Counter that Pokemon - Mk III [Silvershadow234 vs. New Breed]

And with ten votes, DittoCrow's Druddigon gains an advantage of two on Nidoqueen and is thus the third Pokemon for Team 1. You can start submitting ideas for Team 2's third Pokemon now.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Though not a common choice in RU, Gurdurr's typing, ability, and Eviolite-boosted bulk make it the perfect counter for this team. Gurdurr's Sheer Force allows it to deal out a powerful Ice and Fire Punch, useful for taking down the likes of Druddigon and Accelgor respectively. Due to its typing resisting both of their STAB moves, Absol and Accelgor will have to rely on Superpower and Focus Blast, both of which do ~50% at most to Gurdurr, and, thanks to its buddy Eviolite, it can take even an Outrage from Druddigon with no problems. And Bulk Up. Arceus help you if this thing gets to Bulk Up. Its impressive bulk (obviously) becomes monstrous, and it can deal out extremely powerful punches that can OHKO even Drudd.

As for teamwork, this guy was practically made for Slowking. Its typing lets it take on the Dark and Bug moves that would end Slowking, and its monstrous Defense works well with Slowking's impressive Special D. And let's not forget about that Trick Room, allowing Gurdurr to outspeed the other team entirely while dealing its massive damage. It also works well with Escavalier because it forces Druddigon into an Outrage, allowing for a safe switch in, and it hits those that Bug/Steel/Normal can't cover for super effective (Magneton, Durant, etc.).

In short, this little guy can take mighty blows and more than return the favor, and is a great friend to have.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

As I said previously, I think that having a SR Pokemon is a good choice for the third teamslot. I decided on Rhydon as its phenomenal bulk allows it to easily set up the hazard. Add to the fact that it has good synergy with Slowking, especially the Trick Room aspect of it. Rhydon is a really scary Pokemon under Trick Room, especially if it can also set up a Swords Dance. Rhydon is also not 2HKOd by both Absol and Druddigon after Stealth Rock with this EV spread, and the Speed EVs allow him to outspeed Druddigon by one point, thus it's an excellent switch in to both of them as they're both beaten one one one. His STAB moves are really all he needs in terms of attacking power too.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell armor
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Speed
+Def, -Atk Nature (idk what it is called)
-Stealth rock
-Rapid spin
-Toxic
-Fire blast

Not a common choice in RU, Torkoal still has more than enough bulk to show in even RU. This set sets up rocks, limits the other team's choices a bit by having a spinner, but besides that can toxic stall and deal a fair amount of damage to walls that you may struggle to break.

Just a question but wouldnt lava plume be better for burns on pokes you don't want poisoned. What / is druddigon using? I checked the previous post and it's still sucker punch/eq and I'd rather know what I'm trying to counter.
Edit: Sorry about my fails for the natures

That's a good point, I'll ask DittoCrow what move he intends to use. And It's Bold, not Impish.

EDIT: Druddigon is using Earthquake

EDIT2: @below- impish has nothing to do with special defense ^.^

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Fist
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Bulk Up

This is one perfect counter to Absol, and a pretty decent check to Druddigon. It can come in on any of Absol's moves and heal off the damage with Drain Punch. Otherwise, Mach Punch KOs. Ice Punch is a clean 2HKO on Drudiggon, while Drudiggon only 3HKOs with Outrage. When you take into account confusion from Outrage, a possible Bulk Up boost, and Drain Punch's ability to heal, Gurdurr suddenly becomes a huge threat to Drudiggon. Bulk Up ensures that after a boost, Gurdurr is only 4HKOd by Outrage. Iron Fist > Guts and Sheer Force because then Gurdurr gets boosts to all its moves. Also, did I mention that Gurdurr also counters Accelgor, because it is only 2HKOd 10% of the time by Focus Miss. Our lovely Ice Punch 2HKOs Accelgor, and after a boost OHKOs it almost all the time. EV spread maximizes bulk and attack.

Synergy wise, it takes the Bug- and Dark- attacks that threaten Slowking, and is only 4HKOd by the Fire Blast that Escavalier hates. It can also function remarkably well in Trick
Room and goes with the team's bulky offensive route.

Alright, time for the Analysis:

My Gurdurr:

Positives:
-isn't hit for super effective by any current Team 1 Pokemon
-Sheer Force boosts Fire and Ice Punch to practically base 100
-Drain Punch regains HP
-resists Absol and Accelgor's STAB
-doesn't take more than 55% from anything, even without Bulk Up
-Bulk Up increases both of its best stats
-forces Druddigon into an Outrage, letting Escavalier come in safely
-good in Trick Room

Negatives:
-outsped by everything
-can't kill Druddigon unbulked
-Outrage 2hko's unbulked
-Sheer Force doesn't boost Drain Punch
-countered by many of the tier's Psychic types

Cherub Agent's Rhydon:

Positives:
-much stronger and bulkier than Gurdurr (both)
-outspeeds Druddigon
-sets up Rocks
-great boosting move
-STAB moves give perfect coverage
-good in Trick Room

Negatives:
-gets destroyed by Accelgor, can switch in safely if not using Rock Blast
-a large amount of weaknesses and relatively low Sdef make it easy prey for Special Attackers
-Rock Blast is unreliable unless super effective due to large damage spread
-countered by many of the tier's Grass types

celever's Torkoal:

Positives:
-can take hits well
-sets up Rocks
-Absol can do nothing against it
-OHKOs Accelgor
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic

Negatives:
-can't significantly directly hurt anyone but Accelgor
-can't Toxic stall because no protect or other stalling move
-2hko'd by Druddigon, who takes almost nothing from Torkoal
-countered by many of the tier's Water types

scorpdestroyer's Gurdurr:

Positives:
-same as mine unless stated otherwise
-Iron Fist boosts Drain and Mach Punch
-STAB ability-boosted priority move

Negatives:
-same as mine unless stated otherwise
-can't OHKO Accelgor unbulked
-can't OHKO Druddigon unless double bulked

Double01's Hitmonlee

Positives:
-outspeeds everything after unburden kicks in
-OHKOs everything with Fighting Gem
-STAB priority move
-isn't hit for super effective by any current Team 1 Pokemon
-resists Absol and Accelgor's STAB

Negatives
-can't OHKO Druddigon unless Fighting Gem hasn't been used
-gets OHKO'd by Druddigon even without Outrage
-no boosting move
-strongest STAB move lowers its defenses by one stage each time its used
-easily countered by Psychic and Ghost types
-switching out after using your FG basically makes it worthless, which is made much worse by those last two points
-horrible in Trick Room

ss234

bop.
I prefer rhydon to gurdurr atm. Gurdurr is complete set-up bait for a large number of dangerous pokemon, such as Slowking, Uxie and the majority of other psychics in the tier and is rather easy to counter in general especially if we know its set. Rhydon, on the other hand, still fully counters absol and can deal with druddigon quite nicely as well, and has the ability to hit insanely hard with its EdgeQuake STABs and 130 base attack, which gurdurr fails to do.

I chose Rhydon because it can deal with both Absol and Druddigon, as Team 2 already has Escavalier for Accelgor. However, Accelgor can really only switch in if Rhydon uses Swords Dance, and the player using Team 2 will never do that unless Trick Room is up and they get a free turn. It can't come in on Rock Blast for obvious reasons, it can't come in on SR because Rhydon can just pivot to Escavalier and force it out, and it also can't come in on EQ as EQ KOs after Stealth Rock and LO recoil. So Accelgor can revenge kill Rhydon, and even then only when Trick Room isn't up.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Hitmonlee (M) @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Unburden Hitmonlee is really cool as it gives a revenge killer for outside of TR. And fight gem boosted close combat does a crap ton and basically forces team 1 to pick a ghost/psychic type. Because they have pick a ghost or psychic type we can easily take advantage by adding another pursuit trapper or we can add a poke that takes advantage of ghosts and psychics. Overall Hitmonlee adds a strong fast sweeper that cant be killed by absol's priority.

I'd suggest giving it Sucker Punch instead of Earthquake. Like you said, the opponent is probably going to switch into a Psychic or Ghost type when he comes out, but right now you have nothing to counter them with. The only thing you couldn't hit for at least neutral if you replaced Earthquake with Sucker Punch is Croagunk, but hahaha using Croagunk.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Even with sucker punch hitmonlee loses to subcm uxie, subwisp rotom, and spiritomb. Having sucker punch also allows the opp to pick nidoqueen or qwilfish as we can do very little to it.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
252 special attack 252 speed 4 special defence modest
Sludge Wave
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Thunderbolt

Wow we completely forgot about nidoqueen! It 2hkos or ohkos every member and nothing can ohko it either. It also sets up rocks. This poke can also beat escavaliers main nightmares with earth power. It's ice, water and psychic weaknesses are resisted by slowking too and earth can be covered if needed. Its relatively slow too but can function in and out of trick room and also gives us another chased hitting poke which is very difficult to counter.
They can oviously choose uxie which is easily beat by escavalier but this may be another poke that they'll have to revenge which is great for us as that'll limit the pokes they have to beat us. We just need a ground resist/immunity with our next poke which doesnt limit us at all as ground isn't hard to resist. If we want a speedy poke we can choose swellow while if we want a slower poke there's altaria, braviary and executor.
Edit: thx cleverer I meant uxie.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
D-dragontamer...
If you play the ladder you will notice that you never see cresselia - why? Because it is not RU any more! :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)