1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complications

Complications

Accepting
    Switch=KO
    2 Recoveries

I could destroy you with Revenankh, knowing you meant basic NFEs, but I'm not cruel :3

Sequences shall be fascinating.
  2. King Serperior

King Serperior

I challenge Complications to a 4v4 Doubles battle!!
    2/5 Recoveries/chills
    Abilities = all
    Items = no
    Switch = boiled alive.

Arena: The Soup Table!!!
    Show Hide

The Soup Table is basically the same as the normal Soup arena except for a little twist:

There are Two soup bowls!!! As this is a double battle, one pokemon from both sides have one soup bowl to themselves and the other side has a soup bowl to themselves.

This means that one of my mons and one of Comp's mons will have a soup bowl and the other two will have their own.

A mon in one soup bowl cannot use anything from the other mon's bowl. This is to prevent OP attacks.

This will be a standard double battle otherwise: Both mons can attack any foe out there.

When someone sends out a mon in the beginning of the first round, desiginate which bowl it will draw upon: Left or Right. The bowl selection does not mean that it has to defeat the mon that it is sharing the bowl. It can still attack the other.

Complications, do you accept?
  3. Complications

Complications

Accepting. KS also said via VM (you can view)
  4. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

Requesting referee.
  5. Wobbanaut

Wobbanaut

I'm declaring an open challenge
    2vs2 LC singles
    5chiils/2recoveries
    2 day DQ
    2subs
    Note , the battle has to wait for my team to get approved
  6. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

Taking above.
    Items On (ahahah, uh, sorry)
    Switch=KO
    ASB Arena
    Sequences Off
  7. SubwayJ

SubwayJ

Well waterwarrior dropped my battle soo...
    3v3 LC Freshmons (haven't been in any battles yet)
    Singles, Doubles or Triples (acceptors choice)
    Idc arena (you choose)
    Idc chills/recovers
    2day DQ
  8. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

Taking Wobbanaut VS Orcinus, PM me teams
  9. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

taking, pm mons

also jess i have doorknob's mons (finally) so if you or him could post the op that would be just peachy

ALSO:

open challenge
    4v4 Singles (i'm bringing 1 FE, 1 Middlemon, 2 UT, don't be a dick and blatantly overpower me)
    ASB Arena
    1 Day DQ
    2 recover/5 chill if possible
    2 subs

time to use all of my pokemon in a single battle!
  10. typon77

typon77

If you're gonna break my win streak, can we do it on an even playing field? As in the ASB Arena? Post to confirm

Also,

Switch = Derp
    Training Items Only
  11. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

Um, get rid of the fighting move weakening. And make all mons start with 110 en.
    A our ref is AOPS user, just so you know.
  12. TheWolfe

TheWolfe

I haven't had any matches in a while, so it's time to change that! >:3

Battle type: 2v2 Strongmon Singles
    DQ Time: 2 days
    Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
    Substitutions: 2
    Music: Super Smash Land - Tower of Heaven
    Arena: Tower of Heaven
    Tower of Heaven (open)
    [​IMG]

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Battle type: 2v2 LC Freshmon Singles
    DQ Time: 2 days
    Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
    Substitutions: 2
    Music: Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
    Arena: Korski's Pokemon Online Battle Simulator
    Pokemon Online Battle Simulator (open)

ARENA: Pokemon Online Battle Simulator
    Field Type: Neutral
    Complexity: Moderate
    Format: All

Restrictions:
    • Non-attack-based movements (e.g. dodging, "creating distance," etc.) are prohibited; the Pokemon stand in place to launch attacks.
    • ALL moves have PP! The PP of a move is equal to its in-game PP / 2, rounded up. This means that the move Fire Blast (5 PP) has 5/2^=3 PP, Leech Seed (10 PP) has 10/2=5 PP, Bullet Punch (30 PP) has 30/2=15 PP, etc., and so an individual move cannot be used more times than it has PP for the move over the course of the match (the ref will keep track of this). HP and Energy consumption are calculated normally. Recovery and Chill restrictions are enforced normally. No abilities or moves can effect the PP of a particular move (Pressure et. al. conform to ASB standards). Combo attacks take 1 PP from each attack in the combo.
    • Charge and Recharge moves (e.g. SolarBeam, Hyper Beam, Fly, Dig, etc.) take TWO ACTIONS to complete (unless particluar field effects allow them to forego the turn, e.g. Sunlight + SolarBeam) at .75x energy per turn, rounded up and have +/- 0 priority for both Actions (so Fly would cost 5 energy on each of its two turns for a total of 10, as opposed to 6 energy over 1 turn; Hyper Beam would cost 16 energy over two Actions and the Poke would do nothing on the second Action).

Description:

We're in trippy territory here, simulating competitive Pokemon while simulating anime-style Pokemon battling, and battling on a competitive Pokemon battling simulator. Each trainer will hook their Pokemon up to some expensive technology that allows them to compete in virtual reality against each other! So, just picture the PO experience you know so well as teams square off! The technology does not allow for spacial movement of any kind, so the competitors will just sort of stare at each other, doing damage and whatnot, and each competitor will only have a few chances to use any single move before they have to Struggle! Other than that, it's fair game!
  13. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I have no friends.
  14. SubwayJ

SubwayJ

2v2 LC Doubles
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock arena
    Idc chills/recovers
    2 Day DQ
    2subs
    Rock (open)

The battle takes place in regular ASB arena however there is a twist.
    Every round both battlers PM the ref either Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard or Spock.
    Whichever user "Loses" the matchup has 10dmg dealt to each of his/her active Pokemon.
    For those who don't know

Rock: Beats - scissors, lizard. Loses to - Paper, Spock
    Paper: Beats - Spock, Rock. Loses to - Scissors, Lizard
    Scissors: Beats - lizard, paper. Loses to - Spock, Rock
    Lizard: Beats - Paper, Spock. Loses to - Scissors, Rock
    Spock: Beats - Scissors, Rock. Loses to Paper, Lizard
  15. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

Accepting SubwayJ.

Unlimited Chills/no recovers
  16. SubwayJ

SubwayJ

AOPS: Abilities, Items???
  17. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

Abilities=All
    Items=Off
  18. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

taking, pm mons and first round hand puppet

someone else post op, icbb cant
  19. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Challenging Rediamond

12v12 FE Triples
    ASB Arena
    5 chills/2 recovers
    2 Day Player DQ, 1 week Ref DQ
    2 subs

And challenging jas

12v12 FE Triples
    ASB Arena
    5 chills/2 recovers
    2 Day Player DQ, 1 week Ref DQ
    2 subs

To refs: Please only take these battles if you can remain active, thanks very much :)
  20. Temperantia

Temperantia

I'll take one of these, Alch. Is it okay if i bring 1 NFE?

All abilities
    No Items
  21. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

OK, lets do this.
    Items = no
    Switch = no
    Abilities = all
  22. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    Doubles Co-Lead

dropping my previous challenge, issuing THREE identicals:

2v2 LC DOUBLES
    infinite recover/chill
    2 subs
    ASB arena
    1 day DQ
  23. typon77

typon77

Taking one.

Training Items
    Switch = Stunfisk
  24. Rediamond

Rediamond

Accepting. Same terms as jas.
  25. Mr.L

Mr.L

Accepting. PM me mons (Texas, please send 2 diff pms?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)