1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C edition

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Komodo, Dec 15, 2011.

1. San_Pellegrino

San_Pellegrino the eternal dreamer
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

ok thank you oglemi, i appreciate your answer and will dutifully follow up

(in other words, omg that's a lot of work)
  2. Bald Accountant

Bald Accountant

If this is not right place to ask, please let me know. Is there a database of the current movesets where we can download the basics - move, ability, EVs etc?
  3. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

What is the usual requirement for a Ladybug?
  4. Oglemi

Oglemi berlin,,, pls
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

The earning and rewarding of the ladybug varies drastically based on the user's quality and dedication, as well as maturity. Typically, a ladybug is earned at about 8-10 analyses, again varying on quality and the user in question. For GP checks it's about 35-45 checks. The ladybug can also be earned through various other means not limited to C&C. It's also typically used as a "trial" badge to test a user's maturity and dedication in several other areas of the site, such as Team Rater and posting in the Smogon Metagames forum.
  5. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I just wanted to add on a little to what Oglemi said.

A ladybug can also be awarded for a combination of the things Oglemi mentioned. For example, a user could have 3-4 analyses, some good rating in the RMT forum, and helpfulness / contribution to discussion in the Smogon Metagames forum and be considered for the badge. Contribution and helpfulness does not go unnoticed, the moderators and admins are always looking for potential contributors. That being said, asking for the badge most certainly will not get you anywhere.
  6. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just adding on >.> making significant contributions to the SOC thread helps too! afaik Hawsktar is the only one who has earned the ladybug this way as of now. Being helpful with C&C projects like the items etc project helps as well. AND one more thing they forgot to mention. QC checking quite a lot also qualifies! That's all I think.

Also,

This should be the right place to ask because what you're asking for is under the C&C forums. This (done by TheSpeedyShaymin and whitefag) is probably what you're searching for. BUT, I'm not sure if it's updated automatically according to the Smogon Dex though >.> you could probably ask whitefag if he has any plans of updating it, but BW analyses are going to be updated anyway lol. Hope this helps! :)
  7. bluewooper

bluewooper

If I am just looking for things to be able to do and contribute here, where can I start if I am willing to do work? Thanks.
  8. Zowayix

Zowayix

There's a few small mistakes in the BW legendary capturing guide here:
    http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/capturing_bw_legendaries

Specifically, the Timer Ball and Quick Ball were buffed in BW:
    - Timer Balls now start at 1x and increase by a flat rate of 0.3x per turn, so the second turn has 1.3x, the third has 1.6x, the fourth has 1.9x, etc. This maxes out at 4x after only 10 turns, not 30 like before.
    - Quick Balls now have a catch rate of 5x on the first turn, instead of 4x.

That's all.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I put it here to at least avoid making unnecessary threads. Could someone can direct me as to where I should post something like this in the future?
  9. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

There are multiple ways to contribute here, so you can choose whatever you like best. You can write analyses, grammar check analyses, html, work on the moves/abilities/items project or read this for more info. There's always stuff to do in C&C, so you have many cool options to choose from! Reading the announcements and sticky threads in each of the subforums are good ways to learn more about contributing as well.

Something like this would go in the Small Objective Changes Thread. The Small Subjective Changes Thread is also for noting errors on the site.
  10. Oglemi

Oglemi berlin,,, pls
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

I think you might want to start in the Wi-Fi SQSA thread, or the PRNG threads there in Wi-Fi. Read the FAQs before posting though
  11. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder

hope this is the right place......can imposter ditto be caught shiny in black and white 2? thanks....and also are there shiny restrictions like there are in black and white?
  12. Oglemi

Oglemi berlin,,, pls
    C&C Leader

we don't do anything with research here!
  13. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Why is the Smogon standard to use "such as" over "like"? It's an incredibly, incredibly unnatural phrase that, I feel, kills a bit of the sentence's flow. It's irritating when the phrase is injected everywhere in an analysis despite the fact that it does not feel like it should belong.
  14. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

"Like" is used for comparisons or meaning that something is similar to another thing, such as "Jolteon's Speed stat is like Aerodactyl's Speed stat, very high." "Such as" is used for examples: "There are many other Pokemon with good Speed stats, such as Alakazam and Starmie." Because the second example wasn't a comparison, "such as" was used instead of "like." I understand that "like" can mean the same as "such as" sometimes, but this definition, despite being used frequently, is not the most common definition and Smogon considers it informal iirc. In most analyses, writers mean to list examples rather than compare Pokemon, so "such as" would be the appropriate phrase.
  15. Nior

Nior

battle points

Okay so is there anyway to get bp in black and white other than doing the battle subway?
  16. melvni

melvni
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Does Smogon have a standard for how to refer to multiple moves of a Pokemon's STAB type on a Pokemon with only one type? For instance, if you had a Haxorus with Outrage and Dragon Claw, would Jirachi resist its STABs or its STAB or is either fine?

Edit: Thanks Oglemi*
  17. Oglemi

Oglemi berlin,,, pls
    C&C Leader

I would just say "STAB moves" to be honest. It covers all the bases lol.
  18. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What is the preferred capitalisation for Meloetta's formes? Are they Aria and Pirouette Formes (as given by Bulba, Veekun, and Ultimate Pokemon Center (poccil's site)) or Aria and Pirouette formes?

I don't have a copy of Black/White with which to test it, and this issue arose in shrang's analysis of Meloetta.
  19. Oglemi

Oglemi berlin,,, pls
    C&C Leader

formes is typically lower-cased, idk why it would be capitalized as it is not a part of the Pokemon's name
  20. dnzrx

dnzrx

21. KarateF22

KarateF22

So here is a question. There is a Vaporeon moveset that is mentioned in passing in the text of the Hydration Wall that I think warrants its own separate set. Basically, its a variant that allows one to wall physical hitters better. It would be Surf/Scald-Acid Armor-Toxic-Rest with an EV layout of Calm-8HP/252Def/248SDef which maxes out the unboostable special bulk. The idea is that you bring Vaporeon in on something safe, then acid armor as they bring in a physical hitter and proceed from there. Does this warrant starting a thread for this theoretical Vaporeon moveset or no?
  22. Ferxious

Ferxious

I have this question... I have downloaded a Pokémon Dream Radar from eShop... and I have Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2... the question is... will I be able to send the Therian formes and the other Pokemon from 4th generation (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh and Lugia) to just one game!? Or is it possible to send them twice!? One per game of course... thanks in advance. n.n'
  23. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

^ the above belongs in the wifi section, not in C&C

anyway http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458054 did we ever get anywhere with this discussion of the forretress EV spread? did anyone ever figure out what those 80 special defense EVs are for? (they're still listed on the main physically defensive forry analysis) cause if not ima head over to the subjective changes thread and suggest they be removed
  24. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

Those evs are a hangover from last gen, if I am not mistaken I believe they allow it to take thunderbolts from Rotom-A better.

They are still a bit relevant, having some special defense makes it easier to take volt-switches from our more offensive Rotom-W in this metagame (I believe its avoids a 2HKO from it after rocks), although I do think that they need a tune up for this generation. Also having less defense evs make it harder for Forretress to take hits from Landorus in the sand and Landorus-T, so maybe that should be considered.
  25. donkeykong

donkeykong

how do you get chansey or blissey with wish?
    breeding? move tutor?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)