B&W Research Thread

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You cannot use the actual Global Link website to play any Dream World minigames, however I am in the process of uploading a test video which will demonstrate how to upload a pokemon from your game and get it back again.

I have a question about Doom Desire/Future Sight that isn't covered in the OP/move threads:

Since the moves have a type now, if you use one of the two at a time where it will be super effective, and the opponent switches, will the double damage still be applied to whatever takes the hit, or can you just wall it by switching it something that resists/is immune after it is set up?

EDIT: Also, can the attacks stack now, either with themselves, or one another, before the damage is dealt?

Since the moves have a type now, if you use one of the two at a time where it will be super effective, and the opponent switches, will the double damage still be applied to whatever takes the hit, or can you just wall it by switching it something that resists/is immune after it is set up?
?
I answered this a few pages back. If the pokemon active when the move hits would resist/be immune/or weak to the move that is all applied when the move connects, not when it activates.

My test was Future Sight from the loli-goth vs my Emonga (neutral) and Zoroark (immune). She used the attack with Emonga active, I switch to Zoro and the move didn't connect. Then when she used the move on Zoro, I switch to Emonga and he was hit for normal damage. Just for kicks, the 3rd time she used the move I switched to Victini who was hit for NFE damage.

I wasn't able to test when STAB was factored in, but I'd assume it was when the move was used, if you happened to switch in between.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Need to go get food, will record and upload part 2 when I get back. I wonder if this is going to work.

In case it's a chance of changing instead of a guaranteed change, I'm going to try this with more than one pokemon.

Need to go get food, will record and upload part 2 when I get back. I wonder if this is going to work.

In case it's a chance of changing instead of a guaranteed change, I'm going to try this with more than one pokemon.
I have tried that and with my pendora that has swarm and when I took it back it still had swarm He would have gotten Quick Feet if it worked, maybe you need to leave the pokemon sleeping for a certain amount of time.Also it seems there is a limit of how many times you can use dream world during one day because after I got pendora back I tried returning it to dream world but it didnt let me log in again.

I can second that. I sent a Tabunne to the dream world a while back when I was testing stuff out and it's ability didn't change at all. I don't remember exactly how long it was there, but I didn't realize I had to take it back out right away so it should've been at least half an hour or so.

So if it is possible there's either some particular method you need to use to do this, or it's a random chance.

You guys are forgetting that in the coro coro scans it stated that you would meet pokemon in the dream world and be able to send them to your game to battle, i'm pretty sure this means only the pokemon you meet in the dream world can get their DW ability (besides breeding of course);

Whatever you send to the dream world is just there so you can play minigames with and whatnot

I have tried that and with my pendora that has swarm and when I took it back it still had swarm He would have gotten Quick Feet if it worked, maybe you need to leave the pokemon sleeping for a certain amount of time.Also it seems there is a limit of how many times you can use dream world during one day because after I got pendora back I tried returning it to dream world but it didnt let me log in again.
My Koromori stayed there for 5 days. I doubt it is time based.

It seems like all the Pokemon you had that didn't have a DW Ability (Reshiram and Gengar) could be put into the Dream World. It seems like if they would exclude something, it would be the ones without a DW Ability.
Another oddity, to me at least, is that it is a consistent group of pokemon that cannot be uploaded. In both Black & White I was unable to upload any of the Roopushin or Nattorei line as well as the gen5 psuedo, plus a few others but I didn't take full note of the similarities. These three, however, coincide with some of the unuploadable ones in the video.

Manda said:
Same thing with my Sceptile in Black, I put him up and he came back with Overgrow. However I did only have him up for a minute tops before I pulled him down. Also, I too was unable to upload a second pokemon after I had taken mine off, perhaps it is once per day.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We're probably just misunderstanding what the guy said. He wasn't that coherent in general, honestly. I really doubt your Pokémon's ability changes after sending it to the Dream World.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
a;osrihats;ldfkgnh!! an on topic post from mattj?!?! :o

c/p'd from serebii's frontpage like yesterday:
The Dream World is planned to return the week of October 11. In addition to this, they're limiting the use somewhat. Instead of allowing everyone to access it, you will need to have a game synced up to the system. In addition to that, for the forseeable future, they'll be limiting access for an hour per day.

Could it be that the reason why you can't upload another is because of these new limitations?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I always assumed that the Dream World upload limitation was something useless like they only have art for certain Pokemon on the site. Are we even sure that it has something to do with the actual Pokemon?

The Following situation just happened in game.
Choice Scarfed Hydra ran out of PP on a move during a double battle.

I used a potion on it.

The next turn I could choose a new move. Is this old or new? I know there is no competitive viability but it's interested.

Sure there's competitive value. If people are going to play with the miracle shooter ( and I strongly encourage everyone to give it a chance) then trainer items could be used.

I have a question about the move Telekinesis. Does it only affect that one opponent that user used the move on? Or is it something like Gravity where it affects any pokemon during the 3 turns? Can the user switch out and the move still be active?

So, my question I suppose:

What research has been done into triple battles so far? I remember reading some coro coro stuff a long while back stating things like you can move which 3 pokemon are active into different spots, that the middle spot deals the most damage, etc.

So, has anything else been looked into? Like, do current multi-target moves that work in doubles (like Water Spout) hit all 3 opposing targets now? Do moves like it suffer a greater damage penalty? How much does the middle spot boost the damage of moves and do the 2 side spots confer any advantages?

I'm sure I can think of a lot more, but there's some of the basics I've been wondering. Never too early to be thinking of potential vgc changes right? And sorry if it's been asked before, search function still isn't working for me here.

I reached the 8th Gym City in white, which meant I had a 3on3 battle to test some theories on. So I transfered my save off of my cough cough onto my comp and booted it up on my not-translated-patch [withheld program name].

OP of This Thread said:
Tentative "Pulse" attacks (Heal Pulse, Water Pulse, Aura Sphere, etc.) can hit non-adjacent targets in Triple Battles. (TwilightMystery)
This was the first thing I wanted to test, so I added a Togekiss with water pulse & aura sphere to my game.

Both Aura Sphere and Water Pulse can indeed hit opponents not in your normal range. Seems to be, if it lets you pick your target and everyone on the field is an option (individually), you are able to hit them. I apologize for the time on the clock being off, I was uploading and writing this post while battling. Also, I didn't have my 8th badge yet so Togekiss was not cooperating much.

Aura Sphere:

Water Pulse:

Added Bonus (Not related to previous OP Quote):

EDIT: Focus Blast was not among the moves I had that could hit anywhere, it had the usual range.
EDIT2: Had to test this one before bed.
OP of this Thread said:
Do the Elemental Gems have an activation message that indicates they were used up?
Answer: Yes, there is a message. It occurs just before the move activate, much like the berries that reduce damage.

Events in the pictures: Picking the water gem from bag > Giving it to Blues > Blues' Moves > Blues begins attack > Gem activation animation > Gem activation notice > Attacking > Status screen showing gem is now gone.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
When I was using the dream world website while it was up, it was stated that you may only put one Pokemon to sleep per day. If you were to wake it up without visiting the dream world website, you would still not be able to put another pokemon to sleep until the next day. Putting a Pokemon to sleep is not the same as putting it into the dream world. The dream world is actually a place inside the Pokemon's head on the GL website.

As for abilities, Sloshed and I uploaded a few Pokemon while the Dream World site WAS up and none of our abilities ended up being anything different. As far as I saw, the only way to encounter the special pokemon was to walk into the field over the rainbow in the dream world.

Also, I would say that we should hold off on any research on getting dream world pokemon until the dream world website is actually functioning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)