Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
This might be a dumb question, but I was wondering:

If I were to give a Shed Skin Scrafty a Chesto Berry in case Shed Skin didn't activate upon using Rest, would the Chesto Berry be activated first, or would it only activate if Shed Skin didn't?

(In other words, which will activate first? The berry, or the ability?)
Chesto would activate as soon as it fell asleep, not giving Shed Skin time to try to activate.

This is probably a dumb question, but what all is there about Jellicent that makes it better than Slowbro/king? 'Cause the former seem to have similar if not slightly better stats, similar resists, good ability with Regeneration, pretty decent Sp. Atk with a good movepool to go behind it, way better in TR due to the better attack and boosting moves (NP, etc), can support a team better in a multibattle with Healing Pulse, so forth. Is it the fighting immunity with HJK Blaziken running amok? Water Absorb? Escavalier? What?

This is probably a dumb question, but what all is there about Jellicent that makes it better than Slowbro/king? 'Cause the former seem to have similar if not slightly better stats, similar resists, good ability with Regeneration, pretty decent Sp. Atk with a good movepool to go behind it, way better in TR due to the better attack and boosting moves (NP, etc), can support a team better in a multibattle with Healing Pulse, so forth. Is it the fighting immunity with HJK Blaziken running amok? Water Absorb? Escavalier? What?
Jellicent has enough speed to taunt, has great HP, amazing typing in ghost which allows it to spinblock too, and can use water absorb, which is great

Athenodoros

How common is stuff like Roar, Dragon Tail, & the like?
Quite common. You wouldn't see it every match but we can't say much more than that. Why do you want to know?

Assuming you mean latter, Typing and ability is partially it (No weakness to U-turn, more immunities etc.) and the ability to beat Blaziken so reliably is great. I think a lot of it is just the novelty of it.

I use Slowking.

Athenodoros

I hear that a few people know a few things. Although the fact that not even one person is over 1500 might suggest otherwise atm.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Is the standard life orb scizor (at +0 attack) capable of 2HKO'ing the standard adamant/jolly lucario (assuming he only has 4 EV's in defense and max HP and defense IV's)??

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assuming you mean latter, Typing and ability is partially it (No weakness to U-turn, more immunities etc.) and the ability to beat Blaziken so reliably is great. I think a lot of it is just the novelty of it.
Ability to beat Blaziken without Night Slash/Shadow Claw. Those with either can use it to get a free SD, two turns of Speed Boost, and a KO. Burungeru is not a Blaziken counter. Granted, Slowbro/king doesn't do any better.

How do you rebattle Trainers in BW?

Also, what's a good nature for an in-game Snivy?
The only trainer that have rematches are:
~SS Unova (level 50+)
~Black City (Random, minimum is 30 and maximum is 68)
~Rotation/Triple Battles at 8th Gym's City (Level ~38)
~Game Freak employee (Level 70+)
~Cynthia (Level 70+)
~Rivals (Level 60+)
~E4 (Level 71-75)

@voodoo pimp: I think it means that in case of a double switch the mh pokemon is always considered to be switched out first(regardless of speed). Doesn't look like much but in case of stuff like Eccentric/Drizzle etc it determines which pokemon Ditto transforms into/which weather based ability activates first etc.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@voodoo pimp: I think it means that in case of a double switch the mh pokemon is always considered to be switched out first(regardless of speed). Doesn't look like much but in case of stuff like Eccentric/Drizzle etc it determines which pokemon Ditto transforms into/which weather based ability activates first etc.
But switching is listed as priority 6, and Pursuit as priority 7, so it should work that way (and possibly hit the switch-in at double power?). Has this been tested?

Does the everstone still have a chance pass on the mother's nature AND do the Power Items still pass their respective IV in BW?

I read somewhere that Umbroen's Meanlook pass set is ruined by fifth Gen Mechanics. Is this true? and if so What mechanics are responsible?

Quite common. You wouldn't see it every match but we can't say much more than that. Why do you want to know?
Just curious, I wanted to try some stat-uppers (Coil Around Serperior, Bulk Up Gallade, etc.) but was afraid that all the stat-ups would be worthless if my Pokemon kept getting sent out of battle. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)