Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

You switch out, random mon switches in, then he orders first. Next time the pokemon that used a combo switches in it has to Cooldown A1 and then attack, think of it like the sleeping counter

I'm too lazy to find the exact post, but it was ruled a long time ago that a sub against a move also applies to combos, i.e. "If Hi Jump Kick, use Counter" would activate if the opponent uses a Hi Jump Kick + Blaze Kick combo.

How much does it cost to change the nature of a pokemon, further more can you change the nature of a pokemon traded to you?
Edit: Thanks for the fast replies

I have a question about gym leadership...I am very new and inexperienced to ASB, but I aspire one day to become the psychic gym leader. Even though this day is most likely one or two years away at the least, I would like to know how leadership is passed down-is the original gl replaced only after they retire? Wondering...

Actually, iirc that whole w/l ratio has been scraped (there were interesting discussions dealing with the topic on irc). I believe if a person has the requirements to become a gym leader, and there is already a gym leader in position, then the challenger can challenge the current leader for the position (don't quote me on all this though).

I think if you're good enough to challenge the leader for their position and they aren't doing particularly well as a leader, then you could talk to Athenodoros/Kaxtar/MK Ultra, but it all isn't codified or anything.

Basically if the gym leader has a low enough win-loss ratio, he/she can be challenged for the position.
Absolutely wrong. This was abolished a few months ago because it was really, really stupid to begin with.

The only way to become a Gym leader of a type that is already owned (iirc) is for the current leader to either officially retire or he/she must be incredibly inactive without a valid reason. If/when that happens, if there is only one person who wants to be a Gym Leader and is adequately prepared (so right now, if Gerard decided to quit being a Gym Leader right now, you wouldn't be able to become the Leader, but someone like Alch could), he/she gets it, and that's that. If there are more more than one person who wants to become that type's Leader, the two will battle, and the winner will become the Leader.

Of course, you could always go for a Gym that isn't owned and just enter in when the next round of gym submissions stats and become a leader that way. But don't go for Ice. Ice is stupid.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guys, the answer to this question is that once you are GL, you are GL until you either quit Gym Leadership, you quit ASB, or you are "too easy to beat". Then a replacement is scouted.

This is not supposed to be a discussion thread, btw...

Okay, thanks everyone for trying to help answer my question! I realize that if a replacement GL is needed sooner rather than later, I will not be the replacement. I also realize that a different type would be smarter. But I don't give a shit. I love Psychic. End of story. :toast:

In a double battle, is 2 subs or one the standard number for each Pokemon?

Also, is a sub saying, "If Pokemon uses X or Y use..." (x and y referring to 2 individual moves) is that sub legal?

In a double battle, is 2 subs or one the standard number for each Pokemon?

Also, is a sub saying, "If Pokemon uses X or Y use..." (x and y referring to 2 individual moves) is that sub legal?
To answer your first question, I believe 2 is the standard for most battles nowadays, but if you're issuing a doubles challenge, you can specify a different number of subs.

To answer your second question, no. Even if you want to use the same move in response to X and Y, that would have to be two substitutions: one for X and one for Y.

You have to specify the number of subs, 2 is the most common, but variations like 3 or 1 exist if the number of moves of the battlers is big enough

No, you can only sub for either 1 move or a group of moves (dark damaging moves, water damaging moves, etc...) per sub (only exception being protective or evasive moves being subbed together)

Data Audit Thread said:
Moody (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's feelings are always fluctuating, and its mood at any given time greatly influences how it can act from one round to the next. In addition to its general nature, this Pokemon displays a burst of emotional power each round that shares characteristics with other natures, affecting the Pokemon's Ranks directly. At the end of each round the Pokemon changes its Moody nature (roll out of 25 R1 and out of 24 in subsequent rounds), a nature that has the regular drawbacks of a nature but enhances that nature's strengths.
So this is pretty self-explanatory, but the one thing I am confused about is how does Moody "Enhances the nature's strengths?"

DAT said:
DAT said:
Type: Innate

This Pokemon's feelings are always fluctuating, and its mood at any given time greatly influences how it can act from one round to the next. In addition to its general nature, this Pokemon displays a burst of emotional power each round that shares characteristics with other natures, affecting the Pokemon's Ranks directly. At the end of each round the Pokemon changes its Moody nature (roll out of 25 R1 and out of 24 in subsequent rounds), a nature that has the regular drawbacks of a nature but enhances that nature's strengths.

Moody Natures:
Code:
Hardy (+1 Atk)
Lonely (+2 Atk, -1 Def)
Adamant (+2 Atk, -1 SpA)
Naughty (+2 Atk, -1 SpD)
Brave (+2 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Bold (+2 Def, -1 Atk)
Docile (+1 Def)
Impish (+2 Def, -1 SpA)
Lax (+2 Def, -1 SpD)
Relaxed (+2 Def, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Modest (+2 SpA, -1 Atk)
Mild (+2 SpA, -1 Def)
Bashful (+1 SpA)
Rash (+2 SpA, -1 SpD)
Quiet (+2 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Calm (+2 SpD, -1 Atk)
Gentle (+2 SpD, -1 Def)
Careful (+2 SpD, -1 SpA)
Quirky (+1 SpD)
Sassy (+2 SpD, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Timid (+30% Speed, +2X Accuracy, -1 Atk)
Hasty (+30% Speed, +2X Accuracy, -1 Def)
Jolly (+30% Speed, +2X Accuracy, -1 SpA)
Naive (+30% Speed, +2X Accuracy, -1 SpD)
Serious (+15% Speed, +X Accuracy)
Does that help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)