Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say...can I run Rest/Sleep Talk/Blizzard/Zap Cannon Regice in Hail? Id'e like paralysis support, so Zap Cannon or Thunder?
if i where you i wouldnt use either, i would use thunderbolt. Now granted thunderbolt only has a 10% chance of paralyzing it might not be such a great idea. If you really want a move for paralysis then i would use zap cannon because thunder has 70 accuracy while zap cannon has only 20 points less, but thunder has a 30% chance of paralysis while zap cannon has 100%. so basically you sacrifice 20 points of accuracy to increase the chance on paralysis 70%

Im trying to get a zapdos with HP grass in my platinum (using action replay) and to make it seem legit im going to catch it lvl 50, so my question is weither or not lvl 50 is high enought to accuratly predict Hidden power?
You can predict hidden power even at level 1. Just do a level 100 wi-fi battle or whatever it's called. I imagine level 50 would be the same thing.

You can predict hidden power even at level 1. Just do a level 100 wi-fi battle or whatever it's called. I imagine level 50 would be the same thing.
Can't do this with legendaries, because you have to save in order to go on Wifi, which means you can't SR for them.

You have to waste a few rare candies, 50 isn't enough to get exact IVs.

Can't do this with legendaries, because you have to save in order to go on Wifi, which means you can't SR for them.

You have to waste a few rare candies, 50 isn't enough to get exact IVs.
Of course it is. You just need vitamins. See my reply to mattj on the last page. Just a few vitamins for each stat can find the IVs easily with MetalKid's calculator.

Can I do the GTS "glitch" on Pokemon Platinum to evolve my Haunter and Kadabra?

Also.. if it does work.. will it work with the Porygon and the discs and up-grades?

thanks to card of hearts, sc4r and regalstar

bearsfan092, you stink, all im doing is using to my action replay to capture multiple zapdos other wise i would have to waste my life starting new games. And i do have a life (contrary to popular delief =j )

Im not hacking for stats or anything >:l <-indignant

Vitamins help tremendously here, and you just need two for each stat. (take a 3rd Protein with you just to be safe)

Take HP, for example. As you should know, Zapdos's maximum HP at Level 50 is 165, but of course, that doesn't tell whether that's with a 30 or 31 IV. Give Zapdos two HP Up and pay attention to how much the HP goes up--if it goes up TWO, then it's definitely a 30 IV; if it goes up THREE, then it's definitely a 31 IV.

This works for every stat except the -Nature stat if it's -Atk (I don't think you're going for -SpD or -Spe.); in that case, the stat will go up ONE for a 30 IV and TWO for a 31. If the IV is lower than that, then you may need a third Protein.

That's the long-winded explanation. The easy solution is to input the untouched stats on the first line of MetalKid's IV calculator and the stats and EVs after the vitamins on the second line--make sure both lines are Level 50--and that should always give you the exact IVs.

Here's a visual example using a 31/30/30/31/31/31 Timid Zapdos:

-Here's how the stats should be entered: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3154/example1wwg.jpg

-and here's what the result should be: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4512/example2l.jpg
--Indeed, it is 31/30/30/31/31/31.
i dont quite get it, what do you mean how much the stat goes up by? vitamins make Evs go up not actual stats.

The stats are recalculated after you give a Pokemon a vitamin, meaning the stats can go up. Like I said there, you can use that stat gain to differentiate between a 30 and a 31 IV.

When smogon talks about hidden power in the strategy pokedex do the mean any specific power or would any power work?

Ok. So I read the Platinum RNG seed thingy thread and I just want to ask if somebody could help me out with it? (BTW, it said all questions like this should be in this topic) My computer seems to be unable to download all this stuff and I was wondering if someone else could find out the times and the rates I'd need to have to be able to hatch myself some shiny Pokemon. I know my ID and SID and I'm sure I can out any other need to know information about my save file. (I used *gasp* AR to find this out)

If anybody can help me I'll just post some info I think you need but to be honest, I'm not good with computers and was lost at every sentence in that topic.

Name: Ike (my sister and I share the game, she picked the name ^_^)
ID:17853
SID:61017

That's all I know but as I said if you're willing to help and you need more info I'll find a way to get it.
Bumping my question for help.

And to whoever asked about Regice and a paralysis inducing move, I would use Thunder Wave.

Judging from ColdEye's previous posts, he was talking about Zap Cannon on Regice. And no, I can't say the 50% is worth it, even on something that can take a few Special hits.

Can you wall a heatran with a gyrados. if so would a move set of waterfall/earthquake/stoneedge/some fourth move work?

Any suggestions?

Can you wall a heatran with a gyrados. if so would a move set of waterfall/earthquake/stoneedge/some fourth move work?

Any suggestions?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

Any suggestions?
Ummm....with SD up I've actually killed a Gyarados with Heatwaves before with my old Heatran. It took 3 Waterfalls and survived and dished out 4 heatwaves to KO Gary. All the while it was hitting other pokes too (BTW I'm talking doubles). I'm pretty sure it was a rather poor Gyarados though. :/

BTW, no more offers of Timid Zapdos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)