Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

nah, if you have battle videos every 150-200 battles it isnt suspicious at all to post "hi im at 957" or whatever if you have the videos/IDs to prove it
Okay, but it is also acceptable to just show screenshots of the record board for the progress numbers, concluding with a video of the loss? I might upload a video to Wi-Fi if it's sufficiently high and of a loss... I usually refrain from using Wi-Fi since my connection to it is quite... temperamental.

i think i've mentioned it in this thread (i did on my visitor wall where someone asked lol) that only two of 100 trainers can specialize in gliscor1 (collector)...it's funny that given you later faced a focus band poke we still cant be sure what trainer you faced (unless you tell us) cause most of the focus band pokes you could have faced are both set1 pokes AND pokes a hiker/cyclist would have used (tyra, bast, rhyp, nido, golem...lopunny arcy and vict being the only non set1 focus band pokes basically).
I saved the video (deleted for a really-close-call battle since then); it was Collector Newman.

so it was kind of a 50/50 chance you were facing a collector, which you'd obviously trick...but if it was a hiker/cyclist, i can flash with no real worries at all, it 100% has to SD turn one, SD turn two as i go to drapion, EQ as i go back to mesprit (it will always do this), then AA after I trick. you won't be surprised to hear me say that this has never happened given the improbability that we can face gliscor1 and NOT know it beforehand...iirc it's only happened once and it went flash/sd, go drapion/aa, go mesprit/eq, trick/sd for the win
Long story short, I would've been fine if I'd actually checked the list, which I always do for Gliscor when I'm at home with my on-screen list. Also, why do you suggest Flash even though AA never misses? That was part of the reason I couldn't stay alive long enough, but in the end it was the Focus Band hax which could only have really been avoided (though I've been through double-FB incidents back in DP) by having my *mystery* new sweeper Subbed. So, uh... what's the actual chance of facing a Gliscor and not knowing which set it is? Also, I'll reveal that I'm not using Drapion in my current team. I did train one as you saw in my last video, so I should use it one day...

Interesting fact: Every time I've faced Bird Keeper Eliza, she has used Gliscor3. I've faced her about 4 times in recent memory, so I guess it's not enough proof of anything.

Also, I must be hallucinating because I swear I only faced 2 pokes in one of my battles... I must be losing it. Should've saved the video...

hey im trying my had at the battle tower right now
latias scizor mence
the sets are all standard for the battle tower
so far im at 35 wins yay
what move does palmers heatran use against latias when i trick it?

Most likely Flash Cannon since it used that on my Flygon 100% of the time the past 9 or 10 times they faced each other, and Flygon and Latias have fairly similar typing (and same ability)

ok, i just had a nice haxy battle. it went my way - over 8 turns this is what happened to the AI:

1. FP
  2. an 80% move missed (i cant remember the move but i recorded the video)
  3. FP
  4. FP
  5. FP
  6. FP
  7. FP
  8. FP
i was setting up DD during some of this, and was considering doing a few more meaningless DD's just to see how long it would take to move. for comparison, FP is 1/4 so 6 consecutive FP's is as likely as 3 consecutive crits.

needless to say it didnt make much difference at all to the outcome of the battle, but of course the AI will get the reverse situation when it suits him (eg a lead metagross will get loads of attack rises).

also, this morning i had two occurrences of:

1. registeel sets up on lead pokemon, kills second pokemon, and gets his sub broken by a crit from second pokemon.
  2. third poke gets a crit EQ on steel.
the first one was an aggron which didnt KO me, and i survived to win (it was the sash one). the second was CB dragonite, so it was a piece of cake for salamence.

I'm going with Starmie, Tyranitar, and Garchomp right now. Lead Starmie, Garchomp has Outrage, Fire Fang, EQ, Crunch, Tyranitar has EQ, Stone Edge, and I'm trying to decide between crunch, aqua tail, thunder punch, and avalanche for it's last 2 moves...suggestions?

I'm trying "my" version of the TrickScarf team. I'm just starting, but will post pictures if my streak is big enough :)

Hey Peterko and Jumpman, looks like you've got some fierce new competition! And even worse, the source of the competition is a site well known for not being a noob-haven, and also for being far more advanced than Smogon! You guessed it, Serebii.

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=438623

Not to mention that the person isn't aware of Jumpman's surpassing Peterko's previous top record...

there is some point in the game that it doesn't want to let you win (hax)
as i'm progressing my way through the bt, a PI challenged me

PI Chester
602 | Lapras | Impish | Quick Claw | Sheer Cold | Perish Song | Sing | Confuse Ray | Def/SpD
948 | Heatran | Quiet | Focus Sash | Magma Storm | Flash Cannon | Earth Power | Explosion | Atk/SpA
736 | Walrein | Bold | Lax Incense | Sheer Cold | Fissure | Rest | Sleep Talk | Def/SpD

lol, look at the pokemon he's using
anyways, too lazy to type what happened but here's the video i uploaded via nintendo wfc
video no.: 26-39851-85633

no youtube vid, sorry :(

"drapion is uber"

Hey Peterko and Jumpman, looks like you've got some fierce new competition! And even worse, the source of the competition is a site well known for not being a noob-haven, and also for being far more advanced than Smogon! You guessed it, Serebii.

Not to mention that the person isn't aware of Jumpman's surpassing Peterko's previous top record...
like their going to break jumps record with that team
lol
lead has 2 wrong attacks and the others are missing sub'
they obviously dont understand why the latias lead works or how to use it correctly

Laugh out loud.

*Facepalm* Lol his team. If he gets over 100 im surprised.

platinum battle tower Wi-fi

Alright here it goes! I'm gonna talk about my pokemon platinum battle tower Wi-Fi streak! and hope It's enough information to get on the records. I usually don't pay attention to dates with my streaks but all this happened january 27.2010. I've battled at the battle tower Wi-Fi before this record and became rank 5 using various strong teams but Got knocked back to rank 4.so starting at rank 4 o wins room001 I used the following team:Metagross/nickname Darthgross.Ev spread:1OO-hp,56-deffense,100-special deffense,252-speed.nature jolly.ability-clear body.Item:choice scarf.move set=trick,ice punch,iron head,earthquake.Rhyperior/ROCK SAND,gender female.Ev spread: 252-hp,100-attack,159-deffense.nature impish,ability-solid rock.Item:leftovers.move set=earthquake,ice punch,swords dance,rock polish.Shedinja/ THE HOKAGE.Ev spread: 252-attack,252-speed.nature adament,ability-wonder guard.Item:focus sash.move set=X scissor,shadow sneak,dig,swords dance.OK! my strategy:metagross comes out first and uses trick usualy,however this varies with what opponet comes out first,example: garchomp(very common foe on Wi-Fi nowadays)I go first with choice scarf and Ice punch the shark dragon,either one hit ko's it or leaves it on red,I take the the stab earthquake then knok it out in this case. anywho,if the opponet is stuck with choice scarf I retreat metagross and pitch in shedinja or rhyperior(depending on the foe yet again) max out attack for shedinja and shadow sneak every one away.and because of shedinja's abillity some trainers on Wi-Fi itnstantly loose against this.If I pitch in rhyperior,I max out attack and speed and every gets knocked out in one hit,and since rhyperior's speed is approximatley 400+ no one out runs me,except for other choice scarf users like garchomp yet again,however because of rhyperiors solid rock ability,It takes the earthquake(or any other phisical super effetive hit) on very high green hp.problems? fire type using trainers,namely fun infenapes who come out first causes us problems.and abov all else weather effect teams,which include the mighty tyraniter(perfect garcomp protcetor).abomasnow teams usually loose since I have metagross out first.so using the above mentioned pokemon and stratagies,I beat all 7 on room 001 rank 4-beame rank 5,entered again same team same thing! beat all 7 room 001 rank 5(by the way the trainers where different sinse I was rank 5,plus You can't keep choosing the same room on the same rank in the first place)became rank 6 entered room 001 for that rank, beat 6 trainers and lost against the last opponet.A japanese trainer who used metagross,garchomp,and vaporeon.would've beat them if the're garchomp did'nt make my shedinja flinch with fire fang(common computer luck which happens even in Wi-Fi,it's just the computer using someone's loaded pokemon after all).So that's my streak! 20 opponets beat,rank 4-rank 6.Pokemon Platinum battle tower Wi-Fi!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ above: "enter" is your friend

off topic, how/why do people from serebii.net know about that dude "Peterko" and who is that loser anyway?

I don´t know what he´d think about his name being juggled with over at serebii.net, whether he´d be pleased, amused or afraid hahaha

also about that guy with his super awesome aligatr team, I´d say he trolled or meant it as a joke, I mean the way he exaggerated...right?

on topic (?) decided not to pursue the tower for now, I need new, slightly better pokémon, I will probably wait until HGSS for a latias...I´m researching the hall, kind of. Making a list of challenger/oponent levels, because sometimes beating your counters is a matter of a few stat points/damage

something like this

Level 100 Challenger
01-70, 02-72, 03-74, 04-76, 05-78, 06-80, 07-82, 08-84, 09-86, 10-88
11-71, 12-73, 13-75, 14-77, 15-79, 16-81, 17-83, 18-85, 19-87, 20-89
21-71, 22-73, 23-75, 24-77, 25-79, 26-81, 27-83, 28-85, 29-87, 30-89
31-72, 32-74, 33-76, 34-78, 35-80, 36-82, 37-84, 38-86, 39-88, 40-90
41-72, 42-74, 43-76, 44-78, 45-80, 46-82, 47-84, 48-86, 49-88, 50-100

Level 60 Challenger
01-37, 02-39, 03-40, 04-42, 05-43, 06-45, 07-47, 08-48, 09-50, 10-51
11-38, 12-39, 13-41, 14-42, 15-??, 16-46, 17-47, 18-49, 19-50, 20-52
21-38, 22-40, 23-41, 24-43, 25-44, 26-46, 27-48, 28-49, 29-51, 30-52
31-39, 32-40, 33-42, 34-43, 35-45, 36-47, 37-48, 38-50, 39-51, 40-53
41-39, 42-41, 43-42, 44-44, 45-45, 46-47, 47-49, 48-50, 49-52, 50-60
51-40, 52-41, 53-43, 54-44, 55-46, 56-48, 57-49, 58-51, 59-52, 60-54

if anyone cares, the lv.100 challenger was my LO starmie and Lady Argenta raikou thundered me at 50...lol I can´t believe I got to 60 with my 6x31 untrained moltres (yeah I know, facing only stuff that tres should be able to beat), #50 was zong btw.

also stuff like this

LUCARIO @ Liechi Berry
Brave, 255 Attack / 255 Sp.Attack
Moveset Aura Sphere, Focus Punch, ExtremeSpeed, Substitute
Level 100 281 – 350 – 176 – 329 – 176 – 194
Level 96 270 – 336 – 169 – 316 – 169 – 186
Level 50 145 – 178 – 90 – 167 – 90 – 99
Level 43 126 – 154 – 78 – 144 – 78 – 85
Level 42 123 – 149 – 76 – 141 – 76 – 83

there is some point in the game that it doesn't want to let you win (hax)
as i'm progressing my way through the bt, a PI challenged me

PI Chester
602 | Lapras | Impish | Quick Claw | Sheer Cold | Perish Song | Sing | Confuse Ray | Def/SpD
948 | Heatran | Quiet | Focus Sash | Magma Storm | Flash Cannon | Earth Power | Explosion | Atk/SpA
736 | Walrein | Bold | Lax Incense | Sheer Cold | Fissure | Rest | Sleep Talk | Def/SpD

lol, look at the pokemon he's using
anyways, too lazy to type what happened but here's the video i uploaded via nintendo wfc
video no.: 26-39851-85633

no youtube vid, sorry :(
dude, that's the whole point of PI's! everything they use have OHKO moves or explosion. you just gotta deal with them - jump+peterko would have faced on average about 50 of them in their 2000+ streaks (i think).

mwahahahaha :) apart from completely stating the obvious on several occasions, i just loved this one:

I don't need Sub. I have hax protection and I think this team will run smoothly up to 1000, I used a BT calculator (with real people) and this team will get to 1500.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Regarding IVs in the Battle Hall. Rank 10 Pokemon have IV26. Rank 1 Pokemon have IV8. I haven't throughly tested the IVs of Pokemon from Rank 2 to Rank 9. I'm guessing in increments by 2 from 8 to 26. I haven't done any testing for the Battle Hall Frontier Brain so I'm not sure if they have IV31 Pokemon or not.

It's funny how i use a similar set (but it isn't latias), and you laugh at that guy xD Btw, i restarted my challenge because OHKO moves are mean.

Regarding IVs in the Battle Hall. Rank 10 Pokemon have IV26. Rank 1 Pokemon have IV8. I haven't throughly tested the IVs of Pokemon from Rank 2 to Rank 9. I'm guessing in increments by 2 from 8 to 26. I haven't done any testing for the Battle Hall Frontier Brain so I'm not sure if they have IV31 Pokemon or not.
how can you tell it is 26? from speed checks and/or seismic toss checks?

also, how could you be sure it is not 25 (indistinguishable at level 50).

are you getting into the coding or something?

the brain would be harder to test i spose, given that you only get one shot at facing it, and dont know what it will be (cant be sure what speed to check it against). without getting into the coding, i guess you'd have to try and back up a save file at 49 or 169 and repeatedly try and see what you get. a real pity you cant read off the opponents stats once a ditto has transformed into them (not that it would ever make it past the first 9 battles of any set lol).

It's funny how i use a similar set (but it isn't latias), and you laugh at that guy xD Btw, i restarted my challenge because OHKO moves are mean.
well, to be honest its not 100% pathetic. sometimes latias does trick them into something that cant hurt her (eg dragon dance) and so theoretically could calm mind up and sweep. but it isnt going to be a good strategy for a long streak as this guy will find out at some stage.

i was thinking about lack of substitute and how screwed this team would be if the lead used a status move. but, ironically, it would be only latias that could deal with things like will-o-wisp etc, but something like thunderwave is gonna completely screw him. the only hope is to go to scizor and hope none of the opponents pokes will resist steel and he will never be FP lol...... (EDIT: other option would be to retrick on turn 2 and again on turn 3 to get it locked into something else which, hopefully, one of feraligatr or scizor could set up on)

my opinion is that this team could get to maybe 100 wins (might take a few tries) because there is nothing tooooooo seriously wrong with it. but it certainly doesnt have what it takes to "beat the hax" and go much further......

EDIT: also, i love how (as someone correctly pointed out) dragon dance + aqua jet is impossible to have on the same feraligatr, yet someone has already been using this team :)

i was thinking about lack of substitute and how screwed this team would be if the lead used a status move. but, ironically, it would be only latias that could deal with things like will-o-wisp etc, but something like thunderwave is gonna completely screw him. the only hope is to go to scizor and hope none of the opponents pokes will resist steel and he will never be FP lol...... (EDIT: other option would be to retrick on turn 2 and again on turn 3 to get it locked into something else which, hopefully, one of feraligatr or scizor could set up on)
In my case, i just stall status inducing moves with my lead, if it is confusion/infatuation i just switch in and out.

In my case, i just stall status inducing moves with my lead, if it is confusion/infatuation i just switch in and out.
what is your lead?

stalling out burn/toxic would be impossible for his latias seeing as it doesnt have recover.

well the good thing is i didn't lose :)
fair enough :) dont forget though you'll have to do it again and again and again if you get a big streak. my best without a trick team was 165. eventually i was overcome by one.

actually, after looking at that battle, i might have had a chance to win:

1. salamence vs walrein. switch to suicune. sheer cold misses.
  2. calm mind. sheer cold hits.
  3. switch back salamence. outrage doesnt KO. sheer cold hits.
  4. switch in blissey. a couple of meaningless seismic tosses while walrein first rests then misses a couple of fissures before nailing me with one.
after suicune was KO'd walrein only had 1 sheer cold left because of pressure. so i should have switched in salamence (as i did) but then switch straight out to blissey to take the inevitable sheer cold (walrein had no other viable move). whether it hit or missed, salamence would have remained alive and been able to last indefinitely against fissure. still, i would have had to deal with confusion, and if any of the remaining pokes could have survived a CB outrage......

question - if sheer cold has 0 PP and is selected by sleep talk, does it work?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
how can you tell it is 26? from speed checks and/or seismic toss checks?

also, how could you be sure it is not 25 (indistinguishable at level 50).

are you getting into the coding or something?
I did a bunch of damage calculations based on the damage the CPU's Pokemon did to me. This was a while ago so I don't remember the details on what I did, but I believe I was using a high level Pokemon so differences in IV were more likely to cause a difference in stats. I found some of my old data from the test and I apparently did a speed check as well:

I was using a Lv72 Garchomp with 179 Speed.
At Battle 173 I fought a Lv70 Gallade.

Lv70 Adamant Gallade with Atk/Spd EVs and IV26 has 179 speed.

My Garchomp and the Gallade were equal in speed.

During my tests, I also found out that in the first Frontier Brain battle, their Pokemon has IVs between 28 and 31. Since it isn't 26 like the Rank 10 Pokemon, it probably is 31.

I also got some help from Jumpman16 on testing the Rank 10 Pokemon IVs as well.

what is your lead?

stalling out burn/toxic would be impossible for his latias seeing as it doesnt have recover.
I've never been burned lol, but i guess i would just CM thrice + DP, or just switch to my fire Pokemon :naughty: (he lacks one of those :P). Toxic is a free pass to Registeel (or his scizor) to come in and set up.
If he succesfully pass Peterko or not, is not my business, my change(s) isn't just the lead. Besides, i think that that guy doesn't know about what he talks.

I've never been burned lol, but i guess i would just CM thrice + DP, or just switch to my fire Pokemon :naughty: (he lacks one of those :P). Toxic is a free pass to Registeel (or his scizor) to come in and set up.
If he succesfully pass Peterko or not, is not my business, my change(s) isn't just the lead. Besides, i think that that guy doesn't know about what he talks.
ah yes, he does have a steel type, so toxic would be fine. and yeah, i was kinda saying before that that setting up latias would be the only way his team could deal with will-o-wisp (which im pretty sure ive seen at least once or twice).

i'm interested in hearing about your team. so, youre using a registeel? and most likely an infernape is the fire type you mention? im guessing your lead must be a levitator to cover their weaknesses? if so, i hope you dont get a rampardos stuck on earthquake lol - that actually happened to me once, but salamence was obviously able to set up then.

@TRE - sounds very labour intensive!!!

ah yes, he does have a steel type, so toxic would be fine. and yeah, i was kinda saying before that that setting up latias would be the only way his team could deal with will-o-wisp (which im pretty sure ive seen at least once or twice).

i'm interested in hearing about your team. so, youre using a registeel? and most likely an infernape is the fire type you mention? im guessing your lead must be a levitator to cover their weaknesses? if so, i hope you dont get a rampardos stuck on earthquake lol - that actually happened to me once, but salamence was obviously able to set up then.

@TRE - sounds very labour intensive!!!
Untill battle 49 i'm using your Salamance, for a reliable back up. After that, the other Poke is the only non sturdy (because they're all steel types ¬¬) one that can handle French Gliscor + type coverage at the same time :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)