B&W Research Thread

Tentative Life Orb now damages you if you hit a Substitute. (AlphaSpade)
I confirm this

Tested by giving a chansey Life Orb using Ice beam with 704 HP on a Metagross with Substitute.
Chansey lost 70 HP after it used Ice beam on the Substituted Metagross.

I've been using Kojondo on Wi-Fi and Regeneration seems to have worked every time so far.
Well that's good news. I assume you've seen it heal when at above 2/3 health as well?

Also, someone in the Metagross thread claims that Trick Room only lasts 3 turns now. Can this be confirmed?

Update on Electra Ball

Original Post

Agirudaa with 400 Speed and 256 Special Attack using Electra ball on the fellowing(the Speed listed is it's original speed aka the one viewed in stats):

Paralyzed Metagross 201Spe: 136-150 damage (without Paralyze 51-59 damage)
Forretress with an Rock Polish Boost 132Spe: 53-59 damage(without boost 104-120 damage)
Deoxys-E 504Spe: 52-61 damage

I suppose these results confirm the mechanics of Electra Ball:

Electra Ball does not ignore Speed drops/raises from Paralyse and Stat boosting moves.
Damage formula:
A) 150 base power, if target´s speed is lower or equal to 1/4 (25%) of user´s speed
B) 120 base power, if target´s speed is greater than 1/4 (25%) of user´s speed and lower or equal to 1/3 (33%) of user´s speed
C) 80 base power, if target´s speed is greater than 1/3 (33%) of user´s speed and lower or equal to 1/2 (50%) of user´s speed
D) 60 base power, if target´s speed is greater than 1/2 (50%) of user´s speed

To all people regarding about trick room: nvm. Trick Room is still 5 turns.

Which means more things for Metagross to rape with Claw Sharpen + Life Orb
So yeah. It seems Trick Room still lasts 5 turns. It seems they just made a typo or were saying how many usuable turns it was (using Trick Room and switching would use up 2 turns). It might still be worth testing, though.

Just posting to say that, in a triple battle, Flame burst will hit the adjacent pokemon to the one that is targeted primarily - so if you target the pokemon on the far right, the middle one but not the one on the left will take damage.

Also: Is it known how damage calculation works for Hihidaruma's daruma form? If, say, surf reduces it to half health, will it transform then and subsequently calculate the rest of the damage based on 105/105/105 defenses, or on its normal forme defense? Thanks.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In a situation where the parents come from different regions (ie. male kibago & jolly ditto from HG/SS USA holding everstone), is there still any known issues with passing the USA ditto's nature to offsprings?

Been looking at Random battles lately and It seems like using PokeSAV to edit your file in anyway completely prevents you from having a random battle. Minor edits such as EVs/IVs and even changing Items around seems to prevent random battles.

I have tried releasing all edited Pokemon from the file and trying to random battle with clean Pokes, but still no luck. So if anyone else has tested this would be nice to hear about their experiences.

So since Mischevious Heart adds 1 priority level, is this how Quick Claw works now too?
And if so, what happens when a Mischevious Heart Pokemon and a Quick Claw user both get priority? I assume the result would be the same as if two priority moves faced off, ie fastest wins.

Been looking at Random battles lately and It seems like using PokeSAV to edit your file in anyway completely prevents you from having a random battle. Minor edits such as EVs/IVs and even changing Items around seems to prevent random battles.

I have tried releasing all edited Pokemon from the file and trying to random battle with clean Pokes, but still no luck. So if anyone else has tested this would be nice to hear about their experiences.
It does not affect normal wi-fi battles, does it? If it doesn't the potential impact on the wi-fi community(like Lee was saying in the other thread) would be minor unless you care for the random wi-fi battles.
Could someone test if trading a sav'ed mon to an unedited sav has the same effect?(My guess is yes, but you'd never know.)
I could trade a sav'ed Pokémon to someone who has a save they're willing to risk.

Just posting to say that, in a triple battle, Flame burst will hit the adjacent pokemon to the one that is targeted primarily - so if you target the pokemon on the far right, the middle one but not the one on the left will take damage.

Also: Is it known how damage calculation works for Hihidaruma's daruma form? If, say, surf reduces it to half health, will it transform then and subsequently calculate the rest of the damage based on 105/105/105 defenses, or on its normal forme defense? Thanks.
The results aren't in the first post, but I recall someone found that the transformation happens at the end of the turn, after all end of turn recovery/damage is accounted for.

It does not affect normal wi-fi battles, does it? If it doesn't the potential impact on the wi-fi community(like Lee was saying in the other thread) would be minor unless you care for the random wi-fi battles.
Could someone test if trading a sav'ed mon to an unedited sav has the same effect?(My guess is yes, but you'd never know.)
I could trade a sav'ed Pokémon to someone who has a save they're willing to risk.
My friend is using sav'd Pokémon in both Random Wi-Fi and Friend Code Wi-Fi without any problems whatsoever.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
the shadow knight - my fear for the wi-fi community is more to do with the fact that having a pokesav'd pokemon on your game seems to permanently exclude you from competing in random battles, even if you release said pokemon. So some asshole could (and inevitably will) redistribute a pokesav'd pokemon without prior warning, ruining the game (and the trading aspect of wi-fi) for everybody involved.

the shadow knight - my fear for the wi-fi community is more to do with the fact that having a pokesav'd pokemon on your game seems to permanently exclude you from competing in random battles, even if you release said pokemon. So some asshole could (and inevitably will) redistribute a pokesav'd pokemon without prior warning, ruining the game (and the trading aspect of wi-fi) for everybody involved.
I hadn't thought of that, if this is the case the wi-fi community could become a very paranoid place to be =[

I want to test if trading one over, also screws you over though, just to be sure. But I'd need help from someone that can back-up saves that hasn't used Pokésav on their save yet.

EDIT: @joehigashi
Something that just crossed my mind, don't you need to register at that website to do random wi-fi battles? Are you sure you have done this(if this is required), or alternatively have you been able to access random wi-fi before using pokésav?
I haven't been able to do this myself, so I can't do alot of testing on this matter.

If it is indeed pokesaving that causes the problem, the fact that releasing all sav'd pokemon doesn't fix the problem would suggest to me that the problem arises when the file is tampered with, so I would guess having a sav'd pokemon on your cart would not activate the restriction unless you tampered with your cart. Of course, it should be tested in any case.

Another question would then be if Action Replay (or any external altering device) similarly activates this restriction.

The results aren't in the first post, but I recall someone found that the transformation happens at the end of the turn, after all end of turn recovery/damage is accounted for.
I think I remember watching a video when a Hihidaruma used Substitute to get down to under 50% and Daruma Mode activated immediately. Of course I think that was a battle between two "you-know-whats" and the patches for them seem to mess with a lot of stuff.

If it is indeed pokesaving that causes the problem, the fact that releasing all sav'd pokemon doesn't fix the problem would suggest to me that the problem arises when the file is tampered with, so I would guess having a sav'd pokemon on your cart would not activate the restriction unless you tampered with your cart. Of course, it should be tested in any case.

Another question would then be if Action Replay (or any external altering device) similarly activates this restriction.
If that is the case then I think RNGing would be very hard without AR, the only possible solution is having one game for battling, and the other for trading and RNG, which is what many people do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)