5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm doing my first breeding project (with the Gurdurr I caught earlier). I don't care about gender or shininess on my Timburr, but I do care about ability and nature. I can use an Everstone, but I'll only have a 25% chance of getting the correct ability and nature. Should I just take the 25% chance and keep trying until I get what I want, or should I calculate my SSF and do PIDRNG manipulation?

1F has NPCs. You want B1F.
NPCs that don't affect the PID. 1F or B1F is fine. (Not that it really matters, I guess.)

And if it continues to not work, then it's just Timer0?
Yes.

This is getting weird. How come the sp.def IV is 7 when clearly RNG reporter is giving me a 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread under shiny egg? I got the nature right (Timid), shininess worked, and got the IVs 31/0/31/31/7/31. I double checked the parents, specifically the male, and it's 31 in sp.def. What's going on? Here are some details...

Mac address: 001B7A84D421
Seed: AE9C18F20A394F2C
Date: 5/12/2011
Time: 9:57:41
Frame 68 (I aimed for frames 70-71 for the everstone to work)

Also the same thing happened to me at some other seed. (But instead gave me two random IVs)Oh boy, now it's happening on frame 70 too. Now it's the speed IV that's wrong whole the rest of the IVs are correct.

EDIT: I give up. I honestly don't know if I'm doing something wrong or RNG reporter's shiny egg finder is having some issues. I tried 3 seeds and randomly I get 1-2 random IVs. Back when it wasn't available, I searched up some under gift but they didn't give me problems on the IV spreads. (I've done 6 shiny breeds already with no problems.)

I have a query about Egg abuse. I want to try taking on the C-Gear egg abuse, and I'm confused, since the OP says you use PIDRNG for Eggs. I thought you would use IVRNG for eggs. Can someone explain this to me?

Ok so this time i was going for a timid eevee.. hatched the shiny on the right frame and it had the DW ability but the nature and ivs were wrong. Is this a bug too or did I do something wrong?

Hey i am wondering, in the Timefinder, when you have two keypresses do you just hold down both buttons or do you have to hold down one then the other in the order it states?

You'd hold them both down at the same time.

I'm doing my first breeding project (with the Gurdurr I caught earlier). I don't care about gender or shininess on my Timburr, but I do care about ability and nature. I can use an Everstone, but I'll only have a 25% chance of getting the correct ability and nature. Should I just take the 25% chance and keep trying until I get what I want, or should I calculate my SSF and do PIDRNG manipulation?
Personally, I'd go for PID manipulation. It's pretty quick to find your SSF and to guarantee you'll get what you need, but without using it you may be going for a while.

Ok so this time i was going for a timid eevee.. hatched the shiny on the right frame and it had the DW ability but the nature and ivs were wrong. Is this a bug too or did I do something wrong?
Tried a different seed and same issue, its shiny on the right frame and got the dw ability but wrong nature and ivs

You might want to double check that your parents have the correct IVs and also nature if you are using an Everstone.
just went back and double checked ivs match up with what i entered into time finder and male timid mon is holding the everstone

edit: i didnt change the gender ratio hopefully thats why

Seems like we have the same problem. I once more checked IVs, but somehow tend to get 1-2 random IVs. 3rd seed I've tried and IVs seem to be the problem.

Should I just search under gift Pokemon? Like I said before, back when shiny egg finder wasn't available, I always got correct results from seeds generated from gift Pokemon. (4 hours is just stupid compared to 30 minutes just to breed.)

Adding onto what turtwig said, it can be very annoying to get that 25% chance to happen. Sometimes I got it on my 2nd or 3rd try. My worst experience was my first breeding project, and it took me like 25 tries to finally get nature + ability right.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck doing it that way as I don't have a chatot yet.

Is there anyway I can make a certain pokemon appear in the grass or in a cave. I have seen encounter slot on the RNG reporter but I don't get how they work. Can someone explain if I can do this and how?

The encounter slot is a value from 0~11.

If you go to a location and you find something in encounter slot 5, you will get exactly what it says.

You can then manipulate this so you will encounter a pokemon at a given encounter slot.

(The below example has details that are not correct, as it is just to show a concept)

For example, say we are at route 10 and we are looking for a mudkip. According to the encounter table, mudkips are on encounter slot 1 and encounter slot 3.

Therefore, we can manipulate (advance our PIDRNG) to a certain frame that has encounter slot 1 and 3. If we go to that specific PIDRNG frame and use sweet scent to find a pokemon, it will be a mudkip. In addition, its gender, ability, and nature will match the ones listed for that specific frame.

The encounter slot is a value from 0~11.

If you go to a location and you find something in encounter slot 5, you will get exactly what it says.

You can then manipulate this so you will encounter a pokemon at a given encounter slot.

(The below example has details that are not correct, as it is just to show a concept)

For example, say we are at route 10 and we are looking for a mudkip. According to the encounter table, mudkips are on encounter slot 1 and encounter slot 3.

Therefore, we can manipulate (advance our PIDRNG) to a certain frame that has encounter slot 1 and 3. If we go to that specific PIDRNG frame and use sweet scent to find a pokemon, it will be a mudkip. In addition, its gender, ability, and nature will match the ones listed for that specific frame.
Do you know where the encounter table is? I thank you for the help. I just need to know where it is so I know what pokemon are on what encounter slots.

Dangit - a Swarm of Tyrogue is interfering with my search for a Bouffalant. Since Tyrogue does not appear on the Encounter Table, does anyone know what its encounter slot is, or how to "change" the swarm?

Dangit - a Swarm of Tyrogue is interfering with my search for a Bouffalant. Since Tyrogue does not appear on the Encounter Table, does anyone know what its encounter slot is, or how to "change" the swarm?
Swarms are encounter slot 0 and 1. At least, that's what I've heard. The only swarm I tried to RNG was on Route 5, so that dance party made reliably advancing my PID pretty tough. However, Bouffalant isn't in slot 0 or 1, so the only thing the swarm will do is maybe make it a little tougher to find your starting frame.

Swarms are encounter slot 0 and 1. At least, that's what I've heard. The only swarm I tried to RNG was on Route 5, so that dance party made reliably advancing my PID pretty tough. However, Bouffalant isn't in slot 0 or 1, so the only thing the swarm will do is maybe make it a little tougher to find your starting frame.
Sigh - Route 10 is a horrid place for RNGing... so many wandering NPCs. I found my starting frame, but it fluctuates - usually between 74 and 77. I just needed to know if Swarms change the PIDRNG listing in some way in RNG Reporter... But replacing slots 0 and/or 1 doesn't mess up my attempts at Bouffalant, so that's good.

Thanks!

OK, so I'm using the 5th generation shiny egg finder on rngreporter. I found a seed, now what do I do to get the shiny pokemon im breeding?

Okay, I'm having the same problem. A swarm of Poochyena is messing up my attempts to catch an ideal Trick Room Duosion. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the swarm, since changing the date apparently doesn't work?

With C-Gear abuse for eggs, do I need more than just a flawless Ditto to get the IVs I want?
You will have a higher chance of success if both parents are flawless. With just Ditto, you technically could if all three inherited stats came from the Ditto, but it may take a lot more tries.

You will have a higher chance of success if both parents are flawless. With just Ditto, you technically could if all three inherited stats came from the Ditto, but it may take a lot more tries.
Okay, but apart from that, it's essentially the same as standard capture C-Gear abuse, right? Except you start on frame 8 or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)