Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serpent, I like it a lot, just make it transparent for better presentation quality, check my post near the top of the page if you need instructions.

DragonBreath, lol that sprite is amazing. I like the Mime Jr. hat eyes, very clever.

I need a muse, my sprites are falling behind.

I made a "gym badge" avatar for myself from scratch using Photoshop. Wanted to display it somewhere, maybe even to inspire others to make their own badges. I came up with the simple design after successfully breeding and EV training the members of my new "semi-competitive" team.

The Snow Globe is a representation of my loose strategy involving a Trick Room (the glass) filled with either a Hailstorm (the snow) or Heavy Rain (the water) depending on whichever I think is better against my opponent.

I transparentised my first one and made another.

Sceptile with Blaziken's arms and Rayquaza's horn things, in Blaziken's colours. (So many custom colours...) I know the back horn thing is too short, but should it have another lower 'jawhorn'?

I made a "gym badge" avatar for myself from scratch using Photoshop. Wanted to display it somewhere, maybe even to inspire others to make their own badges. I came up with the simple design after successfully breeding and EV training the members of my new "semi-competitive" team.

The Snow Globe is a representation of my loose strategy involving a Trick Room (the glass) filled with either a Hailstorm (the snow) or Heavy Rain (the water) depending on whichever I think is better against my opponent.
Since a lot of people don't have experience or talent with (or access to) Photoshop, it would probably be a better idea to have people request gym badges from you and then people would start to see your multiple works.

But is it seriously copywritten?

Server_Crash, that's a very good sprite. I especially like the white panel on the front, and the detail like the green band around the horn. Perhaps it needs something else, as it's a bit simplistic, but I couldn't think what that would be. Well done!

Since a lot of people don't have experience or talent with (or access to) Photoshop, it would probably be a better idea to have people request gym badges from you and then people would start to see your multiple works.

But is it seriously copywritten?
Technically "yes" since copyright exists the moment someone makes something original. But since it isn't registered, I can't file any lawsuits for image misuse (not like I'd want to spend time or money to do that anyways).

Yeah, I was kinds kidding about the best sprite ever part, it was kind of a joke and the left (facing us) wing is down a pixel or two, but I don't want to scratch the lower half of it again. I will make more real sprites soon.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I got bored and did this for myself. I could... possibly... do more if someone really wants them. EDIT: It won't show here, but it IS in my avatar. I'll upload it to Photobucket eventually.

=/ I want someone to critique my work...I want to make improvements too!

Well, that is the whole point of the thread, so you don't need to beg for it and you even have your own art thread. One thing about your sprites: most of them aren't true sprites because you add effects of sorts into them. Others, like Kum, I do like, because of the simplicity and the humor.

@Saeglopur: Thanks! Don't worry, it's awesome!

I was thinking, mabie someone else can also do an avatar as well, so that i could have an avi on stand by in the future.

If anyones up to it, it has the same stuff as before. (Shaymin-s, the word Iggy, is epic)

Here is a Dragonite Dex I started working on
The first picture is the original Dragonite B/W Sprite; it does not belong to me; it belongs to it's respective owner; it's just for refrence.

Camidea, you should make your sprites transparent, but I do like the new palette, it might look good on a garchomp.

-Charmander-, is the second one charizard? I like the start of it, especially palkia and dragonair, but the garchomp one needs more of a fusion feel rather than a disguise with new ears.

Here is a Dragonite Dex I started working on
The first picture is the original Dragonite B/W Sprite; it does not belong to me; it belongs to it's respective owner; it's just for refrence.
I think these are brilliant, especially the Palkia and Dragonair ones. Could you try a Mewtwo? :)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so I know I made some huge requests on the previous page, but I'd like to cut it down to a much more simple one.
I'd love a Cranidos crying behind jail cell bars in the background, and Metang Bullet Punching a Rhydon in the foreground. Thanks!

ps. here's a link to the site: http://middlecup.net
just to give you an idea -- make it about the same area that the sprites take up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)