Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does the game check to see if it's night when using Dusk Balls? Does it depend on the time the battle started, or does it check the time when it checks the ball rate?
I'm pretty sure it depends on the actual time and not the time the battle started.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
How can I tell which pokemon have been updated?
Almost every pokemon has been updated to this point. Also, if you want to check, lets say, Scizor, go to Scizor's page and you should see that it has Bullet Punch and the likes, which are Platinum move tutors.

When playing under Evasion Clause, are move like Sand-Attack still legal? I thought they were but just wanted to check.

I want to use this set for a lead:

Jirachi @ Occa/ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
~Iron Head
~Stealth Rock
~Fire Punch/ U-Turn
~Body Slam

The problem is, I can't get Body Slam. I was looking through its movepool and found something interesting: Secret Power. It has the same 30% Paralyze effect. Is Secret Power worth the 15 less points in power?

Okay. So even if I'm breeding with a Ditto, the other Pokemon has to be male to pass egg moves, right? >.>

(Ditto is not holding an Everstone)

Did they fix the Nature-Egg check glitch in Platinum?

Also, if I am breeding a Pokemon that has 2 abilities, does it have a higher chance of passing down its ability over the other one? For example, will my Porygon with Download make more babies with Download?

haunter

Banned deucer.
I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but there is a sort of "IV checker guy" in the Battle Tower of Platinum similar to the one in the Battle Frontier of Emerald. He tells you whether your Pokemon has like "moderate potential" or "superior than average potential" and such and then proceeds to tell you that he thinks "HP/Attack/Defense, etc." is the best. I was wondering if anyone has some information on what each message specifically means, or if the mechanics of it stayed the same from Emerald. :D
Can anyone with platinum confirm this?

Also, if I am breeding a Pokemon that has 2 abilities, does it have a higher chance of passing down its ability over the other one? For example, will my Porygon with Download make more babies with Download?
Abilities are random, you can't exert influence on them.

Hi Haunterfan, confirming that such a guy exists. I might be able to check each 'potential level' later, but later is around 6-7 hours from now.

The problem is, I can't get Body Slam. I was looking through its movepool and found something interesting: Secret Power. It has the same 30% Paralyze effect. Is Secret Power worth the 15 less points in power?
Seeing as Body Slam is used almost specifically for Paralysis, Secret Power should suffice. Alternatively, you could try Thunder Wave.

Is Starmie a good opyion in Hail? Two 120BP moves in Hydro Pump and Blizzard can make a big splash...
Also, should I use Psychic on Starmie, Trick, or Grass Knot?

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Starmie is indeed a worthy choice for a hail team. Resists fighting and steel, and is neutral to rock, so even with the hail damage its still viable. If you wish to include Trick, may as well go for something like

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpAtt / 220 Speed
Ability: Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot / Psychic / Trick

The choice between the 4th move depends on if you want the flexibility of a grass move, the rarely used Psychic as a surprise, or Trick for its infinite usefulness. Test all three out before you decide which to use. I like 220 EV in Speed to beat all those lazy 216 EV Starmies who just want to beat Gengar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)