just wanted to let you all know i finally broke 500 with my battle tower team :)
DAWN - latias
timid - choice scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 182 Def / 76 Spe
Stats: 187 HP / x Atk / 133 Def / x Sp Atk / 150 Sp Def / 154 Spe
Moves: Trick, Charm, Thunderwave, Recover
CLAW - registeel
careful - leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 146 Def / 12 Sp Def
Stats: 186 HP / 108 Atk / 188 Def / x Sp Atk / 189 Sp Def / 68 Spe
Moves: Substitute, Curse, Amnesia, Iron Head
CHARLIE - salamence
adamant - lum berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Sp Def
Stats: 170 HP / 205 Atk / 100 Def / x Sp Atk / 101 Sp Def / 152 Spe
Moves: Substitute, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake
nothing special, right? didnt exactly improve my standing in the list, eh? well, maybe i did:
yup, bozo moves into top spot on the d/p battle tower list ^^. i was a bit bored after my platinum streak ended, so thought i'd just have a whirl at diamond, seeing as i wasnt even on the board (previous best of 101 there i think, at least on the game i did this streak on). just for kicks i decided i'd play it without looking at any lists - it made it a lot more fun, especially since i had no prior knowledge of the d/p sets (choice scarf horn drill rhyperior wtf?!). all damage calculations were done in my head too. i wanted to play this streak like a man.
so yeah, ive been keeping this streak secret, since usually when i post about how i'm going i lose pretty soon after. if i lose after this i don't really mind because, at least for a short time, i'm on top of the list, and i may just keep it at 504* anyway...... d/p is painfully slow.
youtube video to come maybe. (it's a bit boring with way more registeel "sweeps" than salamence). EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3AQ_Eva1I
EDIT: final picture:
how it ended:
- i was watching tv so i dont even remember the first pokemon. but it was some legend which registeel set up on easily.
- next pokemon is heatran. at full health these guys are pretty easy to handle. i select substitute just in case i had taken enough damage from the previous foe, and it uses fire fang and doesnt break the sub. this is good because fire fang heatran is so easy to beat usually.
- next turn FF breaks my sub and i sub again.
- FF, iron head. i can see it will be a 5HKO as usual.
- i select IH again, but this time FF crits and breaks the sub (usually takes about 3 hits to break otherwise). IH gets it to just over half hp.
- FF burns, and i sub. FF did 20hp here, so i know i would have survived a non-crit FF the turn before.
- i figure now i need to KO this in 3 hits and then scramble for the last pokemon, which could be any legend. so, FF then IH which does hardly anything thanks to the burn which i had sorta forgotten about. i figure i am going to die of the burn before KO'ing heatran, so i switch back to latias, hoping i can maybe lower its attack and set salamence up with at least one DD.
- latias comes back in. FF, burns. this burn is hardly important, but the AI just thought it should throw it in i guess.
- charm, explosion. it doesnt quite KO me, but burn takes me down to 5hp. what will the last pokemon be......
- out comes regice. ok, this might not be as bad as it sounds. i thunderwave, seeing as not much else will be any good. (i could have recovered, but it would be risky at best, since i'd have to hope it didnt use ice beam.) it kills me with thunderbolt.
- i thought about looking up the sets to see what it might have had, but decided to stick to my guns of not consulting the lists.
- in the end i decided i'd have to try and weaken it with burned iron head for a couple of turns and then see if i could finish it with outrage. and you never know, it might be FP for one turn which would basically give me a victory.
- IH, thunderbolt. IH does about 30% or so. leftovers restores its health.
- protect! IH does nothing. now i have really only one more IH unless it is FP.
- IH, thunderbolt crit! noncrit would not have killed me, but i would prob have died to burn, so whatever. again, the AI just wanted me to know it was in charge of this battle!
- out comes salamence. im pretty sure outrage cannot do 75% to regice, which is roughly what its at after lefties. so i choose sub, hoping for a FP, but....
- sub, ice beam.
- sub, ice beam.
- sub, ice beam.
- sub, ice beam.
- i am now naked at 2hp, while regice is pretty much at full hp. it could still be FP, or i could get a crit.
- outrage (about 65% damage, meaning i could not have KO'd it previously). ice beam. the end!
and now for a jumpman-style analysis of the hax. these things needed
to happen for me to lose this match:
- crit FF to break my sub. 1/16
- FF burn the very next turn before i subbed. 1/10
- regice moving 9 times in a row while it was paralyzed. (3/4)^9
- regice not flinching in the two turns IH hit. (4/5)^2
- grand total = 1/3329 - for comparison, 6 OHKO moves hitting you in a row has odds of 1/1371.
note that i didnt even count things like "odds that the last poke is regice" or the random burn on latias and CH on registeel. (maybe i should also have counted "three non-CH's on regice which would take the odds to 1/4040.) well, i feel sad that the streak had to end, but at least it ended in the way most good streaks end, with stupid hax.