Wonkymons -- Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I know you mentioned that the clauses need to be looked into, so I have to ask: Are Sand Veil and Snow Cloak going to be banned like they were in the regular tiers, or are they still fair game?

EV

Banned deucer.
Hey, I know you mentioned that the clauses need to be looked into, so I have to ask: Are Sand Veil and Snow Cloak going to be banned like they were in the regular tiers, or are they still fair game?
Good question. Since there aren't really any strong Sand or Hail starters in this meta I don't think those abilities will be as coveted, unless Sand Rush becomes popular on something like say Torterra, Durant, or Scrafty.

I think we'll play that by ear.

Please tell me not putting Magnet Pull Emboar in the game changers section was a mistake, I mean both of Emboar's STAB's hit steel super effectively.

EV

Banned deucer.
Please tell me not putting Magnet Pull Emboar in the game changers section was a mistake, I mean both of Emboar's STAB's hit steel super effectively.
He makes a nice check to No Guard Bronzong after it sleeps something with Hypnosis.

EV

Banned deucer.
Can I have a link to the program you used to make this
i want to try my own
To make this I just used the randbetween function in Excel. I assigned a number to each ability and then generated 2 columns of random numbers for each Pokemon. Then I replaced each number with the corresponding ability. Voila!

EV

Banned deucer.
I want to play this meta but idk how
Well for now it can really only be played on Hackmons, but we have to count on the honor system and assume players will only use legit moves and the abilities ascribed to each Pokemon in this thread.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well for now it can really only be played on Hackmons, but we have to count on the honor system and assume players will only use legit moves and the abilities ascribed to each Pokemon in this thread.
This OM is easily feasible with a PS mod, only it's really tedious to add the abilities for all the mons, it's a big list :p If you volunteer to edit the pokedex.js I can host it for you.

This OM is easily feasible with a PS mod, only it's really tedious to add the abilities for all the mons, it's a big list :p If you volunteer to edit the pokedex.js I can host it for you.
Good guy Joim. :)
But no, really. If this were to happen, I would be incredibly interested in playing!

EV

Banned deucer.
Wow. That's really nice! I would love to dex edit, but I'm not familiar with it, so if you could point me in the right direction I can work on it tomorrow when I'm off work. And I don't mind tedious work especially to get something like this going!

It's funny because I was just asking Zarel what it would take to get this modded.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Why is everyone saying that scarf shadow tag Terrakion is the best thing ever? scarf Kyurem-B is way more powerful and has shadow tag too, he only lacks in speed to take on scarf Palkia or +1 Keldeo.

Also, adaptability sucker punch from Cacturne hurts.

Drizzle Dragonite with Max HP/Max SpA with hurricane/thunder/surf/roost is nice too, it can take hits and dish out powerful ones.

Some minor things that might be interesting.

* Choice Band Ninjask looks vaguely usable now because Magic Guard prevents SR from ruining his day ever again as he U-Turns in at random. Sadly, his BP strategy is pretty much impossible due to the lack of Speed Boost.

* Someone mentioned Prankster Yanmega earlier; I honestly think Druddigon has a slightly more interesting movepool and typing at present. Druddigon has slightly better bulk and typing and can abuse Glare to paralyze everything(though inaccurate), Taunt for the reasons everyone uses Taunt, Torment(as it will probably only run into one move that hits it SE) and Toxic occasionally. You could use the weather moves, but with all the permaweather it's not worth bothering with unless you want to make use of Swift Swim. Oh, and it can Roar, but prankster Roar is only a -5 priority. Unfortunately, his only healing is Rest, and he doesn't even get Sleep Talk. His other choices are... Swagger, Substitute, and Hone Claws? Priority Swagger-Substitute-Torment sounds quite irritating, but realistically it's just going to get him killed.

* With Poison Heal, Regice suddenly has doubled recovery compared to its previous leftovers boost. It's other ability, Drought, is kinda suicide for an Ice type, but at least it's very bulky and can deal with non-fire attacks with ease.

* Speed Boost... Crawdaunt enjoys having what is essentially Shift Gear for its Dragon Dance (+1 attack from DD and +2 speed from DD + speed boost) and Sawsbuck outspeeds a LOT after a boost, allowing it to band, but we all know Keldeo will be the real star of the show.

* Illusion Ferrothorn can set up hazards completely unexpectedly

* Magic Bounce Jumpluff looks to be really obnoxious. The set runs like it does in NU, leap in on something, Encore the move, and proceed to set up for SD/Acrobatics/Seed Bomb (though steels will block you six ways from sunday). Magic Bounce just means it can set up on hazards users with utter impunity, in particular Illusion Ferrothorn(Who can't Power Whip it even if it tried to attack on the switch).

* Weather teams... a full listing of weather abilities (not inducers, those are in the first post):

Cloud Nine:
Rhyhorn
Tauros
Octillery
Kingdra - How ironic
Numel
Gorebyss
Deoxys-A
Magmortar
Rotom-Frost
Watchog
Gothorita
Alomomola

Chlorophyll:
Nidorina (amusingly, Nidorino gets Drought)
Gastly
Articuno
Marill
Mantine
Swampert
Shuppet
Weavile
Gallade - Probably the best Chlorophyller due to high attack, middling previous speed, and great coverage. Also resists Fighting moves sent after Hydrei.
Roggenrola

Dry Skin: (not really sure what to make of these)
Koffing
Croconaw
Entei
Cascoon
Cacturne
Kecleon - A weird choice, but might make an interesting rain supporter due to decent spbulk and Recover.
Regirock - Oh god.
Rayquaza
Azelf
Beheyeem

Flower Gift: Hang on, isn't this ability hard coded only to work for Cherrim?
Regardless...
Golem - He'll love both the Sp Boost and the Attack boost. Now Golem likes two weathers.
Muk
Remoraid
Blissey - Oh.
Wingull
Rampardos - Lol, I'd hate to see what sort of hits that thing would deal out.
Magnezone
Excadrill
Tympole

Harvest:
Beedrill
Jynx
Slowking
Hariyama
Aron
Registeel
Latios
Honchkrow
Carracosta
Mienshao

Hydration:
Ditto
Snubbull
Mightyena
Kyurem

Looks like nothing's really going to be making use of Hydration. Kyurem's the only one who will really have it, and that's because Anger Point is useless.

Ice Body:
Tentacruel
Flareon - Might be neat as a Hail poke who counters opposing Hail.
Bidoof
Gallade - Gallade is apparently going to be useful on two types of weather teams, but Ice Body isn't that good for him.
Liepard
Dwebble

Overcoat:
Blastoise
Goldeen
Starmie - Well, now SS gets a fast spinner who can also switch in on water moves(hail has Ice Body Tenta).
Snorlax - Immunity to Weather passive damage isn't too bad. He's probably going to be a Snow Warning poke, though.
Meganium
Treecko
Nincada
Glalie
Frosslass
Rotom-Wash - Ooh, that might be interesting.
Gothitelle
Amoongus - Just when you thought those sandstorm teams were going to be swept by fighters...
Ferroseed
Heatmor

Rain Dish:
Machoke
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Wooper
Unown
Tyranitar
Volbeat
Barboach
Lileep
Groudon
Rayquaza
Empoleon
Rotom-Heat
Dialga
Purrloin
Swoobat
Whirlipede

I honestly have no idea how Rain Dish is going to work. Looking at the list, Empoleon seems best set to use it.

Sand Force:
Charmeleon
Magneton - Flash Cannon and HP Ground aren't very good choices for Maggy, but they might see use with the boost.
Houndoom
Ralts
Torkoal
Deoxys-D
Wormadam-Ground - The only SForcer to get STAB on EQ, an utterly terrible Bug type with base 79 attack. Oh well.
Dusknoir

Sand Rush:
Bellsprout
Sentret
Seviper - at it's fastest, Seviper reaches 502 speed in a sandstorm, putting it two points below absolute max speed Deoxys-S. Without an attack boosting nature 100 in each Attack stat is nothing big, but it's still something. Sacrificing the speed-boosting nature nets you 458 speed, whose only real danger is more scarfers outspeeding and unboosted Ninjask.
Clamperl - Deepseatooth + Sand Rush with Shell Smash as backup?
Torterra
Swoobat
Scrafty - Ouch.
Durant

Sand Veil (not sure if banned):
Ninetales
Mankey
Dewgong
Gastly
Onix
Chinchou
Xatu
Flaafy
Espeon
Shiftry
Loudred
Spinda
Kyogre
Wormadam-Plant
Unfezant
Audino
Zoroark
Haxorus - Putting the hax in haxorus
Braviary

Snow Cloak:
Zubat
Persian
Alakazam
Farfetch'd
Dratini
Ampharos
Jirachi - at least its not serene grace
Whimsicott
Litwick
Lampent
Accelgor
Bisharp

Solar Power:
Hypno - Well, that makes his attack stat usable...
Mawile
Flygon - Flygon can't come in on EQ anymore, but now it going to be really hard to wall because of the Sun boosted Fire Blast being double boosted.
Jirachi - Probably a better choice than Snow Cloak.
Luxio
Servine
Musharna
Scraggy
Volcarona - Yeah, everything will die.

Sun looks really scary.

Swift Swim:
Caterpie
Gengar
Typhlosion
Duskull
Chimecho
Turtwig
Shellos
Hippowdon
Panpour

I was expecting this to be pretty terrifying, but it's honestly rather tame. Panpour and Shellos are the only Water types with the ability and they're very weak, while the most powerful abusers are all unable to make use of it. Gengar is already fast (though heavy metal is very useless) and isn't going to be packing HP Water any time soon, Typhlosion's STAB is rendered useless by the weather, and Hippowdon isn't going to be making very good use of the speed anyway, especially in rain.

I have this feeling that we're going to be seeing a LOT of sun...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That depends on what ability you give it. If you give it Sand Stream it will start a sandstorm, while if you give it Drizzle it will start rain.

EV

Banned deucer.
Some minor things that might be interesting.

* Choice Band Ninjask looks vaguely usable now because Magic Guard prevents SR from ruining his day ever again as he U-Turns in at random. Sadly, his BP strategy is pretty much impossible due to the lack of Speed Boost.

* Someone mentioned Prankster Yanmega earlier; I honestly think Druddigon has a slightly more interesting movepool and typing at present. Druddigon has slightly better bulk and typing and can abuse Glare to paralyze everything(though inaccurate), Taunt for the reasons everyone uses Taunt, Torment(as it will probably only run into one move that hits it SE) and Toxic occasionally. You could use the weather moves, but with all the permaweather it's not worth bothering with unless you want to make use of Swift Swim. Oh, and it can Roar, but prankster Roar is only a -5 priority. Unfortunately, his only healing is Rest, and he doesn't even get Sleep Talk. His other choices are... Swagger, Substitute, and Hone Claws? Priority Swagger-Substitute-Torment sounds quite irritating, but realistically it's just going to get him killed.

* With Poison Heal, Regice suddenly has doubled recovery compared to its previous leftovers boost. It's other ability, Drought, is kinda suicide for an Ice type, but at least it's very bulky and can deal with non-fire attacks with ease.

* Speed Boost... Crawdaunt enjoys having what is essentially Shift Gear for its Dragon Dance (+1 attack from DD and +2 speed from DD + speed boost) and Sawsbuck outspeeds a LOT after a boost, allowing it to band, but we all know Keldeo will be the real star of the show.

* Illusion Ferrothorn can set up hazards completely unexpectedly

* Magic Bounce Jumpluff looks to be really obnoxious. The set runs like it does in NU, leap in on something, Encore the move, and proceed to set up for SD/Acrobatics/Seed Bomb (though steels will block you six ways from sunday). Magic Bounce just means it can set up on hazards users with utter impunity, in particular Illusion Ferrothorn(Who can't Power Whip it even if it tried to attack on the switch).

* Weather teams... a full listing of weather abilities (not inducers, those are in the first post):

. . .

I have this feeling that we're going to be seeing a LOT of sun...
Great analysis! Very interesting.

Flower Gift: Hang on, isn't this ability hard coded only to work for Cherrim?
Regardless...
Golem - He'll love both the Sp Boost and the Attack boost. Now Golem likes two weathers.
Muk
Remoraid
Blissey - Oh.
Wingull
Rampardos - Lol, I'd hate to see what sort of hits that thing would deal out.
Magnezone
Excadrill
Tympole
Duh! I can't believe I forgot about that. I changed their abilities:
Golem- Magic Bounce
Muk- Infiltrator
Remoraid- Water Absorb
Blissey- Early Bird
Wingull- Synchronize
Rampardos- Victory Star
Magnezone- Swift Swim (Rain+Thunder+Swift Swim!)
Excadrill- Rain Dish
Tympole- Liquid Ooze

I will ask Joim to edit the code.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Swift...
Swim...
Magnezone...
Goddamnit.

Anyway, my wonkymons team.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Classic contraryPalkia, great cleaner late-game or wallbreaker.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Surf
- Roost

A surprisingly good wallbreaker/lead, hurricane hits really hard while Thunder has 100% accuracy and surf has pseudo-STAB. Roost is for when your opp switches.

Galvantula @ Choice Band
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- X-Scissor
- Sucker Punch
- Return

Underrated threat, it hits really hard with CB. Wild Charge/X-Scissor are main STABs, Sucker Punch is to weaken palkia before pickng it off with Cacturne.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw

Best trapper hands down. Really effective scarf. Outrage/Fusion Bolt are for cleaning, Dragon Claw to RK and ice beam for things weak to it and filler.

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Easy to setup with it. SD, and then sucker punch everything. Seed Bomb and Drain Punch are fillers-kinda.

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

Second revenge killer, allows me to try to copy palkia's boosts and retaliate in a speed tie.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i just noticed a gimmicky but usable set;

Clamperl@deepseatooth
max speed max sp attack
timid/modest
Sand rush
-shell smash
-surf
-ice beam
-hp grass

In the sand and one smash it gets 720 with timid (650 with modest) and with tooth it gets 1080 (modest, 1000 with timid). it is now a major threat if the sand is up and it gets a free set up and the enemy will be worn down a bit by sand. The only bad thing is you don't have a decent chance to set up and unaware walls. It 2hko's chantey and bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)