Best Users of EVIOLITE

sleep wasn't nerfed, the counter resets every time you switch out, unlike the last 4 generations where the counter continued even if you switch out. If anything Sleep got a boost.

Marshtomp @ Eviolite Lv. 100 -- Torrent

Nature: Bold - EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef

•Earthquake
•Scald
•Ice Beam
•Stealth Rock

I have found that Tangela is not as good with eviolite as it's evolution is with leftovers. Tangrowth has much more HP, so the difference in damage is negligible and after leftovers Tangrowth will have more HP than Tangela would have had. The only plus to Tangela w/ Eviolite is the added special defense.

I have found that Tangela is not as good with eviolite as it's evolution is with leftovers. Tangrowth has much more HP, so the difference in damage is negligible and after leftovers Tangrowth will have more HP than Tangela would have had. The only plus to Tangela w/ Eviolite is the added special defense.
+2 Lucario Close Combat:

Tangela (252/252+)= 64.97~76.65 %
Tangrowth (252/252+)= 75.99~89.36 % (OHKO 15.38% of the time with SR)

Choice Specs Latios Surf:

Tangela (252/0)= 62.87~73.95 %
Tangrowth (252/0)=66.58~78.22 %

As you can see, Tangela takes hits better making it a superior dedicated wall (access to recovery from leech seed and giga drain as well as decent SpA); however, Tangrowth, with his relatively good mixed attacking stats, functions as a tank better.

Well, I can't provide damage calcs, but I can provide stats. Both of them assume a Bold Nature and 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp. Defense (the usual distribution for Calm Mind sets).

Duosion
HP: 334
Defense: 324
Sp. Def: 235

Reuniclus
HP: 424
Defense: 273
Sp. Def: 207

Duosion clearly has better Defenses, but Reuniclus has much better HP, access to Leftovers, and (on another note) access to Focus Blast. Still, Duosion can be a great UU version of Reuniclus.

Vigoroth is near identical to Gurdurr in the Defenses dept, both can run Bulk Up sets. Vigoroth gets the nod because it has Slack Off but Gurdurr can go attacking.

breh

強いだね
oh god vigoroth

vigoroth is fucking evil. I have had unfortunate encounters with that thing; it's like a deo-d just with a less abusable typing and a stronger STAB.

iirc it was running return/taunt/slack off/toxic.

Or even worse, Bulk Up / Slack Off / filler / filler. It hates Toxic, but that's what it's other teammates are for, perhaps Nidoqueen, Nidoking, or Sigilyph.

Edit: Ninja'd

What about lickitung? With 90/75/75 defenses a massive support movepool with moves like knock off, wish, heal bell, stat up moves like curse. And a wide offensive movepool (but middling offensive stats) Access to Seismic Toss and Toxic helps it deal damage, but it makes a great wall and booster with curse.

Even in the lowest available tier (RU), we have the more preferable Lickilicky. That thing has even more options, as well as more of an offensive presence (though it's still mostly support-oriented).

Probably already been suggested, but what the hell:

Onix @ Eviolite
Rock Head
Careful/Impish (depends whether you want a higher Def or SDef)

Sandstorm
Stealth Rock
Double-Edge
Bind/Dragon Tail

Stealth Rock discourages your opponent from switching around. Double-Edge with no recoil is sublime thanks to Rock Head (I dismissed sturdy immediately because, with Onix's massive Defense, it's not really necessary). Sandstorm gives Onix's abysmal SDefense a further 50% boost and, combined with Bind, allows you to stall out some damage (the generation shift has now helpfully extended Bind's duration to 4/5 turns). The only downside to that strategy is that it leaves you vulnerable to ghost-types, who won't be affected by either Bind or Double-Edge, which is why Dragon Tail is there. Dragon Tail also allows you to force a switch onto your opponent, which could really mess them up if they're using a Baton Pass team.

Onix has remarkably low Attack, so Double-Edge won't do much. It might still need Sturdy; while its Defense is outright massive, its HP and Sp. Defense are both low (even with Eviolite and Sandstorm on the latter), so a good Surf/Hydro Pump/Grass Knot/Giga Drain will kill it without Sturdy. Finally, try Roar over Dragon Tail. Substitutes block the phazing effect of Dragon Tail, and Onix won't even be breaking those Subs.

Onix has remarkably low Attack, so Double-Edge won't do much. It might still need Sturdy; while its Defense is outright massive, its HP and Sp. Defense are both low (even with Eviolite and Sandstorm on the latter), so a good Surf/Hydro Pump/Grass Knot/Giga Drain will kill it without Sturdy. Finally, try Roar over Dragon Tail. Substitutes block the phazing effect of Dragon Tail, and Onix won't even be breaking those Subs.
Good advice, you can tell I'm a noob. Onix does need an attacking move, otherwise it's just asking to be taunted, so STAB Earthquake would probably be the next choice. Using EQ also allows you to use Sturdy over Rock Head, insuring against OHKOs. Even so, Onix is still a pretty poor choice...

Good advice, you can tell I'm a noob. Onix does need an attacking move, otherwise it's just asking to be taunted, so STAB Earthquake would probably be the next choice. Using EQ also allows you to use Sturdy over Rock Head, insuring against OHKOs. Even so, Onix is still a pretty poor choice...
Eviolite Onix is pretty much a worse version of Shuckle stat-wise TBH.

Rhydon isn't a bad eviolite user. Whether or not it's more useful than Rhyperior can be debated, but it's still very usable. Shuckle is gimmicky, so no, Shuckle is not > Rhydon.

well I dont understand too much how the eviolite functions

mm for example:
Don't forget the Perish Set (thanks to Bologo):

[SET]
name: Perish Trapper
move1: Perish Song
move2: Mean Look
move3: Roost
move4: FeatherDance / Taunt
item: Evolution Stone
nature: Sassy
ability: Prankster
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe

I've tried this thing and you can take down even ubers like Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc.
in this set, with the evs murkrow have 121 def and 201 in SpD in the stats, my question is: How many the eviolite it increases?

and what is the formula to know?

Eviolite functions as a pseudo-+1 to Special/Defense, hence its a 50% boost to the stats: the Murkrow will function with 181 Defense and 301 SpD.

Shuckle and Rhydon fill different roles, Rhydon can only tank physical hits outside sandstorm, and can hit back with STAB Stone Edge, and STAB Earthquake, Shuckle tanks even special hits outside sandstorm, but afterwards functions like an inferior chansey, unless you run Power Swap, then you have an extremely potent trick room sweeper

SJCrew brought this up a while back with Rhydon, but unless you are going to be taking a lot of nuetral hits, the loss of Solid rock is not worth the step down from Rhyperior to Rhydon. Rhyperior is still allowed in RU I believe, so I would not consider Rhydon to be a good evolite user.

Imagine Skarmory had an evolution....Eviolite would be perma-banned LOL.

Lickitung has Cloud Nine and decent defenses and suporting movepool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)