(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

I believe the two "U"'s were used to imply that that support Cloyster is used for the UU metagame; however, I still changed it because Closyter is pretty much only used in the UU metagame, so it doesn't really make sense.

http://www.smogon.com/articles/grammar_standards

the link at the top doesn't go anywhere. i guess its supposed to link to the C&C forum?
I think I fixed it.

Absol is not listed as having the move Superpower, yet it is advised in all of Absol's analyses, and in fact can be learned by Absol. Superpower does not show up here (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/absol/moves) or here (http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/superpower). Thanks for your time

Edit: P.S. (Evidence) Absol learns Superpower by a move tutor in Platinum, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver. Source: (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Absol), direct quote:
By tutoring
Generation IV

Other generation learnsets: III
Game Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP Contest Appeal
D P Pt HG SS Bounce Flying Physical 85 85% 5 Cute 1 ♥
D P Pt HG SS Fury Cutter Bug Physical 10 95% 20 Cool 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Headbutt Normal Physical 70 100% 15 Tough 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Icy Wind Ice Special 55 95% 15 Beauty 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Knock Off Dark Physical 20 100% 20 Smart 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Magic Coat Psychic Status — —% 15 Beauty 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Mud-Slap Ground Special 20 100% 10 Cute 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Role Play Psychic Status — —% 10 Cute 1 ♥
D P Pt HG SS Snore Normal Special 40 100% 15 Cool 3 ♥♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Spite Ghost Status — 100% 10 Tough 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Sucker Punch Dark Physical 80 100% 5 Smart 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Superpower Fighting Physical 120 100% 5 Tough 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Swift Normal Special 60 —% 20 Cool 2 ♥♥
D P Pt HG SS Zen Headbutt Psychic Physical 80 90% 15 Beauty 2 ♥♥

Hi Smogon,

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/rain_offense

A couple small errors in the "Rain Offense Guide":

1) In the "Rain Sweepers" section, under the "UU", the piece on Qwilfish has a couple errors:
a)
Qwilfish's biggest selling point is its devastating Explosion, which, when coming of a a decent
The phrase "coming of a a" should be "coming off a".

b)
Qwilfish doesn't have to waste a moveslot to deal with Celebi (ahem Kabutops X-Scissor).
I'm pretty sure it should be "Kabutops' " or "Kabutops's" X-Scissor. However I'm not sure what the author is trying to refer to exactly, whether it's the case of Kabutops and X-Scissor (separate but related), or Kabutops' X-Scissor (the X-Scissor of Kabutops).

2) In the "Conclusion":
It is also one of the poorest represented styles
I believe it should be "most poorly", or even "more poorly", instead of "poorest".

I found a few easy to fix grammar mistakes on Jynx's DPPT analysis (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jynx):

In the Choice Specs set, the author writes, "The last two slots are filled by a Fighting and Ghost move which is unresisted by any Pokemon."
I think if we were to change it to "The last two slots are filled by a Fighting and Ghost move, a combination unresisted by any Pokemon." or something along those lines, it would flow better and be grammatically correct.

In the Choice Scarf set, the author writes, "The extra Speed will allow you to revenge kill potential threats to your team that might not be possible if using another set. (Such as fast Flying-types like Aerodactyl, Swellow or Jumpluff)."
All we need to do on this one is simply get rid of the parentheses and add a comma-
"The extra Speed will allow you to revenge kill potential threats to your team that might not be possible if using another set, such as fast Flying-types like Aerodactyl, Swellow or Jumpluff.

In the Counter Set-
"you'll find that 100% accurate Blizzard more up your alley than Ice Beam."
My guess is the author left out the key word "is" in between "Blizzard" and "more," otherwise this sentence is just poorly worded.

In the Offensive Calm Mind set-
"Ice Beam however, may be used to hit Claydol harder, and extremely damage Altaria, and Grass-types, if they threaten your team in particular."
This sentence is very poorly written, and on the given moveset it doesn't have where it should go (as in Psychic / Ice Beam).
Just a proposed rewrite- "If you feel your team is particularly threatened by Claydol, Altaria, or Grass-types, you can use Ice Beam instead of XXXXX for better coverage."

Just a small change while I'm at it, in the Other Options section, "...more than your other attacks; though they’ll be lucky..." doesn't need the semicolon, as the second half isn't a sentence.

I know Jynx is relatively minor, but I recently decided I wanted to contribute to the site, and I've got to start somewhere.

The Donphan analysis page (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/donphan):

Donphan makes a fine Rapid Spinner in the OU environment as it is able to switch in on many common physical attackers and remove the opponent's entry hazards with Rapid Spin, while taking only small amounts of damage in the process. The lack of a reliable recovery move and a low Special Defense stat is disheartening, as Donphan has great HP, Attack, and Defense stats which it can put to good use. Ghost-types that attempt to block Rapid Spin are not a huge problem for Donphan as it can hit them with Assurance.
Should be "but".

Hi Smogon,

Little Cup Speed Tiers

In the table of contents at the beginning of the article, the link to the "Tier 1 (+1 Pokemon and +2 Pokemon with 30 to 100 Base Speed)" section reads "Tier 1 (+1 / +2 users 30 ro 100 Base Speed)"

In the first paragraph of the "Getting Started" Section:
After you've found your maximum Speed, use the following tables to see how much Speed the threats you wish to out speed have, and EV your Pokémon accordingly.
"out speed" should be "outspeed" (one word). Also, it may not be a big deal, but the sentence before refers to "the Speed of your Pokemon". Perhaps here too (for the sake of consistency) it should be "your Pokemon's maximum Speed" rather than just "your maximum Speed".

In the second paragraph of the "Getting Started" section:

This means that dropping Meowth's Speed by a single point is almost never worth it, as much as you may hate speed ties, a 50% chance to outspeed your opponent is always better than a 0% chance. Anorith on the other hand hits 18 maximum Speed, there are relatively few important Pokemon in the 18/17 Speed range, so investing less is a viable option.
The highlighted commas should be semicolons, or conjunctions such as "because as much as..." or "and there are relatively..." should be used, because [independent clauses stuff]. This also applies to the sentence below, quoted from the same section:
The exception to this is with particularly fast Pokemon, Rock Polish Gligar, for example can reach an almost unchallenged 38 Speed after a boost, but even if it drops down to 32 it can still outspeed every single Choice Scarfer in Little Cup, and gain significantly better defenses.
Also, a comma should be put after "for example".

Again, from the second paragraph of this section:
Due to the fact that Little Cup is such a Speed centered metagame, a large majority of Pokemon that invest in speed choose to max it out (not that maxing out does not necessarily mean putting 252 EVs in Speed), meaning there are less specialized EV spreads.
The "not" should be "note".

The last two sentences from this section:
The other main number is 14. 14 is the minimum Speed that any Choice Scarfer or Pokemon aiming to get a +1 boost should reach as it lets them outpace all Pokemon without a speed boost of their own.
I think it's awkward and unnecessary to have this as two sentences. It can simply be combined into one sentence: "The other main number is 14, which is the..."

This article also refers the reader to Little Cup analysis pages, but does not provide a link to them. Perhaps one could be added?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/omastar

In the Utility section for Omastar:

Adding this set to a Rain Dance team might seem plausible, but know that you have low Special Attack investment, and will be using up three turns of rain to lay down entry hazards.

According to the set, there is no special attack investment whatsoever (252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD and a Bold nature). It's just misleading if anything.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/uxie

uxie's first set, last paragraph:

Uxie's downfall is lack of recovery, and someone who utilizes Wish can work well to mend Uxie's HP. Clefable and Blissey are great candidates, and as an added bonus, they attract Fighting-type attacks, which Uxie can shrug off with ease. Uxie has a tough time dealing with Dark-types, like Houndoom and Absol. A great partner to handle these threats is Hariyama, who can handle Dark-type attacks and dish out STAB Fighting moves in return. Mismagius is another threat to Uxie, and Registeel can deal with it nicely, using Iron Heads to break Mismagius's Substitutes or Thunder Wave to render it useless.
I'm guessing that should be chansey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)