Heal. 60 Speed EVs allow Breloom to reach 191 Speed, outspeeding minimum Speed Heatran and other bulky Pokemon such as Choice Band Tyranitar, Skarmory, and defensive Politoed; the rest is put into Special Defense in order to take hits such as Rotom-W's Hydro Pump much better, as well as surviving moves such as Defensive Reuniclus' Psychic and Celebi's Hidden Power Fire.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_complete_damage_formula#apply-mod
I have read the article about damage calculations but I was wondering about if there are triple modifiers, do we change
M'' = ((M * M') + 0x800) >> 12
into
M''' = ((M * M' * M'') + 0x800) >> 12
or
M''' = (((((M * M') + 0x800) >> 12) * M'') + 0x800) >> 12
If my question is stupid or it was mentioned in the article plz forgive it, coz I cant read English really well :p
Thank you.

Why is Icy Wind illegal on Blissey?

I'm honestly trying to understand all of this battling stuff but most of the banned Pokémon seem so arbitrary.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Icy Wind is illegal most likely because it's literally impossible to get in-game (At least, along with certain moves or abilities).

It's not a matter of banning and in general Smogon makes sure not to ban moves, and rarely bans abilities or does combination bans to avoid such confusion.

Seeing as Blissey has Ice Beam available and doesn't outspeed much even after a speed drop, you might want to just use Ice Beam instead.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
It gets Icy Wind from BW2 Move tutors... So it shouldn't be illegal with anything iirc...

Ah B/W2.

I was just watching some battles on YouTube and apparently Icy Wind was banned on her, which would make sense as it was a B/W battle and 2 hadn't came out yet.

Thank you for clearing that up.

So i just want an opinion on partners for a team i would like to build. So far i know i want to use
Salamence
Scizor
And porygon 2
Any and all help is appreciated

Hey guys, I have an idea for a Shuckle I want to use when I start battling, but I'm not sure if it would be illegal in the Never Used tier because it will be rocking a dream world ability.

Gilgamesh (Shuckle) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 252 Def / 178 Sp.Def / 90 HP
Gentle Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 Sp.Def
- Encore
- Rest
- Toxic
- Shell Smash​

The premise of this build is very simple, to use Shell Smash to drop Atk/Sp.Atk/Spd two stages and raise both his Def/Sp.Def two stages thanks to Contrary reversing stat changes. Stalling with +6 in both defences and racking up damage with Toxic whilst using Encore to trap any attempted setups and Rest to recover all damage when needed. No idea where to post things like this as the battling section doesn't seem to support small questions like these.

Thank-you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)