Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gellieman, I believe that it gets random special pokemon for those days. I know that I just ended up abusing the date control options to ditto farm.

Also, my question:

If you have a pokemon with trace in a double battle what happens, a random ability, or what?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So

So I'm soft resetting for a good Zapdos in LG. I'm looking for good IVs of course, but I'm also keeping an eye out for any good HPs. Problem is, this Zapdos is L50 and whatever IV calc you put its stats into wont be exactly precise which is KEY to finding what your HP really is. It could say its HP Ice 70 in Metalkids Calculator, but because it's not precise it could be something stupid like Fighting or something. Or the opposite could be happen, it could be great and I pass it up because it calculates it as something crappy.

So, how can I overcome this difficulty?

Problem is, I can't Use Rare Candies to Level it up and watch the stats change because then if it was good I'd have to save to keep it and it would be over 50... :/ Would using 8-10 vitamins on each stat help? I know that EVs react differently to Odd or Even IVs and I think there's a spot for EVs in Metalkid's Calculator so I think that might help...I could have it EV wiped anywhere...

Any good ideas for getting accurate IVs while SRing? I'm going to hold off for now until I hear back.

Thanks!

idk where else to ask this so:
Are there any threads on the forums where you can ask for advice one building your team without having to post the team on team rater (i cant finish it unless i get some advice :P) i know about the apprentice program but i didnt get in this round (despite getting up at 4am :P) and i dont want to waste 3 weeks i could be improving my team just to find out i dont make it in again :naughty:see what i mean?

So I'm soft resetting for a good Zapdos in LG. I'm looking for good IVs of course, but I'm also keeping an eye out for any good HPs. Problem is, this Zapdos is L50 and whatever IV calc you put its stats into wont be exactly precise which is KEY to finding what your HP really is. It could say its HP Ice 70 in Metalkids Calculator, but because it's not precise it could be something stupid like Fighting or something. Or the opposite could be happen, it could be great and I pass it up because it calculates it as something crappy.

Problem is, I can't Use Rare Candies to Level it up and watch the stats change because then if it was good I'd have to save to keep it and it would be over 50... :/ Would using 8-10 vitamins on each stat help? I know that EVs react differently to Odd or Even IVs and I think there's a spot for EVs in Metalkid's Calculator so I think that might help...I could have it EV wiped anywhere...

Any good ideas for getting accurate IVs while SRing? I'm going to hold off for now until I hear back.

Thanks!
Vitamins help tremendously here, and you just need two for each stat. (take a 3rd Protein with you just to be safe)

Take HP, for example. As you should know, Zapdos's maximum HP at Level 50 is 165, but of course, that doesn't tell whether that's with a 30 or 31 IV. Give Zapdos two HP Up and pay attention to how much the HP goes up--if it goes up TWO, then it's definitely a 30 IV; if it goes up THREE, then it's definitely a 31 IV.

This works for every stat except the -Nature stat if it's -Atk (I don't think you're going for -SpD or -Spe.); in that case, the stat will go up ONE for a 30 IV and TWO for a 31. If the IV is lower than that, then you may need a third Protein.

That's the long-winded explanation. The easy solution is to input the untouched stats on the first line of MetalKid's IV calculator and the stats and EVs after the vitamins on the second line--make sure both lines are Level 50--and that should always give you the exact IVs.

Here's a visual example using a 31/30/30/31/31/31 Timid Zapdos:

-Here's how the stats should be entered: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3154/example1wwg.jpg

-and here's what the result should be: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4512/example2l.jpg
--Indeed, it is 31/30/30/31/31/31.

If you talk to the mansion guy about the trophy garden on two consecutive days, and get two pokemon in the garden, do they stay there untill i talk to him again? or does it reset to having no special pokemon in the garden after two days.

Im trying to ditto farm :P

Hope that makes sense.
The Pokemon in the garden won't change unless you talk to him. If you have two Pokemon you like in there, as long as you don't talk to him anymore, those two will stay there forever.

Thanks!
just so you know, if you go to the wifi forums you can probably get a copy of negator's zapdos, it is lv. 50 modest with almost completely flawless IV's and hp ice 68

I was playing Shoddy, and there were Toxic Spikes on the feild. I had a Mamoswine with a Lum Berry, and I sent it out. It said it got poisoned once, then the Lum Berry healed it, and it immediaty got poisoned again. Is this how it works in-game or is it a Shoddy glitch?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
just so you know, if you go to the wifi forums you can probably get a copy of negator's zapdos, it is lv. 50 modest with almost completely flawless IV's and hp ice 68
But where's the fun in that? Especially since I've got it saved and ready and all... Sure, it's a last resort I suppose... I'm not sold on HP ice either...

I definitely do appreciate the advice though. Thank you.

I was playing Shoddy, and there were Toxic Spikes on the feild. I had a Mamoswine with a Lum Berry, and I sent it out. It said it got poisoned once, then the Lum Berry healed it, and it immediaty got poisoned again. Is this how it works in-game or is it a Shoddy glitch?
Most likely a shody glitche as toxic spikes only poison apon entry.
I could be wrong but i dont see why toxic spikes would poison you twice.

did you switch into a toxic?

Ok. So I read the Platinum RNG seed thingy thread and I just want to ask if somebody could help me out with it? (BTW, it said all questions like this should be in this topic) My computer seems to be unable to download all this stuff and I was wondering if someone else could find out the times and the rates I'd need to have to be able to hatch myself some shiny Pokemon. I know my ID and SID and I'm sure I can out any other need to know information about my save file. (I used *gasp* AR to find this out)

If anybody can help me I'll just post some info I think you need but to be honest, I'm not good with computers and was lost at every sentence in that topic.

Name: Ike (my sister and I share the game, she picked the name ^_^)
ID:17853
SID:61017

That's all I know but as I said if you're willing to help and you need more info I'll find a way to get it.

Battle Frontier Pokémon... Are they EV trained and do they have perfect IV's?
Only at a certain point, that point I can't remember off the top of my head.
If you check the DPt Battle Frontier Record page, I believe there is a spreadsheet of all the pokémon's data that can be generated into an opponent's team.

What is the best way to store excess Pokemon? I was using My Pokemon Ranch for my Pearl, but it doesn't allow for usage with platinum, is it best to just release Pokemon that will receive no use?

If you use Transform on a Pokémon that knows the move Hidden Power, what happens to its type? (Since Transform doesn't copy the health points). I don't care about Shoddy, I'm asking about Wi-Fi.

I read the move description at http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/transform , and it says:

The stats are copied exactly, without regard to EVs, IVs, and level. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well.
I'm guessing that means it copies the HP IV as well? It's a little vague.

Thanks

What is the best way to store excess Pokemon? I was using My Pokemon Ranch for my Pearl, but it doesn't allow for usage with platinum, is it best to just release Pokemon that will receive no use?
pokemon ranch will be updated to be usable with platinum (it already has been updated in japan) so if your willing to wait then pokemon ranch will enventually be updated

www.serebii.net has more info on pokemon ranch

idk where else to ask this so:
Are there any threads on the forums where you can ask for advice one building your team without having to post the team on team rater (i cant finish it unless i get some advice :P) i know about the apprentice program but i didnt get in this round (despite getting up at 4am :P) and i dont want to waste 3 weeks i could be improving my team just to find out i dont make it in again. know what i mean?

So I was looking through old UU suspect testing and I saw that in the latest test where Crobot, Shaymin, and Raikou were taken out to be tested, I'd made the rating/deviation necessary for voting. The last post in that thread was two weeks ago, though, so I'm assuming I'm too late to help out. (though if I'm not, that'd be good to know too) That said, is there any way to get notified when these things are coming up or do I just need to keep checking back here more regularly? (since I rarely come to the forums)

So I was looking through old UU suspect testing and I saw that in the latest test where Crobot, Shaymin, and Raikou were taken out to be tested, I'd made the rating/deviation necessary for voting. The last post in that thread was two weeks ago, though, so I'm assuming I'm too late to help out. (though if I'm not, that'd be good to know too) That said, is there any way to get notified when these things are coming up or do I just need to keep checking back here more regularly? (since I rarely come to the forums)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57951

Look at the list of names on that link. If you are one of those people then they might still let you submit your paragraphs. However, you are about 2 weeks late getting in touch with anyone.

If your ARENT one of those people then you aren't able to obtain voting rights without writing Caelum and explaining why you think you should be able to allowed to vote even though you did not meet the requirements.(and I would guess you would have to give a good reason why you are so late getting in touch with them) Again, this is a very long shot, and unless they know you to be knowledgable of the metagame and an active player/ contributor, then I can't see them cutting you slack. (your post count and the admission you rarely are on smogon isn't helping your cause)

Again, either way its pretty late; it's probably too late tbh. For some reason, this whole process is taking forever so if you pm him and ask, then you may get lucky... my advice: dont expect too much, but I no one can say yes or no except the people in charge of the UU test.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57951

Look at the list of names on that link. If you are one of those people then they might still let you submit your paragraphs. However, you are about 2 weeks late getting in touch with anyone.

If your ARENT one of those people then you aren't able to obtain voting rights without writing Caelum and explaining why you think you should be able to allowed to vote even though you did not meet the requirements.(and I would guess you would have to give a good reason why you are so late getting in touch with them) Again, this is a very long shot, and unless they know you to be knowledgable of the metagame and an active player/ contributor, then I can't see them cutting you slack. (your post count and the admission you rarely are on smogon isn't helping your cause)

Again, either way its pretty late; it's probably too late tbh. For some reason, this whole process is taking forever so if you pm him and ask, then you may get lucky... my advice: dont expect too much, but I no one can say yes or no except the people in charge of the UU test.
I am on the list as SAsc4rs, which is why I posted, but I figured as much about being late to the party. Where would I be submitting paragraphs, anyway, so I know where to look for next time?

EDIT: never mind read the link, ignore my question. Thanks!

Im trying to get a zapdos with HP grass in my platinum (using action replay) and to make it seem legit im going to catch it lvl 50, so my question is weither or not lvl 50 is high enought to accuratly predict Hidden power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)