Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This is a bit of a minor complaint, but the watched battles pull down list for tiers is way to touchy. It seems to be on some sort of timer that has it automatically close after like one second making it impossible to choose any tier options at the bottom.
Heh, it closes if you click outside the list. I can make it stop doing that if it's that much of a problem, but the simplest way is to just not click outside the list.

My suggestion is to remove the /me command entirely. It seems to have no use other than for people to say pointless things, which can quickly turn into annoying spam-like comments. I understand that pleasing the user base is important for a site like Showdown, but I think most people would rather it to be gone completely

Disconnecting Wait Time

I would like to propose a change in Pokemon Showdown. I absolutely HATE waiting the 120 seconds for an opponent who disconnects, when literally 1 out of the 20+ times it has happened the person actually reconnected. This is a waste of time and presents a problem with player satisfaction. It's one thing if people are trying to figure out their next move. Waiting 2 minutes for 5% of people to reconnect is ridiculous. Please fix this!

Thanks,
Freakypenguin14

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to propose a change in Pokemon Showdown. I absolutely HATE waiting the 120 seconds for an opponent who disconnects, when literally 1 out of the 20+ times it has happened the person actually reconnected. This is a waste of time and presents a problem with player satisfaction. It's one thing if people are trying to figure out their next move. Waiting 2 minutes for 5% of people to reconnect is ridiculous. Please fix this!

Thanks,
Freakypenguin14
Like you said, there are people that disconnect and people who simply need a second to think or whatever.

I understand how frustrating it may be to have a timestaller. If that is the case, PM a mod and they'll take care of it. But, there's really no point to shorten the time; it's not like you have to wait right there staring at the battle screen. Go google funny cat pictures while you wait or something. You should even get notices in the corner of your screen when your opponent makes a move if you're not on the battle screen.

1/20 times is 5% of our user base. Apparently, that amount of our userbase is legitimately thinking or whatever. We've easily gotten up to 3800 before. 5% of 3800 is 190 people. So according to your data, if we shorten the time, we're screwing over at least 190 people...
Again, there is no point to shorten the time limit.

Sturdynips said:
My suggestion is to remove the /me command entirely. It seems to have no use other than for people to say pointless things, which can quickly turn into annoying spam-like comments. I understand that pleasing the user base is important for a site like Showdown, but I think most people would rather it to be gone completely
This has been talked about/is being talked about among staff members... IDK what the majority's stand is, since I'm never on the Staff channels, but I think at least for now we're going to keep it or at least not totally banish it. However, I could be wrong and it could change.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
There is a difference between taking a couple seconds to thing and completely disconnecting from the battle...
This is true.
However, you don't need to be physically watching the battle screen as it's counting down if someone leaves. Just preoccupy yourself in the chat for a minute or two, which isn't hard to do. The timer should dwindle down as the battle goes on, or something like that. Or better yet, if you're a need for speed kind of guy, just start a different battle, the other one will click off eventually, and like I said, you don't need to have your eyes on that screen for it to end.
Frankly, I just simply don't see a reason to shorten the time limit.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<bummer> in the section with the saved Replays in PS, will there ever be a feature to search for battles in each tier/format
<bummer> rather than just users
<Zarel> Bummer, yeah, I'll do that
<bummer> 'preciated
<bummer> would make for an easier time to get familiar with the meta if there's an archive of completed battles to watch
<Zarel> Bummer, okay, you can now type format names into the search field
<bummer> man that was quick
<bummer> much obligued
<Zarel> I'm Zarel, I'm known for speed ;)

It would be nice to be able to have Lobby chat on the left side of the screen and the Home page stuff on the right, at least as an option. It's just not very aesthetically pleasing to have the home page stuff be left aligned and then have an abrupt page divide over to the lobby chat.

Because the suggested EV equation always takes a Choice Scarf into consideration, could the default nature for that always be the +Spe nature? Pretty much every Pokemon in Ubers, OU, UU, RU, and NU that holds a Choice Scarf is recommended to use either a Jolly or Timid Nature, but the EV thing always suggests Adamant or Modest as the nature, when in reality they are uncommon natures for a Scarf.

EDIT: Thanks!

I've seen a suggestion on Showdown for a friends list. I think it sounds like a good idea. Why don't we get one. That way people could have an easier time interacting with friends and rivals.

I've seen a suggestion on Showdown for a friends list. I think it sounds like a good idea. Why don't we get one. That way people could have an easier time interacting with friends and rivals.

It's likely we'll add friends list functionality in the future.
This is from Cathy, one of the programmers for Showdown. In the meantime the Forums serve the same function as most users on Showdown use the Forums as well.

Hope this helped.

Heh, it closes if you click outside the list. I can make it stop doing that if it's that much of a problem, but the simplest way is to just not click outside the list.
The thing is, it doesn't, I can just click to open the list, wait a second, and it closes automatically. It becomes a literal race against the clock for me to click on the scroll bar and click on RBY before it times out and closes automatically.

For the record, I am using google chrome.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The thing is, it doesn't, I can just click to open the list, wait a second, and it closes automatically. It becomes a literal race against the clock for me to click on the scroll bar and click on RBY before it times out and closes automatically.

For the record, I am using google chrome.
I think this happened to me once or twice. Try scrolling only over the actual text and not over the white space next to it.

There is a difference between taking a couple seconds to thing and completely disconnecting from the battle...
So maybe owners of PS should think of possibility when there are no disconnections. I mean, if somebody wants to quit or diconnect, he can't and end of story :) If player do not want to continue game he waits until time's up. I consider this as better option than going crazy because of rage quitters.

can you add a feature to change name color pls, and make the chat window moveable or something, so we can battle and chat with friends at the same time

Here are my suggestions :D :
1. When someone is muted or banned his past messages on the chat should be automatically deleted. Why? This will reduce the number of spammers and trolls, since it won't really be a big problem for the chat when their giant walls of text are reduced to a <message deleted>. If someone is muted/banned and someone objects the mute or ban there should be a "/undo delete" command to show the message to the chat.

2. Users should be able to edit the songs that play when fighting someone. Why? I know this isn't really important but it would be a neat feature. And there should also be an option to set a particular song to a team (Example: Song of Storms for my Rain team, Kanto Gym Leader theme for my mono Dragon team etc..).

[I hope I didn't make lots of mistakes while typing, English isn't my first language XD]

Could the battle chat be moved to the left of the battle animations window? that way, the lobby chat would take all of the right side and leave the battle window in the middle.

Or just make it so that the battle chat moves further to the right when the lobby chat is closed, instead of stretching to fill the space, thus allowing the battle window to move to the center of the screen.

It's pretty insignificant, but I think it would be nice. :$

Private channels users can create for their friends / Smogon Tour maybe, etc. would be cool along with a Tournaments system like PO's Beta Server would be nice. It gets annoying with all the people spamming random tournament sign ups which may or may not be finished and there is no prize for it unlike what you can add with a PS-bot ran tourney.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
Private channels users can create for their friends / Smogon Tour maybe, etc. would be cool along with a Tournaments system like PO's Beta Server would be nice. It gets annoying with all the people spamming random tournament sign ups which may or may not be finished and there is no prize for it unlike what you can add with a PS-bot ran tourney.
newfag

tehy

Banned deucer.
I don't like how it says (person) lost to their inactivity, it kind of looks to me like you're calling them plural and ends up looking dumb.

You could either just say player lost due to inactivity, or maybe "player has forfeited the match due to inactivity", to make it a bit more clear if you really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)