1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kiebin

Kiebin

There's no need to hurry into the game, you can wait as long as you want if you've hit your second.
  2. jones115

jones115

before,the screen that comes right after the white nintendo screen
    the screen with the years
  3. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

IIRC, there is a second Beta of RNG Reporter 9 out. However, it seems that whenever I download it, it only opens the previous RNG Reporter 9 (Beta 1). Am I wrong in thinking Beta 2 is out? And if not, can someone point me to the proper link?
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

The April Fools' version is actually (mostly) fully featured: http://eggmove.com/RNGReporter/RNGReporter941.zip There are maybe three things and a few bugs I'm going to patch up before the real release.

Just remember it only works if you set your computer date to April 1st.
  5. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

Is it possible to check your 5th Gen SID?

also, does your ID number affect what natures appear on the natures list? or is the seed the only thing that determines it? just asking cause I was looking through the natures I was getting, I stopped because I couldn't find the pattern I was getting.

cause I know in previous gens it didn't do anything but check for shiny-ness based on the SID
  6. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

tid and sid are required for correct PID prediction:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3372023&postcount=683
  7. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

It does affect PIDs, but ONLY for shiny prediction. It does not affect the natures.
  8. BlueSuperSonic1

BlueSuperSonic1

When will the version without the "Party's over" message come out? I really don't want to change my computer's date back to yesterday just to use RNG Reporter.
  9. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Walking and turning advances the PID RNG by one.
    So, if I just use a Repel and turn in place, I should be able to
    advance the PID RNG much faster than through saving, right?

Is advancing the PID RNG by turning in place only possible in
    aereas with wild Pokémon, or does turning advance the PID RNG
    by one no matter where you are?
  10. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

11. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Turning is +2. Only in grass, water, etc.
  12. Uiru

Uiru

Hoping for a quick recap; are we at the point where a DSL and a legit cart can reliably RNG a standing legendary's stats and nature?
    ~Uiru
  13. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

What was the name of the program that bearfan was using in his non c gear abuse video that helped him determine his IVs?
  14. jones115

jones115

pokemon online
  15. volch

volch

Pardon me if this is a dumb question.

In standard abuse, is there any difference in generation of IV between stationary Pokes and wild Pokes? There are different boxes for them in the Fool's reporter, so I was curious.
  16. Shinryu

Shinryu

Like jones115 said he was using PO, but it's far easier to just use an IV calc like metalkid's imo, as it'll give you the IV ranges without having to check them manually, and more exact IVs if you use some candy on them (which is fine since you're just parameter finding at that point and not saving).
  17. Imitation Black

Imitation Black

Whenever I try to rng a spread that is a bove frame 1, I get a completely different spread, but if it is on frame 1 I hit it on the first try. If it is on frame 6, I would walk 200 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, using 2 repels to keep step count. Does it not work because I'm using an item, I walk 200 steps instead of 128, or I'm just unlucky?
    Also, can you be holding down the button press before you start the game from th e main menu?
  18. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

Thanks a lot. Didn't know this program existed.

Yeah thanks you're probably right.
  19. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

The bold is the problem.
  20. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

Well at least now I know why I haven't been able to find the natures -_-

just rewatched bearfans vid, and somehow the first time I missed where he said "take the longer "full" seed and enter it" so I was still using the short seed.

went through over 2000 natures trying to find my nature patten before I finally decided that something must be wrong and gave up...

oh, also, has anybody else noticed that the "lax" nature is colored differently like the "neautral" natures, even though it isn't one?
  21. Imitation Black

Imitation Black

I see. I had the misunderstanding that while on steps 129-255, it wouldn't change frames. So is it alright to use a repels while counting?
  22. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

When will the ACTUAL RNG Reporter come out? Because when I open RNG Reporter, I get the stupid message,"Party's over. Go download the real thing" And then it closes. So, when will it come out? And will it come out by the afternoon?
  23. Exploits

Exploits

Probably tomorrow. All you have to do is set your computer date to April 1 and it will work.
  24. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

One problem: I do not have Administrator rights on my comp so I cannot set the date. Can't they just Re-release the same thing except it works for any date and doesn't have "ads"?
  25. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

Have encounter slots been figured out yet or no?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)