¿Cloning is hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloning really doesn't do too much to the Wifi competitive scene other than reduce the man-hours needed to make decent teams (though at the base there is still time invested).

Hacking on the other hand makes Wifi too trivial.
This isn't really so much about the general conception of hacking, unless you're roping in Cloning as a form of hacking.
There have been a number of threads on hacking in game stuff and all of them suck. Which is to say this thread isn't much better.
*slaps half the people in this thread*

THIS ISN'T GETTING ANYWHERE
I hope one of the people you're slapping is yourself, because your post is certainly helping this thread go somewhere.
177 get.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
<post deleted>
I write hacks myself and have spent quite a bit of time rummaging through pokemon data. I have long suspected that the PID could be cross-checked with IV's etc, to determine hacks. Most hacks just generate the PID required to get the desired Nature, Gender, Shinyness, and Unown Form (those were all the PID-based items in Advance, I think). The game doesn't complain, so that's good enough for most hacking purposes.

But technically, if what you say is true, then it's just an "imperfect hack". But a "perfect hack" IS POSSIBLE. You might have to do a lot more code tracing to determine the exact steps that generate all pokemon data -- but once you get it, you can create completely undetectable hacks. In the end, it's just digital data. Since I have seen near-perfect Pokemon caught legitimately, there is no practical upper-limit of what data is possible in-game. Maybe straight 31 IV's is impossible, or certain other IV combinations, but I've seen a legitimate 31-31-31-24-30-31, which is good enough for any pokemon battle --simulator or otherwise.

So now it's just a question of the quality of the hacks. Done right, a hack could be perfect. I'm personally not willing to create a completely perfect hack, because the "imperfect hacks" are just fine for what I need. Since the quality of random numbers used for pokemon have no material effect on the competitiveness of the pokemon in battle -- no one else should care about this either. Unless the person is claiming the pokemon is "legit", and you want to prove they are a liar.

And on a side note -- as far as I can tell -- the 88 bytes of pokemon data used in the advance games appears to have expanded to 136+ in DP. I have no idea what is in the additional bytes. I'm working on it... if anyone knows the data layout and encryption scheme of pokemon data in DP, I'd love some help.

I can and have proved it is possible by using programs developed by people who have reverse engineered the way the game produces a wild Pokemon, to catch people who traded me perfect looking hacks.
Could you please elaborate on this? You made this claim in another thread as well, yet did not provide supporting evidence.

A link to a post would be nice. Thankyou.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
http://pokeguide.filb.de/pAC/pac.php

The best (and only) hack detector out there. It works on anything that was caught in the DP or Advance games, such as legends, or pokeradar shinies. I don't know if it applies to the Legendary Dogs from FR/LG that had screwed up IVs, but that shouldn't matter.
I followed the link and looked at the steps to use this hack detector. I find it quite ironic that you have to hack into your game (buy a save device, create a save file, and use PokeSAV) to detect if your game has been hacked...

Someone made a shiny code the generates legit shinies, and some people have said this cheat detector cannot detect it.

Something I heard.

heard the same thing even IV codes are out
to make the pokemon seem legit even with the cheat detector. not confirmed though

i personaly am against cloning/semi-legit pokes/hacking/ because well with cloning the other person benefits while you do not and i dont think that is right.just my opinion.......

i personaly am against cloning/semi-legit pokes/hacking/ because well with cloning the other person benefits while you do not and i dont think that is right.just my opinion.......
Yes, you getting a pokemon that kicks ass isn't to your benefit when trading a cloned pokemon of equal or higher calibre. Are you dense? YOU GET SOMETHING FOR ALMOST NOTHING, JACKASS...cept those hard hours of breeding, which suddenly become justified cause you can get more than one thing out of it.

Soft resetting 100+ times for a useable Zapdos was my favorite thing to do....oh wait...I haven't done it cause it's gonna suck more than anything ever. Is soft resetting for legendaries hacking too? Jeez...I would rather trade for one.

In my opinion, if you breed it for hours and hours, you should be able to clone it. It's just a game. Remember that you are using your precious off work hours to do this stuff, so you Should get something out of it. By something I of course mean things other than one good pokemon out of up to an eternity (or so it seems) of breeding.

On a personal note: What's the matter with you? Is the GTS clone trick a 'hack'? What about in Emerald? Well, instead of bitching and arguing, lets do something about it:

BREED ALL YOUR POKEMON LEGITIMATELY FOR THOSE PRECIOUS TRADES.

I'll just wait and see how far it gets you, rebreeding the same thing over and over and over again just so you can trade them away when you could be breeding other things and enjoying life.

It's just a game.
Shit, you're right. Anyone who doesn't use Pokesav is a total retard for wasting their lives breeding perfect IV stuff and trying to clone it and trade for more stuff other people spent hours doing. All those hours you waste on Pokemon could have been spent earning money to buy a house or discover a cure for cancer and instead you wasted it in trying to find a Pikachu with Light Orb on it to breed Volt Tackle or hatch one Eevee with HP Ice.
I'll just wait and see how far it gets you, rebreeding the same thing over and over and over again just so you can trade them away when you could be breeding other things and enjoying life.
There are people on this forum who I assume are not cyborgs who have done this. Particularly Shroomishman (and if I messed up the username, forgive me) did this to some success. While it's not the norm here, there are a number of people who do do this or at least do this with some of their Pokemon. And don't forget that without a method of cloning "legitimately" (eg: the only way to clone would be through use of a cheat device and it would, therefore, probably be considered illegal and frowned upon severely), that would be the ONLY way to put up things for trade and gather a competitive team without breeding/sring the entire team for yourself. I mean, certainly, god forbid people do work for themselves.

I think we all agree in some thing:

Clonning is not bad.
Hacking legit pokes is not bad (as long as you say it before battling).

Spiritomb with wonderguard is wrong (unless you're playing for fun).

I consider that tournaments should allow hacked legit pokemans, that would be great for the metagame, since the skill would rule over breeding. I can imagine threads of people offering their "pokemans making service". If you're going to say "but that would ruin the effort and time-spent for breeding", just imagine how much time you can save and use for testing teams and stuff like that...
Sounds like you should go to Shoddy with that logic.

Ironic how the person who says "It's just a game" promotes spending ridiculous number of hours breeding pokemon.

There are people on this forum who I assume are not cyborgs who have done this. Particularly Shroomishman (and if I messed up the username, forgive me) did this to some success. While it's not the norm here, there are a number of people who do do this or at least do this with some of their Pokemon. And don't forget that without a method of cloning "legitimately" (eg: the only way to clone would be through use of a cheat device and it would, therefore, probably be considered illegal and frowned upon severely), that would be the ONLY way to put up things for trade and gather a competitive team without breeding/sring the entire team for yourself. I mean, certainly, god forbid people do work for themselves.
I think you're talking about SonicZeroX. Thing is, he's hardly ever around here anymore, and as far as I know he hasn't bred anything to offer since then. That just goes to show you that it will make you crazy!

Alright well, surprisingly this thread is still alive so..

If I breed a legit pokemon with a hacked one is the baby legit?

in all practicality yes since the pokemon was generated by the game itself just be careful when using it in serious tourneys as they might be able to detect that

I do find that the breeding process is quite tedious, and I have a lot of things to do. I can't spend all of my time re-breeding something for trade.

I do use an AR the clone, and I don't have a problem with hacked pokemon in battle as long as they aren't traded to me or ridiculously
hacked (like four of the same move on one pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)