VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
in Random matchup and VGC tournamanents, the pokemons appaer with their default names. So yes there is a "nickname" clause.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even if you did, any nicknames are changed to their default species name for the length of the battle.

How exactly would I go about building a VGC team?
Try to take pointers from some other good teams, and read how that team has synergy. Try some basic teams at first, then once your comfterable you can move on to implementing some of your own strategy and creative move sets. Good luck!

How exactly would I go about building a VGC team?
either try building a simple team (read: 252 / 252 spreads and something like ttar, meta, cress, hitmontop, thundurus etc. with thundy and cress knowing swagger and swagger boosting the rest of your team) or you could copy a well known team such as ray's worlds team, cybertron's team that he uses for every event, etc.

Minimum speed is 90 at lv50. I personally wouldn't, as there are plenty slower under trick room who will eat you alive. Think slow and bulky (Not Gardevoir unless you really think he's cool)

Oyster said:
Is Gardevoir viable on a Trick Room team, or is it simply too fast?
Gardevoir and chandelure are on the same speed bracket, both have a base speed of 80. About the viability it really depend on your team, with a lot of support chandy is a complete beast, but in the hand of a common player it became really useless thanks to it common weakness and it frail defense.

Gallade gain more usage as physical attacker + TR setter because he has no competition on that department (I mean fighting STAB + TR) but in the case of Gardevoir she have a lot of competition from Cresselia for a bulky supporter + TR ( IMO, even Uxie is better).

Thanks for the responses guys. I know normally there would be many superior pokemon to use over Gardevoir, but I'm making a Hoenn-only team for fun (its actually shaping up pretty well) and I needed a good user of Heal Pulse to provide recovery to Dusclops, Camerupt (for Eruption) and Wailord (for Water Spout). At this point, however, I'm thinking I probably won't use Heal Pulse support anyway, so w/e.

Thanks for the responses guys. I know normally there would be many superior pokemon to use over Gardevoir, but I'm making a Hoenn-only team for fun (its actually shaping up pretty well) and I needed a good user of Heal Pulse to provide recovery to Dusclops, Camerupt (for Eruption) and Wailord (for Water Spout). At this point, however, I'm thinking I probably won't use Heal Pulse support anyway, so w/e.
Latias or latios

oops, well uhm you might need an exception though, kind of a big gimmick, how about a gimmicky srategy instead instaed of a gimmicky retriction? what i would say would be audino, im really not sure.i dont have that big of a knowledge on every moveset like that. but chansey knows heal pulse ithink. sorry for my ignorance and no help

Quik question: was is a common (and good) set for Scarf Hydreigon? And what does its speed stat look like after a -1 drop (assume lv. 50 stats)?

Hydreigon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/virizion-wireless/
However in the same article the user said that he would like to replace Focus Blast with Earth Power since it's more accurate and earth power is a good special ground move. I use the same Hydreigon with the exception that Earth Power replaces Focus Blast.

However in the same article the user said that he would like to replace Focus Blast with Earth Power since it's more accurate and earth power is a good special ground move. I use the same Hydreigon with the exception that Earth Power replaces Focus Blast.
hi friends, that would be me. At the time, only BW moves could be used, but if BW2 were allowed, I would probably go for a move set of Draco / Dark Pulse / Earth Power / Fire Blast or maybe Heat Wave. Also, 44 Speed is a better number. It allows you to outspeed Timid Max Speed Scarf Abomasnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)