1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Art for Articles

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by macle, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluehoundoom

bluehoundoom

Has this been taken? If so, I would gladly claim it. I'm thinking of doing Black Kyurem and White Kyrem together on one picture (with the DNA splicers), the Therian Forms together in another and Keldeo-R in a single picture. As for learned moves by Gen 5 Pokémon, I could have a Haxorus using Superpower. If this is too much, I'll just draw Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W. Is this okay?
  2. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nope, it's not taken according to the OP; go for it! :) Do whichever you're comfortable with. Thanks! :)
  3. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

4. nov

nov

I read the first post and I still don't quite understand how to sign up for one (the changed the format of how you signed up from a while back), but I'd love to take an article off your hands.
  5. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Basically find an article, say hey I wanna draw for [insert link here] article and then if you get approved draw and post the image in this thread n_n
  6. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Pretty much whatever is in the OP is open for reservation! :) Anyone who wants to can draw, it's QCed by macle after you post the art then he decides whether to upload it or not. Thanks! :)
  7. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

I'd like to try for DW Guide
    This might just be an excuse to draw more Munna, but maybe I'll think of something else that's a little more creative, maybe!
  8. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

I would also like to reserve Priority Guide, although it may also apply with the priority movelist article... I'm thinking of Infernape's flame hair being put out by Aqua Jet, effectively making him bald.
  9. raikou00

raikou00

10. nov

nov

I'd love to touch up NU Threats it only has one piece currently.
  11. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the op is updated with all your reservations. If you see an article that I don't have up there that you want to do, just post. k?
  12. raikou00

raikou00

Here it is :3

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Any change, please let me know :D
  13. nov

nov

I did a series of art for the article, as it's quite long

Warning (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

I picked the pokemon that I chose so that you would have art all through the article. You could put each piece next to the pokemon it goes with and the article shouldn't get too boring. Lemme know if you want me to touch them up tho. I was trying to make the pokemon look a certain way, but if they just look crappy, I can certainly fix them up a bunch.

I just had to do a sawsbuck. It's my favorite pokemon!
  14. Nglittleguy

Nglittleguy

Just wanted to point out amusement spelled wrong.
  15. nov

nov

sorry about that, I fixed it
  16. Hollymon

Hollymon

Can I reserve this. It is the guide to catching legendaries in d and p and It would be my first one and I really want to start contributing to smogon more. My idea is to have mesprit and shaymin playing with a couple of different pokeballs. How do I know if I get approved?
  17. Magistrum

Magistrum Admiral Cawmodore ᕙ(◕`‸´◕;)ᕗ
    is an Artist

Done! Oh, and macle, I actually reserved for this Priority Guide, not this Priority article.

...Although you can go ahead and put it on both of them if you like :P

[​IMG]
  18. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

19. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i approve you

sorry lol
    rofl
  20. Hollymon

Hollymon

Okay here is the art so far. Tell me if you like/dont like it or how I could improve it. I know it's pretty awful but I just want to get involved :/

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  21. scampy

scampy

Hi there, I'd love to contribute some artwork for the BW RU Threat List article. I'm thinking of drawing a few classy RU mons in this sorta style, and maybe throwing a banner into the mix as well.

@Hollymon: Hey now, I like it. : ) You probably want to focus on fleshing out the background, but I really dig the Mesprit.
  22. Furosuto

Furosuto

Can I please take, Intro to 4th Gen Wifi please? I have an awesome idea for it! It would feature a lickilicky, with the yellow pattern on his chest rotated to be upwards to look like the wifi symbol, and all of the markings would glow green with him giving a thumbs up saying, "It's good."
  23. macle

macle ribbit

its not awful. keep working with it

sure

sure
  24. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

Uploaded recent art up till #295

@nov: It's preferred to have art for articles that don't have art at all instead of adding more art to one that already has art :p but it's fine! x)
  25. Blue Frog

Blue Frog Azureus
    is an Artist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)