Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THREE identical challenges!

3v3 FE Singles [Training!]
Both trainers will choose from a public bank of 8, sent to the ref.
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Switch = KO
2-day DQ
1 Sub
ASB Arena

No items is preferable.
Alch has agreed via VM to change this to Switch=OK and hence I am taking the second of the challenges. Lets run with No items and All abilities to go along with that.

Also if someone wants to take up the third of the matches then I'll even ref it for them. Aren't I a nice guy?

Open challenge.

1 vs 1 FE Training Singles (Preferably 20 or less moves)
1 day DQ (2 for ref if needed)
ASB Arena
0 Recoveries/5 Chills
1 Sub

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I haven't had any matches in a while, so it's time to change that! >:3

Battle type: 2v2 Strongmon Singles
DQ Time: 2 days
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Substitutions: 2
Music: Super Smash Land - Tower of Heaven
Arena: Tower of Heaven

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

[/HIDE]
Items On
Switch=KO
Sequences Off
One Ability
refff please? :)

Challenging Typhon!

1v1 NFE Singles
1 Substitution
Switch=WTF?
ASB Arena
Training Items

Anything else Typhon can do/standard.

EDIT: Sorry typon, i want in that match. Maybe another time.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present ...

Objection's 4000-post melee extravaganza

Objection is going to ref the following:

2v2v2v2v2v2 (that's 6 people) singles melee
3-day DQ for players, 7-day DQ for ref
2 actions per round
Orders are PM'd to the ref
As for the rest ...
  • First person to accept decides whether FE, NFE, weakmons, strongmons, etc.
  • Second person to accept decides number of recoveries and chills
  • Third person to accept decides number of subs
  • Fourth person to accept decides whether switch = OK or switch = KO
  • Fifth person to accept decides whether items are on, training only or off
  • Sixth person to accept decides how many abilities

Arena: #onion

This is the IRC channel owned by Onion_Bubs. His arena is a futuristic, metallic, 100ft-by-100ft square room with all sorts of neon lights and machinery and other futuristic stuff in the background. The room has a small pool of water that can be used as a water source and there are some exotic plants and rocks beside this pool that can be used as an external grass source and rock source respectively. The ceiling has been fitted with weather simulation technology so weather moves and other moves that require an outdoors arena can be used. Onion_Bubs will be using some of his functions in this battle:

!rate

At the end of every round, Onion_Bubs will rate one move used during that round, including commands like Chill but not including any arena-specific commands. The more a move is used during the round, the more likely it is to be rated; however, each move will only ever be rated once. The usability of that move will be determined by Onion_Bubs' rating:
  • If Onion_Bubs' rating for that move is between 0 and 3, the move will be banned for the rest of the battle and no pokemon may use it.
  • A rating between 4 and 6 has no effect.
  • If the rating is between 7 and 9, the move will be impossible to prevent by any means, including but not limited to Taunt, Torment, Disable and even Encore on a different move.
  • If Onion_Bubs rates the move 10 out of 10, then as well as the effect of a rating between 7 and 9, the move can be used even by pokemon that don’t know it.

!bombgame

Onion_Bubs has brought his bomb with him so everyone can play the bomb game. At the end of the first round, one active pokemon will be chosen at random to hold the bomb. The pokemon may then pass the bomb to another pokemon with the !give command, which never costs energy, has 0 priority and cannot be locked into with Encore or prevented by Taunt, Torment, Disable and similar effects.

At the end of each action, the bomb has a chance of exploding. This chance starts at 2%. If the bomb does not explode, the chance of it exploding increases by a flat 2% and the pokemon regains energy equal to the number of rounds the bomb has been in play for. If the bomb does explode, the pokemon holding it takes damage equal to half its maximum HP and, at the end of the round, Onion_Bubs will conjure up a new bomb and choose a pokemon at random to hold this new bomb.

If the pokemon holding the bomb switches out, the replacement automatically takes the bomb.

!no

During the battle, pokemon may use the !no command. This may only be used on the first action of a round, costs 20 energy, has higher priority than everything else and cannot be locked into with Encore or prevented by Torment, Disable and similar effects, with the exception of Taunt.

If the !no command is successfully used, the entire round is rendered null and void, except that every pokemon that used this command pays the energy cost. This command cannot be used if it was successfully used in the previous round, and once a pokemon successfully uses the !no command, it cannot be used again by any pokemon on that team.

!summon

Pokemon may use the !summon command if the player is in trouble. Like the !no command, the !summon command can only be used on the first action of a round. It costs 30 energy, has higher priority than everything else except the !no command and cannot be locked into with Encore or prevented by Torment, Disable and similar effects, with the exception of Taunt.

When a pokemon uses the !summon command, the player must choose a pokemon from their ASB profile that is not involved in the battle. If the player has no pokemon to choose from, then the !summon command fails. If the command is used successfully, the chosen pokemon is summoned to the arena with 30 energy at the end of the round and can be controlled by its owner. The summoned pokemon is granted immunity to everything except energy KO. However, summoned pokemon cannot regain energy by any means and cannot get EC, MC or DC, but they can get KOC. Once a pokemon successfully uses the !summon command, it cannot be used again by any pokemon on that team.

Update

Perish Song has been banned from the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)