1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Arty_the_Painter

Arty_the_Painter

This is a bummer because i cant go to the internet setting in-game using c-gear beacuase i have a dsi, and i have a mac. :( really.
  2. MMX

MMX

Seed: 9a0a8f79
    IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    KeyPress Combo: Start
    Time: 7:01:53
    Date: 4/30/2011
    MAC: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D
    Frame: 6
    Actual Seconds: 16

I'm starting the game at 7:01:37. Can I have "Start" already pressed and held before I press "A" to start the game? And, if that doesn't work, can I press abd hold "Start" when the screen goes white for the first time after pressing "A"?
  3. Toast++

Toast++ Free* toaster if you PM me your favorite smog article
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Repels are fine. 129-255 don't count. The thing is that the step counter gets saved when you save the game.

Edit:
    @Megaman - Hold start and use the touchscreen to select the game.
  4. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

How to find the MAC address for the Nintendo DSi

1. From the Nintendo DSi Menu, select System Settings
    2. Scroll to page 3 of the System Settings
    3. Select Internet
    4. Select System Information
    5. The MAC Address is on the screen that appears
  5. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Seed: 4AEA9472F40909B0
    Frame 1 IV's: 31/31/31/1/31/31 (Yes, SpAtk is 1)
    04.14.2011 - 01:55:36 Key Press Combo: Up.

I KNOW this seed works, I caught a quint-flawless Mienfoo like
    30 minutes ago with THIS EXACT SEED, but now I'm breeding it with a Ditto,
    and I don't get the IV's I should anymore. Did Timer0 just screw me
    over 6 times in a row by being C7B instead of the usual C7C I get?
    Or is there something different about breeding with a japanese Ditto?
    The Ditto has 31/31/31/31/31/31 btw, and the Mienfoo is male,
    Jolly, holding an Everstone.
  6. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Eggs start on frame 8, not 1. You're gonna need a different seed.
  7. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Oh my god. Biggest brainfart ever. Sorry.
  8. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

If i have a seed at frame 4 for non c gear abuse i walk 128 with 3 pokemons in my party right? What happens if i'm not getting the right ivs? How do i check what Timer0 i got?
  9. neut986

neut986

I feel so stupid, I was making the exact same mistake.
  10. joshk_bra

joshk_bra

So while finding my parameters for non c-gear, i keep getting 2 values for my Timer0 value. I get C7E or C7f. I tried multiple times to try and narrow it down but i am getting no luck. I think this is my problem when i try to abuse with non c-gear. Any tips to help me narrow it down?
  11. SaxMeister13

SaxMeister13

As an amateur programmer myself, I know this could be taken as really annoying, but may I make a feature request for RNG Reporter?

In the Time Finder, under the Capture tab, would it be possible to implement a "Min Frame" search option as well as the existing Max Frame parameter? The purpose would be for eggs, so the user isn't frustrated with all the really good seeds with a frame less than 8. :)

I haven't seen the source code, of course, but from a purely logical perspective it doesn't strike me as that hard. But again, I know feature requests are sometimes obnoxious, so feel free to ignore me. ;D
  12. Rugaji

Rugaji

So with new RNG Reporter 9, I did a test RNG on Tornadus in White. I caught it but obv not the nature I wanted .Aside from that, though, The IVs I got when I caught Thunderus were slightly different in attack and defense. I think they were switched. How would you get the IVs on Reporter for Roaming Pokemon to be exactly like the one in the game?
  13. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 暗无天日的冰之救星!
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Ive got a minor problem. When i catch zekrom I cant determine the exact IVS. I dont have enough rare candies to get it up to exact so i cant search what delay I actually hit.

Edit: Does anyone have a way around this? Besides like 999 rare candies or something like that
  14. Rugaji

Rugaji

You don't need Rare Candies. Just use Pokemon Online to determine if you have the right IVs and narrow your IVs down according to the appropriate stats.
  15. Thatsjustpeachy

I use metalkid's calculator, would that be sufficient? Is "pokemon online" a better IV calc? I know i can just try and match the IVS according to the ones they have in the RNG reporter but im not sure which number it starts on as there is more than 6 numbers. Is it based on the frame?
  16. Toast++

Toast++ Free* toaster if you PM me your favorite smog article
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

It really wouldn't be hard. I did it in Pandora's box and I believe the same thing could be done in the Time Finder. That said, I think that it's in progress.
  17. Exploits

Exploits

I've never really understood this. Don't you have to walk 128 steps EVERY time you turn on the game?
  18. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

19. Thatsjustpeachy

Anyone? still can't go on without a way to narrow IVS to exact. How do other people check ivs to adjust the timer when resetting for reshiram and zekrom?
  20. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

Yes. Yes you do. If your target frame needs only 128 steps and a desired number of Pokemon on your team. But don't worry, it isn't as bad as it seems. Hitting non c-gear seeds is easy. If you are going for a c-gear seed, well, then I guess it depends on how patient you are :D Hope I helped!
  21. Turtwig

Turtwig

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could point out what I'm filling out incorrectly here. I'm trying to find my DS Parameters for Non C-Gear (Standard Abuse).

Images of the problem here:
    Show Hide

What I'm entering:
    [​IMG]

Keep getting this error:
    [​IMG]

Been following the video guides for it, pretty sure I've filled it in correctly? Is something just up with my computer?
  22. volch

volch

What are the last two digits of your MAC address?
  23. Turtwig

Turtwig

Ahh I found the problem. I misinterpreted the '1' as an 'i'. Very stupid mistake on my part, sorry about that question.
  24. SaxMeister13

SaxMeister13

My understanding is that it's not a hard and fast "At 128 steps the frame will increase," but rather, "Somewhere between now and the 128th step the frame will increase." It's a counter from 1 to 128, but we have no way of knowing exactly when it will be triggered. Hypothetically, it could be triggered on your 2nd step - but it wouldn't be triggered again for 128 steps after that. So you'll never go wrong by walking exactly 128 steps, but if you do too much or too little, there's a chance it'll advance the frame twice or not at all.

Good to know. Thanks! :D
  25. kiddu

kiddu

Is that why trying to search a second month in the new Time Finder caused my computer to drop dead for the past 24 hours?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)